10+ Year Old Account

Battlefield 2142 [Thread]

So I wanted to see if anyone still plays this or just the thing in the past. I myself LOVED this game more then any BF/ or FPS.
    Firstly, will they make a sequel or just leave it as the champ?
    Secondly, If people are still playing why can't I get the demo to work? and how many people still play?
    Thirdly and last, Did you love this game?

Deleted
    BF 2142 was the only Battlefield game I skipped.

I'm not sure what my reasons where back then, maybe my PC was too dated or it didn't seem to evolve much compared to BF 2, but for some reason BF 2142 never caught on the same way BF 2 did. And despite the so/so success it seems to have quite a committed following.

I guess the Sci-Fi scenario just doesn't have the same appeal when compared to modern combat. I recall that I didn't like the sound and feel of many of the weapons and vehicles although the mechs were cool.

I could see a remake or DLC work if they managed to make the scenario a bit cooler and more gritty.

I myself absolutely loved this game, it had this unique feeling of fighting in the future without looking like a total joke. Also imo the gameplay developed rather slowly and prgressionevly (you didnt cap a spawning point easily) and it took a while to finish one match where as todays shooters have really fast small games. The maps in bf2142 were top quality.
    Don't think alot of ppl play this game anymore. Too many shooters coming out each year to make one game stand out from the past. Afaik only cod4/bf2 managed to do that.

Loved it, though i hated the vehicle controls. Would love to see a newer version of this.