Poll: How long do you plan to subscribe to SWTOR?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    In your fish aquarium eating your fish flakes. NOM NOM
    As of today im letting my sub run out, i just dont like how i feel isolated within the game and dont have access to group activities. Never could find a guild i wanted to play with.

I feel as though my experience would really benefit from having a dungeon finder, which ive heard will be in 1.3 ill probably check back then.
    Torchlight II Vanilla Player
    Looking for a vanilla only group?

http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=40739

Deleted
    As of a few days ago, I've actually cancelled my subscription. Just wasn't enjoying the game anymore and nothing was really keeping me in it. So no more plans for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Played the game through all Betas. Played at launch till a week or so ago when my sub ran out... Odd thing is...I have no want to sub in again. I enjoyed my game time but I can't help but feel that the game is missing that "X" factor that excites me to get back in asap.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    i bought 3 months on release, the game is entertaining at first, but def not worth my sub money. i was planning to play both WoW and SWTOR, but SWTOR is just way behind, even games like GW are looking better. Def not subing again. RIP SWTOR
    Have fun with your pandas and carebear mode. Noone will miss you.

Infracted
    Last edited by Dakia; 2012-03-29 at 04:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I have no idea how long I plan to subscribe. Another 3 months, sure, I can see that. Perhaps another 6? It all depends on how the game develops: how fast and in what direction. When I started playing WoW, I never thought I'd be playing it for 8 or so years! So I don't know what the future holds. Back then there were no 'real' alternatives ofcourse, and now.. well, Diablo 3 and GuildWars 2 will not likely draw me away.

For now I'm having lot of fun with the game; leveling alts for all the stories, PVPing and looking forward to rated warzones.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Juubo
    Where is the "Until I am bored of the game" option?
    That would be the indefinitely option.
    That comes from people reading "indefinite" as "forever". Similar problem comes with the word "priceless" being read as "worth a shitload".

In fairness to the poster though, it's just as valid to say that he does have a definite time table which ends "when he is bored", so he didn't chose that option.

On topic: Soon probably. I'm in that limbo land right now where I'm subbed, but not really playing. Same thing happened a year ago with WOW, because I NEVER return to an MMO, so I have to make certain before I unsub. I hadn't even hit 50 before I got pulled away by life. Most likely I will force myself to finish up that chr (to see the whole story line), and then unsub.

I tend to agree with the "single-player-mmo" camp, while at the same time agreeing that it is an unfair assessment. Depends on how you look at it I guess, and I'm planted in the middle, so I see both sides.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Still having a blast with SWTOR. The PvP has been a lot of fun. The PvE content could use some work, but I'll give Bioware time to work things out. So I will be sticking with the game.

Gave it good three months and just could not love the game no mater how hard i tried or wanted to. Not my cup of tea. No longer subbed and uninstalled the game from PC for good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrogan View Post
    For as long as I can, I'm enjoying the game immensely and from the looks of 1.2 I'm going to enjoy it a lot more.
    This......

Please post constructively. This post does not contribute to the discussion topic of this thread. ~ Dakia
    Last edited by Dakia; 2012-03-30 at 11:25 AM.

Deleted
    We'll see At the moment im on hold a little, since i dont want to touch my alts until the legacy system is in, i have my 2 50's (consular,Commando) so im just pottering around doing dailies, the odd run, helping out in an op here and there, its keeping me well occupiused, so much that ive not even bothered with the MOP information and beta.

I went for 6 months though so i have till July, ask me again in july, if 1.2 is as a good as hoped and around that time either 1.3 is out or on the PTR im sure i'll resub again for 6 months. Bcause in my mind 3 decent sized patches(1.1,1.2,1.3) in 6 months is more than what expected so i'll definatly kee going.

But i'll be checking in with MOP sometime and maybe GW2, but until one or the other blows me out the water, then im quite happy with TOR and the patches that are coming

Deleted
    At least a few more months. I am enjoying the game, especially storywise. I've been playing Bioware games for a while, and this is by far the most entertaining. Suits me better than most current options at the moment, so I'll stick with it.

Unsubbed about 3 weeks ago. A couple buddies wanted to get off our dead server to go level on a high pop server......and then we all realized that leveling 1-50 is the most boring task ever. I unsubbed, and told Bioware to do a better job on class balance and improve their development team.
    This game is really awesome in terms of their PvP ideas, but class balance wise, not so much. I mean, they were working on the game for 4 years, but they couldn't iron out the bugs before launch, which really drove me to dislike the development team.
    Don't think I'll be coming back to the game for a while. I just prefer playing WoW because of the 7 year development time and how much the MMO has progressed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Planned to stay in till at least 1.2 but let my sub laps last month out of sheer boredom.
    Victoria Aut Mors

Deleted
    Unsubbed.

I enjoyed the leveling immensely but end-game is rather lacking as of now.
    I was also playing on a server that was always stuck on standard which annoyed me.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexTheGreat View Post
    Unsubbed about 3 weeks ago. A couple buddies wanted to get off our dead server to go level on a high pop server......and then we all realized that leveling 1-50 is the most boring task ever. I unsubbed, and told Bioware to do a better job on class balance and improve their development team.
    This game is really awesome in terms of their PvP ideas, but class balance wise, not so much. I mean, they were working on the game for 4 years, but they couldn't iron out the bugs before launch, which really drove me to dislike the development team.
    Don't think I'll be coming back to the game for a while. I just prefer playing WoW because of the 7 year development time and how much the MMO has progressed.
    In a game with no combat log what classes do you feel need more balancing? And more importantly what evidence can you bring to bear on this? This should be interesting...

My buddy talked me into trying it out and invited me through their recruit a friend. I ended up buying it and getting a two month sub, received one free month from the recruit a friend. I did some leveling and went through a lot of pvp and was so unhappy with both in terms of play style and skill needed that I have let my sub run out and never plan on returning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    How long do you intend to keep your sub running?
    gonna wait and see if 1.2 will keep me in.
    if it compensates the lack of server transfers and the LFG tool, I will stay more.

un subed

the level was brutal at around lvl 40
    just so mind numbing

Sadly unsubbed due to all my guildies from another mmo already quitting, we had high hopes for this game, the 12 or so of us that came here, now I'm the only one left

Until TSW is released. So 2 months or so.