Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by varren View Post
    Whether you like it or hate it LFD is starting to become a standard part of MMOs that people expect to be in at the start. No point in fighting against it.
    No offense, but that's like saying whether you like him or not Obama is the president of the U.S. so there is no point in fighting him. Things won't change unless people fight for it to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Koalachan View Post
    I think the simple fact that so many people are arguing about dungeon finder should prove that it is not a "basic" feature.

And wtf is Secret World? Never even heard of that.
    Also when few if any mmos ship with it launch...

Quote Originally Posted by varren View Post
    Whether you like it or hate it LFD is starting to become a standard part of MMOs that people expect to be in at the start. No point in fighting against it.
    I'm sure there are a fair few people who would disagree with that logic, if people didn't fight against things they don't believe in we would all be living in a world with slavery ruled by Nazi Germany, perhaps a harsh example but you get the point I hope.

No offense, but that's like saying whether you like him or not Obama is the president of the U.S. so there is no point in fighting him. Things won't change unless people fight for it to change.
    What good, if I may ask, actually comes from not having an easy to use Dungeon Finder tool in an MMO of this generation? I'd much rather simply press a button and go off and do my dailies, instead of having to sit in town spamming general for at least 30 minutes until I can get a group together. I understand in WoW people felt it diminished the impact of having a characteristic server community, but since in SW:TOR it's supposedly going to be server locked/restricted, I don't see any upside to not having it in the game. Even in WoW I think it's pretty much a necessary feature at this point that at least 70% of the community welcome and use with pleasure and no regrets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    'Hardcore' raiders remind me of my two-year-old. "Yes, I put it down and I'm not playing with it anymore, but YOU CAN'T TOUCH IT MINE MINE MINE MINE!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bale View Post
    Bad move by Bioware in my opinion. This has caused a lot of problems for WoW, you would think they would learn from that. Restricting it to server only is just going to make the wait longer for all 3 roles, opposed to just DPS.
    The benefits far outweigh the cons, imo.

It's up to developers to create a way to foster realm communities without it being detrimental to convenience.

Personally, in 1.3 I'd like to see a server only dungeon finder. Possibly with the option to select heroic quests (with teleport) would also be really neat. I'd also like to see free character migrations, even if just to help out the low pop realms.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexter2k5 View Post
    It makes no difference. Ever played WoW and queued as DPS in the LFD? That takes an hour. In TBC, I could get a working group together for Heroic Steam Vaults within 20 minutes give or take as DPS. I'm fine with the LFD for lower levels, in fact, I think for lower level dungeons in WoW it should be encouraged. But once you reach the cap you should have to learn how to make a group manually and have to fly to the actual instance. A world without LFD is a more alive world, anyone who experienced the full berth of TBC compared to Wrath will attest to this.
    It's the individual player's choice to roll as DPS in a group. DPS will always be the easiest role to fill and therefor have the longest wait.

Someone tell me if I'm wrong but aren't all FPs accessed from the fleet? I'd think the world will benefit from a dungeon finder as people will be able to get dailies and other activities done while being in a queue rather than sitting on the fleet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ateup View Post
    It's the individual player's choice to roll as DPS in a group. DPS will always be the easiest role to fill and therefor have the longest wait.

Someone tell me if I'm wrong but aren't all FPs accessed from the fleet? I'd think the world will benefit from a dungeon finder as people will be able to get dailies and other activities done while being in a queue rather than sitting on the fleet.
    While it is a person's choice on what role to play, it is mostly the dps that are wanting a dungeon finder due to being unable to find tanks and healers. Following that line of thought, if more of them just rolled tanks or healers there wouldn't be a problem.

Personally, I would like to see server mergers before anything else happens. I think we all pretty much agree that there were too many servers at launch. It looked good on paper, but when they both raised the server cap AND added more servers is where I think they made the biggest mistake.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ateup View Post
    There is one thing that I feel the game is really lacking right now and that's a dungeon finding tool. It's my understanding that the devs want to add this feature but it's not being included in the next major patch. Is this because it's just not ready yet? Or is it because they feel the game is still too young?

I know there are many people like me that are just waiting on a dungeon finder. Can we expect this in 1.3?
    In wow there wasn't dungeon finder like in mid wrath so I do not understand why people complain so much about it.

My best time in wow was before dungeon finder was released, I remember sometimes in tbc we could spend 90 minutes for searching for a group.

Can you just join a larger guild instead of complaining all the time about it.

TBC was awful. It was a series of broken paragdym's that were not casual friendly, and made for a restrictive environment. I was at the top of the TBC game, I did server first Prince, server second Gruul etc... etc...

Then I decided to level an alt, since the guild required warlocks over rogues.

Big mistake, I ended having to regrind all my reputations, re-attune for everything and repeat the gearing (including rep for the tailoring patterns) on a second char.

This was not fun, it was a job. Needless to say, I quit until Wrath came out.

I am asked to play DPS in raids and since I am busy sitting in the fleet looking for a DPS spot for a HM, I can't go out do my dailies. Doing my dailies would make me afford the cost of respec's (right now I am paying for repairs and stims), that would allow me to get a group faster as a tank.
    They don't have dual spec (wow and rift have it) and they don't have dungeon finder (wow and rift have it). This means they don't have the features I want in an MMO.

the solutions I have read to this:
    Quit your guild and join a more active guild.
    I have been with my friends for WoW and now SWTOR, I am not going to quit my guild of friends just because the game can't ship with baseline features.
    Make more friends or reroll to a more active server:
    I live on the west coast in an east coast server, my peak hours means the fleet has... 40 republic players. See answer 1.

This isn't about LFG vs no LFG, this is about Bioware needing to cater to it's player base if it wants to keep them. I am sorry to say, but unless the dev's step it up they will lose their non-hardcore fan base. More player want LFG then not LFG, otherwise they wouldn't be putting it in. Same with dual spec, but we haven't even heard anything for that.

I'm worried this will end this game, before it really got started. The people that disagree are either on hugely populated servers or have some blinders on. But, most servers no one gives a dam about running any HM FPs - and while leveling it is completely a luck based scenerio on whether you find others to do heroic 4s with. Luck meaning other people are also leveling where you are and need those same quests and they actually give 2 shits. I have many friends who love swtor - but all have become fustrated with looking for a group at the main imp fleet for an hour and not getting one.

10+ Year Old Account
    While it is a person's choice on what role to play, it is mostly the dps that are wanting a dungeon finder due to being unable to find tanks and healers. Following that line of thought, if more of them just rolled tanks or healers there wouldn't be a problem.

Personally, I would like to see server mergers before anything else happens. I think we all pretty much agree that there were too many servers at launch. It looked good on paper, but when they both raised the server cap AND added more servers is where I think they made the biggest mistake.
    It would be a problem though, people enjoy playing as a dps. They should suffer since because they are dps it is harder to find groups, no one should suffer from paying to play a game and playing what they enjoy the most and that goes for any game. I think an LFD would be perfect for the game, you need to cater to your customers and from there cater to the needs of the MAJORITY. They want to make money, so if it involves making a game EASIER then that is what you do. If it means taking away from the "alive" feeling of the game or any other aspect of the game you do it. They should do whatever is needed to maintain most of their subscribers which for every game seem to be casual players (not bad players) who only have so much time a day to play and would probably prefer to not have to spend change servers or wait in a fleet trying to get a group.

Quote Originally Posted by Seweryn View Post
    My best time in wow was before dungeon finder was released, I remember sometimes in tbc we could spend 90 minutes for searching for a group.
    What the fuck did I just read?

Your best time playing the game was spending time _not_ playing the game? I like your line of thought sir, it is both coherant and logical.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Closing this thread because it has run its course and strayed off topic. At this point, we know a dungeon finder is planned an coming to TOR eventually.