Titan Alpha going on?

Was looking at Zahryms twitter and noticed he retweeted that some1 played titan and Twitter went nuts over this.
    What do you guys think?
    I don't know how to link just that tweet, but check out Zarhyms twitter

Deleted
    Or.. it could just be a pre-alpha dev version. Games are tested and played though pretty much the whole process. As soon as there's something that even kinda looks like a game someone will testing stuff.

Don't draw any conclusions on how far development might be from this.

Considering it's Rob Pardo doing the tweeting, I think that's sort of self-explanatory.

Tho there is a developement, that's far more info then we've got so far.

Quote Originally Posted by azthal View Post
    Or.. it could just be a pre-alpha dev version. Games are tested and played though pretty much the whole process. As soon as there's something that even kinda looks like a game someone will testing stuff.

Don't draw any conclusions on how far development might be from this.
    Pretty much this.

Well games get tested from the second they are made, So theyll the dev will always be playing it, saying on tweeter, hey we are playing this game all of you really want, is just a tease tbh

well this at least confirms its existence, I was unsure for the longest time.

Still, no screenshots? I don't care how ugly pre-pre alpha is, we still don't even know the theme of the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Vampires/werewolves, as per reports a long time ago.

15+ Year Old Account
    Alpha? Probably. Beta? Far from that.

Do we know officially? No
    Can we gather opinions based on dates, "tweets", and other various news gathered from Titan? Yes, just don't believe them as facts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I sense Titan will be the April Fool's joke this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    well this at least confirms its existence, I was unsure for the longest time.

Still, no screenshots? I don't care how ugly pre-pre alpha is, we still don't even know the theme of the game.
    Yeah I know, I've been wondering if they will even properly mention it until like Blizzcon 2013 which is like 18 months away :S

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    It's a futuristic laz0r cowboy, Steampunk, Space-warfare type scenario, that you play through Facebook, with massive customization, and a Real-money auction house that you can access over a smart device. Like Mafia Wars, but you equip all the 3-dimensional stuff on your avatar, a al any MMO, and has massively quick operations for you to accomplish, as you wait in line for your latte, or at the doctor's office.
    Last edited by tenzing21; 2012-03-29 at 06:09 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tenzing21 View Post
    It's a futuristic laz0r cowboy, Steampunk, Space-warfare type scenario, that you play through Facebook, with massive customization, and a Real-money auction house that you can access over a smart device. Like Mafia Wars, but you equip all the 3-dimensional stuff on your avatar, a al any MMO, and has massively quick operations for you to accomplish, as you wait in line for your latte, or at the doctor's office.
    Mind = Blown.

I liked the part about the Latte.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Copperbolt View Post
    Was looking at Zahryms twitter and noticed he retweeted that some1 played titan and Twitter went nuts over this.
    What do you guys think?
    I don't know how to link just that tweet, but check out Zarhyms twitter
    Weather there is a pre-alpha developer version or not, it sure keeps the community waiting which is a smart marketing approach.

A playable form alone does not constitute an alpha.
    Also what point of development do you define an alpha as, because how one developer defines one will vary quite considerably from another.
    A recent article on another alpha/beta stated that beta is for balancing / fixing bugs.
    A view which is hugely different from the blizzard approach which can see huge changes to the core mechanics, included content etc.

not surprising, its prolly a pre-alpha dev version.

maybe an announcement at 2k13 blizzcon, but most likely an announcement at 2k14 blizzcon, since wow still has at least 1 more expansion to go after MoP.

A news site used this image on a recent Titan article:

http://www.gameranx.com/img/12-Mar/blizzard-titan.jpg

Not sure if that's official art or fan art but I like the idea.