Diablo 2 coming with CE

I pre-ordered the CE from amazon and I was curious if anyone knew if you would be able to give the copy of d2 that comes with it to a friend. I already have D2 and its already on my Bnet account. Doubt anyone knows for sure, but I'm just worried that my D3 key might be tied to the copy of D2 that comes with it.

I don't see why you won't be able to. It would have to come with a CD key, which you could give to someone else and they could then tie it to their battle net account. I can't imagine why they would tie the D3 CE to the d2 copy you get.

Not sure how Blizzard does it, but free games on Steam get added to your account and thus your key is linked to that account. On steam, you can give games to friends, but I'm not sure whether Blizzard offers those same options, so you might be looking at two copies of DII on your account without being able to transfer these.

On the other hand, the extra DII comes on USB, so it's likely that the key is a retail key in the set, which means you will be able to share it.

If I were you, I'd ask for clarification on the official forums, just to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Not sure how Blizzard does it, but free games on Steam get added to your account and thus your key is linked to that account. On steam, you can give games to friends, but I'm not sure whether Blizzard offers those same options, so you might be looking at two copies of DII on your account without being able to transfer these.

On the other hand, the extra DII comes on USB, so it's likely that the key is a retail key in the set, which means you will be able to share it.

If I were you, I'd ask for clarification on the official forums, just to be sure.
    If I had an active wow account I would, but no active account means no access to official forums :\

When I purchased the CE for SCII it came with a flash drive with the first to releases on it as well. It will give you a option when the game is installed as to what account you want to tie it to or it did for Starcraft at least.