Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyzzyx View Post
    Pretty much. I tried it for a bit, and with limited time to play I just ended upset at how horribly unbalanced it is for new players. With no option to jump in with newbs, you're stuck against people with 500+ hours of play time and every unlockable. BF3 isn't exactly a game where progression is important. You're there to team up and kill people. Having no gear makes it not much fun for everyone.
    So why have ranking systems and a requirement of unlocking at all? Why not make it all available to everyone from the start? Because there's no money in that.
    Don't be so naivë.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuqui-tuqui View Post
    I'm okay with this. In fact I might be interested in the vehicle unlocks. It's very difficult to get a hold a jet and when I do I cannot counter the more experienced pilots with nice gadgets on them.

yah, took me so long to just unlock flares with the jet, everytime i managed to get one i would get shot down really quick, i finally got flares now though i can see why people would unlock stuff, the unlock system on battlefield 3 is really annoying and takes ages for people who dont play much or only play as one class.

Deleted
    Pretty much. I tried it for a bit, and with limited time to play I just ended upset at how horribly unbalanced it is for new players. With no option to jump in with newbs, you're stuck against people with 500+ hours of play time and every unlockable. BF3 isn't exactly a game where progression is important. You're there to team up and kill people. Having no gear makes it not much fun for everyone.
    Yeah, I played the free weekend of MW3 and the absurd thing is that if you select free-for-all deathmatch you get matched with people regardless of levels.

I have no idea how people can find fun in a game where at first you can't win because you have inferior gear, and at last you just autowin everything because other people have inferior gear.

If they want to have this crazy RPG levelling thing, at least they could match people at roughly the same level, it's not rocket science.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    yah, took me so long to just unlock flares with the jet, everytime i managed to get one i would get shot down really quick, i finally got flares now though i can see why people would unlock stuff, the unlock system on battlefield 3 is really annoying and takes ages for people who dont play much or only play as one class.
    I got started leveling recon with either a shotty or using the iron sights on the 1st rifles, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    I just realized the meaning behind your avatar.

/shiver

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    Concept? Yes. Execution? Screw EA.
    pretty much my opinion on DLC.. value for money or no deal. This really is overpriced bullshit imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    pretty much my opinion on DLC.. value for money or no deal. This really is overpriced bullshit imo.
    I'm not going to disagree, but at least you don't miss out on ANYTHING buy not purchasing it. With DLC if you don't want it, you miss out on additional content, gameplay modes ect. (My stance against DLC has caused me to miss out on a decent number of things I would have really loved to buy and play), but all you miss out on is time spent using those unlocks, since you'll get then through regular play anyways.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    I'm not going to disagree, but at least you don't miss out on ANYTHING buy not purchasing it. With DLC if you don't want it, you miss out on additional content, gameplay modes ect. (My stance against DLC has caused me to miss out on a decent number of things I would have really loved to buy and play), but all you miss out on is time spent using those unlocks, since you'll get then through regular play anyways.
    its the start of pay to win imo.. it really does depend on where EA draws the line. Like people said about new players.. if a new player doesnt want to buy the perks is it fair that they are then at such a disadvantage to another player who started at the same time but who is willing to pay?

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    its the start of pay to win imo.. it really does depend on where EA draws the line. Like people said about new players.. if a new player doesnt want to buy the perks is it fair that they are then at such a disadvantage to another player who started at the same time but who is willing to pay?
    Sort of, but then again, pay 2 win doesn't have nearly as large of a market as more balanced games. As long as the you can't purchase exclusive, significantly more powerful items, from the cash shop though, it's fine. It's purchasing convenience. And the way they're doing it now (staggering it 6 months after launch) is alright. New players in modern multiplayer FPS's always have the disadvantage of needing to go through the prolonged process of unlocking the perks anyways, so nothing really changes overall.

Redit: Brains fried, sorry if my posts are a mess -_-

Deleted
    You guys are acting like the gear you get is the difference between someone in 410 raiding gear vs a newly dinged 85 in greens. The difference between the starting guns and the unlocks is low enough that the more skilled player will still win out. In fact, some of the last unlocks are worse than the weapons you start out with. The better guns are better insofar as having for instance 3% less spread and 0.1 second less reloading time over similar weapons. It's marginal. The only place it matters is in vehicles, where a fully equipped tank or jet does have a pretty large advantage over one without any unlocks. In ground vehicles and helicopters that doesn't matter however, because you don't have to fight each other to get points. In jets you need like two kills to unlock flares and then you're good to go. In short, if you are new and getting your ass kicked, it's probably not because of the gear that took other players 500 hours to unlock, it's probably because they played 500 hours more than you.
    Last edited by mmocf11091e3a8; 2012-03-29 at 12:29 AM.

Deleted
    As someone who sucks at BF3 I see no problem with this at all.
    sure gives me a chance to open everything up if I want to but you know what ?
    I wont do it simply because I will feel like I cheated the system. Ill still be able to kill people who have got the unlock pack.
    Ill still have fun without it, and that is what counts, what I find fun. if you find it fun to pay some money and unlock everything Go for it, its not like I am paying a monthly sub for it. If I was paying a monthly sub for it then yest I would be pissed at this package, I just see it as a way of people catching up and not being total cannon fodder when they start.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    So why have ranking systems and a requirement of unlocking at all? Why not make it all available to everyone from the start? Because there's no money in that.
    Don't be so naivë.
    Companies like money. It makes perfect sense though to remove the system completely otherwise. Don't be so naive (I'm leaving the accent off, because I'm not a pretentious ass, only a regular one).

ea is doing it wrong. they need hats