Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zibi View Post
    Why is it so many people here say stuff like "stop being lazy and wanting LFD where you do nothing but stand around and wait for a group"? Half the people here that want LFD say they want it so they DON'T have to stand around in fleet for hours waiting for people to form up a group, etc. They say they want to enjoy the rest of the game, but they aren't allowed to because if they do it's at the exclusion of another part of it.
    If only people never had any ulterior motives when arguing on the internetz, while some would do other activities while waiting I'm willing to bet the majority would just stand around at fleet.

And also... as for how it is more single-player? Class quest barriers, only one of your class allowed inside. If you have friends with similar interests, check them at the door please.
    Unless you go to social options and tick the box to allow it you mean.

And also... as for how it is more single-player? Class quest barriers, only one of your class allowed inside. If you have friends with similar interests, check them at the door please.
    Or you can look in your options and learn how to let people of the same class in ;P

---------- Post added 2012-03-28 at 12:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    If only people never had any ulterior motives when arguing on the internetz, while some would do other activities while waiting I'm willing to bet the majority would just stand around at fleet.
    If as many people were out doing things while waiting for queues in a certain other game as SAID they were out doing other things while waiting for queues, there would never be anyone in a major city.

Quote Originally Posted by Koalachan View Post

If as many people were out doing things while waiting for queues in a certain other game as SAID they were out doing other things while waiting for queues, there would never be anyone in a major city.
    Hey, we can do a fun test. Pick a middle of the road SWTOR server and a middle of the road WoW server. Check how many max levels are in the main city(fleet in SWTOR's case) versus how many max levels are in other zones/dungeons/raids and compare.

I can check the WoW side if someone wants to check the SWTOR side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets go check the servers of a game that has been around for 3 months and the servers of a game that has been around for 7 and a half years.

Thats like comparing apples to oranges.

Ontopic: If LFD is implemented, that would be even less people on fleet and more complaining that the fleet is 'under populated' which somehow directly correlates to server population.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    Quote Originally Posted by VincentWolf View Post
    THAT'S THE WHOLE FRAKIN POINT OF IT!!!
    I'm sorry I sound a bit emo, but I'm SO sick and tired of those ppl who think that we should be FORCED to group up the oldschool manual way. I'm not friendly person, I don't care about other people, I don't want to make a good impression. In fact, if you fail in my warzone/flashpoint and cost us a game/make us wipe, you'll hear about it from me in details.
    the bit you're missing is that grouping with people like you with your attitude, isn't fun for the rest of us. That's why people don't want a LFG tool as well end up grouping with antisocial Pia people like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Lets go check the servers of a game that has been around for 3 months and the servers of a game that has been around for 7 and a half years.

Thats like comparing apples to oranges.
    If anything, WoW's age would put it at a disadvantage with regards to % of players idling in the main city because it has more long time players who have "been there, done that". The point was to compare the % of max levels idling in the main city, not some kind of numeric comparison of populations.

Ontopic: If LFD is implemented, that would be even less people on fleet and more complaining that the fleet is 'under populated' which somehow directly correlates to server population.
    OK, I see by this sentence that you do agree with those in favor of a LFD who suggest it would allow more people to leave the fleet instead of being chained to chat as is the case currently.

---------- Post added 2012-03-28 at 02:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by soulcrusher View Post
    the bit you're missing is that grouping with people like you with your attitude, isn't fun for the rest of us. That's why people don't want a LFG tool as well end up grouping with antisocial Pia people like you.
    A LFD would put impatient people like VincentWolf into the dungeon automatically and you can find groups manually with other like-minded people who enjoy the manual group formation. Sounds like a win-win all around.
    Last edited by SamR; 2012-03-28 at 09:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    True samr, fair point. Alternatively though I like playing a game that doesn't cater for people like Vincent and hope he heads off to ruin a community somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    I don't understand the need for a dungeon finder. Seriously. Everything you essentially need is on fleet minus one or two things. Therefore, you will be spending the majority of your time on fleet looking for a group if a group is what you need. So if someone wants to group up with someone, they are on the fleet meeting someone. That is how you meet new people, make new friends, join a new guild, etc. A Dungeon Finder is just a button press and you sit there waiting for it to give you a group- you join said group and just go through the instance without talking to anyone or any interaction at all. I don't like the idea of a Dungeon Finder being implemented.

Sure I liked the quick way to get to an instance without having to spend 10 minutes flying there... but since everything is on fleet in TOR, there is no other need.
    You meet new people by playing with them, not by trying to find them. They don't meet at some rendezvous place in the fleet, they meet at the entrance or inside the flashpoint. It isn't about a quick way to get to the dungeon, is about not waiting around to play but actually playing the game. It is a game, not a chatroom. I don't come on to sit spamming chat for 15 - 30 min trying to find a full group before playing, I log on to play.

Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    Hey, we can do a fun test. Pick a middle of the road SWTOR server and a middle of the road WoW server. Check how many max levels are in the main city(fleet in SWTOR's case) versus how many max levels are in other zones/dungeons/raids and compare.

I can check the WoW side if someone wants to check the SWTOR side.
    Don't forget to divide the wow side by 5, as the last numbers indicate it had 5 times the player base. So a middle of the road wow server will already have more people on it. Besides, if you're already IN a dungeon/raid/etc then why would you be waiting for a group? Unless people bailed.

A LFD would put impatient people like VincentWolf into the dungeon automatically and you can find groups manually with other like-minded people who enjoy the manual group formation. Sounds like a win-win all around.
    Impatient? You mean people that can't spend hours upon hours of their day on a video game? You mean people that get their social needs taken care of in the real world and log onto a video game to play it?

Except the problem is if people don't use it, the queues will be forever, so they will complain, so BW will have to add an insentive to use it, so people will have to use it, then we will be stuck with him.

Don't forget to divide the wow side by 5, as the last numbers indicate it had 5 times the player base. So a middle of the road wow server will already have more people on it. Besides, if you're already IN a dungeon/raid/etc then why would you be waiting for a group? Unless people bailed.
    I'm talking merely in terms of percentages. Number of max level players idling in main city / Number of max level players online. Dividing the numerator and denominator by 5 doesn't change the %. :P

The purpose of which is to prove or disprove the argument that LFD would result fewer people sitting in the main city spamming chat.

I had it happen to me once. Just once. The guy stole my quest item, so in the next part when I saw him I stole his item. He whispered me and called me names and I told him he did it to me so we were even. He said fine, he was going to follow me and steal every item, which was funny cause I was done anyway and on a kill quest. He got mad at that and started to pull everything in the area to kill me, but I never damaged it so after it all killed him it reset. After he did this twice more he got the point and left.

I later saw him in trade trying to form a group and people chewed him out for being an asshat. Saw him once more in a huttball, then never saw him again after that.

That's the server community people talk about. He was a tard, so he couldn't find a group because nobody wanted to group with him. With dungeon finder, he would of been free to keep grouping with random people and being a tard to them with no penalty. I often wonder how many people come on to forums and complain about not being able to find a group are like these people. Some who have posted already I have no doubt are these people. I'm not naming fingers and pointing names, but I'm sure other people are thinking the same.
    That, that, and a million times that. That's the reason I don't want cross server LF-anything. Keep it in server, please. Do NOT destroy the community. Force people to be reasonably nice to one another. Weed the terrible assholes out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had it happen to me once. Just once. The guy stole my quest item, so in the next part when I saw him I stole his item. He whispered me and called me names and I told him he did it to me so we were even. He said fine, he was going to follow me and steal every item, which was funny cause I was done anyway and on a kill quest. He got mad at that and started to pull everything in the area to kill me, but I never damaged it so after it all killed him it reset. After he did this twice more he got the point and left.

I later saw him in trade trying to form a group and people chewed him out for being an asshat. Saw him once more in a huttball, then never saw him again after that.

That's the server community people talk about. He was a tard, so he couldn't find a group because nobody wanted to group with him. With dungeon finder, he would of been free to keep grouping with random people and being a tard to them with no penalty. I often wonder how many people come on to forums and complain about not being able to find a group are like these people. Some who have posted already I have no doubt are these people. I'm not naming fingers and pointing names, but I'm sure other people are thinking the same.
    Exactly this. For all the Vincent's and everyone else out there who poil it for everyone else.

Deleted
    I find it odd that people blame the lfg tool for the drop in standards between players. Long before lfg players could have the worst rep imaginable and then just pay a few £/$ and get a char name change and instantly start afresh. BW have already stated they will, at some point, implement name-change services but no-one seems to care - instead focusing their anger at a tool that millions of players find incredibly helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannaya View Post
    I find it odd that people blame the lfg tool for the drop in standards between players. Long before lfg players could have the worst rep imaginable and then just pay a few £/$ and get a char name change and instantly start afresh. BW have already stated they will, at some point, implement name-change services but no-one seems to care - instead focusing their anger at a tool that millions of players find incredibly helpful.
    Because even with a name change, they will still do the same thing once or twice, then have to change names again, rinse and repeat. It costs them money everytime they do it so eventually it would be more expensive then it is worth. With some people that would only be once, if even that. With lfg, there is no penalty at all.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tannaya View Post
    It was never, ever hard to track down people who changed names. Those who tried to do so and avoid their reputation rarely ever escaped their status as pariahs.

Because even with a name change, they will still do the same thing once or twice, then have to change names again, rinse and repeat. It costs them money everytime they do it so eventually it would be more expensive then it is worth. With some people that would only be once, if even that. With lfg, there is no penalty at all.
    Not to mention that BW might have a long time based CD instead of monetary limiter for all we know, or both.

10+ Year Old Account
    The community would not be destroyed bt a LFG tool. First, it would be server side, so an annoying player would come from your server so it would build him a bad reputation.

He would probably be kicked out of groups if he is mean to other players. Or even be ignored and not be taken in your group.

LFG doesn't make the community bad, lack of unity does. And lack of unity generally comes with cross-server mixology.

If your server is so shallow that a LFD tool would "ruin" your community.. Then you need to find a new server.