Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

LVL 15 boss (10-100 players)from a german site

so i found this nice video and since i havent seen it in the forum here you are

i dont know what they are saying but the boss is awesome and its one of those bosses that scale up to 100 players.

http://vid.buffed.de/hdvideo/7533/Gu...hattenBehemoth

Deleted
    Got posted in The One Thread and someone even found video of full version of that event. Looks pretty epic.

Awesome video! Words can't describe how excited I am for this game.

I remember seeing a crappy clip of this boss a long time ago. It's really cool to finally see it in a higher quality video. Looks awesome. Can't wait to kill it myself!

I know it's lower level, but the fight seems extremely repetitive and boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerodynamic View Post
    It's never entertaining to watch other people play games.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Plus, the poster even stated he was more focused on filming the event and rezzing people and not actively participating in combat.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

10+ Year Old Account
    Frostbolt, frostbolt, frostbolt, frostbolt.
    Feral Druids are the most "feared" class in PvP.
    Warodl - Warod

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    It's never entertaining to watch other people play games.
    Unless it's Minecraft.

LOL j/k! Minecraft is horrible. ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Warod View Post
    >WoW players bashing GW2 for a button spamming combat system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks pretty awesome to me!

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    >WoW players bashing GW2 for a button spamming combat system.
    Oh irony.... how I love thee.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

please come up with a game that the bosses do different moves every time you fight them, so that it's never the same twice.

15+ Year Old Account
    My opinion - key word here - is the overall video doesn't really impress me. The boss graphics and detail are amazing but the fight doesn't look all that unique and exciting. Not sure why people are slobbering over this, pretty routine stuff here.

Don't get me wrong, still looking forward to GW2 and I'm sure I'll love it.

Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
    Oh irony.... how I love thee.
    I prefer...

Oh irony, how thou art a heartless bitch.

---------- Post added 2012-03-28 at 12:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rifter View Post
    My opinion - key word here - is the overall video doesn't really impress me. The boss graphics and detail are amazing but the fight doesn't look all that unique and exciting. Not sure why people are slobbering over this, pretty routine stuff here.

Don't get me wrong, still looking forward to GW2 and I'm sure I'll love it.
    Well it's a "world boss" at level 15 of this caliber, I'd say that's pretty unique for MMOs. Now, I know about the whole "endgame" philosophy, but I still think this is very cool. You don't need to be max level to experience raid type content.

As for the actual fight mechanics, yes it probably looked boring to a viewer because they're not caught up in the moment. If you actually experience it would be a lot more fun, and it's probably a good thing the fight isn't complicated seeing as how often people died. I think at one point more people were dead than alive in that fight.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-03-28 at 04:12 AM.

I thought it was pretty cool for a level 15 fight.

It's not the Shatterer cool but interesting nonetheless.

Also, Blzn is correct. Watching others play video games is pretty darn boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Warod View Post
    This thread isn't about frost mage PvP, silly!

Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    This thread isn't about frost mage PvP, silly!
    No, Frost mage pvp is more to the effect of: Freeze, icelance, deep freeze, ice lance, ice lance, ice lance, frost nova, ice lance, iceblock.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Well it's a "world boss" at level 15 of this caliber, I'd say that's pretty unique for MMOs. Now, I know about the whole "endgame" philosophy, but I still think this is very cool. You don't need to be max level to experience raid type content.
    And it scales with participation...shares loot drops for all...doesn't require a trinity setup to take down and allows freedom in player choice...happens without having to collect the quest from some dumb npc standing around thus breaking sense of immersion......
    That's all I have time to think of.
    I'd say the salivating is somewhat justified.
    Got to consider the totality of what that boss represents in terms of the game world and it's mechanics and features to appreciate why people are excited I think.
    Last edited by Squirrelbanes; 2012-03-28 at 04:17 AM.

Most of the events we seen fall into the: 1. complete objectives to win, 2. bash lots of baddies. I think this is fine for open world stuff.

GW2 open world stuff seems pretty much designed to be a romp. Not easy, per se. Though it seems that you're just out to have a bit of fun hacking & slashing. Anet may claim this MOBA skill design business, a lot of the gameplay looks like old school Action RPG. The MMO equivalent of Champions of Norrath or Titan Quest.

I am pretty okay with that from time to time.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-03-28 at 04:16 AM.