Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mirthen View Post
    So yeah, most likely doing some internal testing of the 5.0 patch, maybe getting ready to push it to PTR in the next week or 2(maybe longer). A good bit early i agree, but still possible. Also likely could be a small PTR patch testing before 5.0 patch. I wouldnt get hopes up on these realms being beta realms though.
    Unless the expansion is coming out sooner than we think.
    Vanilla WoW was a diamond in the rough. Burning Crusade cleared the rough away and polished that diamond up. During Lich King, that diamond cracked from being over polished and in Cataclysm that diamond was replaced with a cubic zirconia.

It's like I'm in an abusive relationship. I keep coming back but I keep getting hurt. WHEN WILL I LEARN!

Possibility of new beta servers? Maybe tonight? WELP thanks you guys looks like I'm not sleeping...again

My guess is they will only let annual pass people test the pre-launch 5.0 patch and say they fulfilled their contractual obligation.

Quote Originally Posted by stgeorge78 View Post
    My guess is they will only let annual pass people test the pre-launch 5.0 patch and say they fulfilled their contractual obligation.
    I would be so pissed... However, I don't think they will. That isn't really beta, it's just PTR content. We were guaranteed eventual beta access, not exclusive PTR access

After reflecting on it for a few minutes, i think it is possible in blizzards little corner of the world, that these could infact become beta test servers. Few things to think about for this...

1) Blizzard knows a good portion of the AP users are a little 'upset' about not being in beta yet.
    2) They always want to please the 'masses'
    3) Only way to get that many people into the beta, or a large portion of them, is to add more servers.
    4) Best servers to use for testing? the ones that are already used for testing.

So they push the beta on to the current running PTR servers. Then merge those into the beta fully, adding 5 more servers total spread out across eu/us/kr. Later on of course they will need servers for the real PTR of 5.0 before its launched. So while they have put some rest to the mob with pitchforks out side blizz headquarters(or at least on the forums) they can work on putting up new PTR servers.

---------- Post added 2012-03-28 at 04:34 AM ----------

Of course, the PTR client says 4.3.4.15499. The current live wow version is 4.3.3.15354. So must be just some small bug fix/balance patch going onto the PTR, likely see a blue post about it some time soon, maybe... who knows. Perhaps aliens have landed and are taking over the world... of warcraft.
    ^^Everything said above is purely the opinion of the person who posted it. Nothing said is to be taken as fact unless otherwise stated, and even then only taken into consideration as fact, and not an actual fact, as it could be wrong or in other ways misinformed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would be VERY surprised if there wasn't another wave of invites in the next day or two. From all accounts, the number of people in the beta right now is pretty small. If they want to fulfill their contractual obligation to AP holders in a timely manner, I'd expect they'd have to do waves at least twice as large as the first on a bi-weekly basis. It's already been what, 6 days since first invites? Yea, they need to hurry up.

Of course, this could just be my brain rationalizing because I'm impatient. Either/or.

Blackwing Heroine BlackwingHecate's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Is it possible that they're new servers, they just...I don't know, copied the connection data for the PTR server, and just haven't changed it to the new names and such. *doesn't know much about servers.*
    Nostalgia is the hollow remnants of memories long gone.

-Kaito Kumon (Kamen Rider Baron)

It's strange to me that they've allowed so much time to pass between waves. There are more people getting into this beta than ever before, Blizzard is well aware of that and they want to get everyone in ASAP to fulfill their obligation and to get good feedback. However, they've gone essentially a week with an incredibly small beta population. I'm thinking they either wanted a very concise focused test for the starting zone before they opened the floodgates, or they've been using this week to appease the minimum of our beta needs while they prepare extra servers (PTR servers?) for the mass amounts of people.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am waiting for the rage when people realize blizz isn't spending the money on servers to accommodate all the AP people at the same time. Enjoy your limited time beta access everyone. It was what you agreed to in the AP. **Subject to change at any time**

10+ Year Old Account
    im getting the same screen here

Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    I am waiting for the rage when people realize blizz isn't spending the money on servers to accommodate all the AP people at the same time. Enjoy your limited time beta access everyone. It was what you agreed to in the AP. **Subject to change at any time**
    i highly dont think they would so that to us that would not be good for busness

Moving my downloaded client to my hard drive, and gonna see if i get anything

I get the same screen too, yet when I try to log my fiance in to see what she gets (She is an AP holder too) I get a error message saying she may not have a WoW game attached to her account.

I just get the same message that you all are seeing, being the PTR list of servers and not being able to connect, stuck on "Connecting"

And you won't.. at least not for now. Those are indeed the PTR servers brought up... it may be possible that they intend on makign them beta servers as well.. but not likely.. If your Wow game page shows a Cataclysm PTR, you get theis server page

Quote Originally Posted by Pyreo View Post
    It's like I'm in an abusive relationship. I keep coming back but I keep getting hurt. WHEN WILL I LEARN!
    hahahahahahahahahhahhaha thanks for the laugh

Ah man same here. i got all excited and i tried every server.. but they never loaded =(

the new talents will get tested on the normal ptr just because beta is up don't mean normal ptr is over you are seeing just a nomal any one can enter PTR set up it has nothing to do with the beta.

If you guys check the PTR forums, the post about the 64-Bit client was edited tonight and mentions PTR 4.3.4 so... looks like no beta servers yet