Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    i may sound a tiny bit sexist, but being in design and marketing, We target women because they are the ones spending their mans money. Make a woman feel good and happy by putting down a man, she will subconsciously relate that feeling to the product and will be more likely to buy it when spotted on a shelf in a store. Interestingly enough, this does not work as well on men as research shows the way relations of feelings to items are made inside a mans head are different.

Deleted
    Because thats what women enjoy watching. Adverts are primarily aimed at women (the big spenders of most households)
    They often are the ones who do the shopping, not only for groceries but for leisure.

Its only natural that practically all adverts are aimed at women, even the ones aimed at men (gilette etc) use hunky men as that plants in the womans head 'ooh my husband / BF wil look just gorgeous if he uses *insert brand name here*'

Quote Originally Posted by anywherenotes View Post
    Is the group of people which is least discriminated against, seriously complaining about some jokes at their expense?

This stuff is like talking about boss' back about how poorly he parks his car, which is worth more than salary of highest payed employee.
    Again, we're not living in the 50s-80s. In the western world white males might actually be the most discriminated group, since it's apparently alright to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    But there are commercials like that now, at least in the US. Not sure how hellosaltygoodness is being biased though.
    Link a single one that hasn't been banned.

Anyway... off-topic but related: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlFAd4YdQks "He probably deserved it." Is a thought process suprisingly many women use.

Quote Originally Posted by volescue View Post

There are only three teachers I would ever dare to say had favorites of specific genders. Two were male, and they both seemed to favor the females and one female who seemed to favor males. So any point you were trying to make about "feminist teachers" is moot, it is a two way street and not always girl girl, guy guy.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/ed...s-6943928.html
    Last edited by Fojos; 2012-03-28 at 04:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jaykaywhy View Post
    Wow, really? Males pretty much rule the world in almost every aspect, and you're letting something like this twist your panties?

Grow a pair and toughen up.
    Because those commercials are clearly targeting politicians and CEOs, right?

Wow, really? Males pretty much rule the world in almost every aspect, and you're letting something like this twist your panties?

Welcome to the Western World of the 21st century. The Middle East is that way -->

10+ Year Old Account
    Because men are stupid enough to let this shit slide. Because it "Not Manly" if you complain about being put down and called worthless....thats what society has formed this into. That males deserve to be treated like shit, and have to bow down to the will of a female. I'm a male, and I'll be the first to admit, the shit I've seen men put up with, just so they can get laid is fucking pathetic, and shows how mindless and downright fucking retarded we have become. I'm ashamed to be this sex, and have to live with the fuck-ups that others thinking with their penis and this false pride. Put down a male, no big deal, they won't speak up. Put down a women, and holy fucking shit, feminists unite, shit storm ensues, fire the writers, or civilization collapses. Its time men start speaking up, or this issue will never be taken seriously. Stop being pussies, and thinking that you'll lose your "Manliness" if you speak your mind.

Now watch, I'll most likely have complains against me, because I'm "sexist".
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

10+ Year Old Account
    Men are depicted as stupid in most commercials because guess what? Its best to do business with 2 types of people. Women and children. You won't see an ad that will depict women as stupid, because they are the majority that buys things. Not trying to be sexist, but that's just how business is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aztr0 View Post
    Men are depicted as stupid in most commercials because guess what? Its best to do business with 2 types of people. Women and children. You won't see an ad that will depict women as stupid, because they are the majority that buys things. Not trying to be sexist, but that's just how business is.
    So they depict men as stupid, lazy and can't cook, just so women can buy Ego waffles so he doesn't burn the house down???

All of you guys saying "WAAAAAAAAA DOUBLE STANDARD!!!" please get the hell out of my gender and stop sissying it up.

You're looking at commercials targeting women, which are generally assumed to be the family planners in the home.

Look at any car commercial and you'll see the exact opposite.
    Vanilla WoW was a diamond in the rough. Burning Crusade cleared the rough away and polished that diamond up. During Lich King, that diamond cracked from being over polished and in Cataclysm that diamond was replaced with a cubic zirconia.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    All of you guys saying "WAAAAAAAAA DOUBLE STANDARD!!!" please get the hell out of my gender and stop sissying it up.
    Since we're big tough men, we can take it!

Will you be paying for my reassignment surgery?

Most of these adds the woman is dumb

She thinks her husband needs fiber, dumb.
    She can't get off computer long enough to have her family stop fighting
    She's working at a taco place.
    She married the dumb lawnmower husband.
    She can't even get out of bed, while husband has efficient way to make breakfast.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    I dunno dude. You're on quite the commercial kick huh?

White Males 18-50 are easy targets. You can pretty much say anything about them and they dont care. /shrug
    male, middle-class, and white - the only social group you can still make fun of and not be criticized for doing so.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Advertising is typically a very conservative form of media. It rarely pushes envelopes and instead falls back on gender stereotypes. Men are not the only victims here. I mean, how many cough/cold medicine commercials have you seen where the mother is caring for the sick father and kids? Or how many laundry detergent commercials which only feature women? Out of all the commercials you've ever seen featuring couples in love, how many of those couples have not been 1) straight or 2) of the same race? The list goes on.

10+ Year Old Account

HAHA, men don't run shit all. EVERYTHING pretty much gets ran by a group of women in some way to make sure it doesn't demoralize them. Your just like any other male, with your "Don't complain, take it like a bitch, or I lose my manliness" attitude. Face it, women run the world now, because no one ever said stop, at equality.

Deleted

White Males 18-50 are easy targets. You can pretty much say anything about them and they dont care. /shrug
    We care, it's just that we've been shown over and over again that if we complain about being ridiculed we will either be mocked for not "taking it like a man"/being "gay"/"wimps"/whatever or shouted down by people who feel that just because we happen to be white and male we should be fair game for any ridicule and mockery that anyone feels like throwing at us.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DuckieMage View Post
    I do believe you have miss-understood what Feminism is.
    Feminism is believing everyone is equal in all ways.
    It doesn't mean a woman is smart than a man, or a man is smarter than a women.
    true, it used to be about that, but by now it should be called equalism, because the original idea is long gone and the feminists i know of today, are crazy and wont give in even a notch (not all of them ofcourse)
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by DuckieMage View Post
    I do believe you have miss-understood what Feminism is.
    Feminism is believing everyone is equal in all ways.
    It doesn't mean a woman is smart than a man, or a man is smarter than a women.
    There can be major differences in the theory of ideologies and how they actually work. Communism isn't really that bad in theory, but it can't really work.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mludd View Post
    We care, it's just that we've been shown over and over again that if we complain about being ridiculed we will either be mocked for not "taking it like a man"/being "gay"/"wimps"/whatever or shouted down by people who feel that just because we happen to be white and male we should be fair game for any ridicule and mockery that anyone feels like throwing at us.
    true

/brohug
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account

More correct to say they aren't allowed to care. Demanding equal treatment would amusingly be seen as being sexist or racist since white+male(+heterosexual) is considered the most privileged race+gender combination in society.

It'd be easier to say that - what if a woman was being portrayed as being stupid, or a black man, or an asian woman? Civil rights groups would have kittens over that - that'd be racist or sexist.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow