Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    GT 1450RPM fans are great overall...practically the best in CFM/dBA. I find mine to be exceptionally quiet at 550RPM, 950RPM, and above 1100RPM. Sometimes in between those values the GTs can have a slightly weird tonal quality, but they are still amazingly quiet. The 1450RPM model is perfect for undervolting as it has a starting voltage of <4V.

Scythe Kama Flow 2s are also good.

Deleted
    Alright so I've decided to go with the Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1450RPM x2 for the H100.

Now I need to choose how to mount all the fans in my case.

I'm going with a different case which has 2 120mm fans in the front, 2 140mm fans on the sidepanel, 2 120mm fans on top, and 1 120mm on the back.

Would it be a good idea to make every fan ( except the one 120mm at the back ) intake?
    This will mean the two 120mm fans on top will pull fresh air through my H100 instead of exchausting the hot air.

Or should I set the 120mm fan at the back to intake as well, and the two 120mm fans on top to exhaust?
    Although I'm not sure if exchausting ALL the hot air in my case through the H100 is a good idea... :P

Deleted
    So, can anyone tell me which fan position is probably best?

10+ Year Old Account
    depends, pull lets you dust the radiator easier, push has better performance and compatibility with some fans, push-pull takes up a lot of space, and is hard to clean, but has the best performance, especially when dealing with high fin density radiators

what it comes down to is personal choice, as long as you have a good radiator fan, then the difference between the setups will only be 1-2 degrees

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    depends, pull lets you dust the radiator easier, push has better performance and compatibility with some fans, push-pull takes up a lot of space, and is hard to clean, but has the best performance, especially when dealing with high fin density radiators

what it comes down to is personal choice, as long as you have a good radiator fan, then the difference between the setups will only be 1-2 degrees
    Hm.

Well I won't be going push-pull, so I'd only have to choose between either push or pull.
    With " push has better performance and compatibility with some fans ", which fans do you mean?

Will the Scythe Gently Typhoons be ideal for push then?

I have the H100 mounted in the 500R case and I love it. I have it in a push configuration exhausting air out of the top of the case. The 2 120s in the front are intake and the side is also intake. The rear 120 is exhaust. I have overclocked my 2500K to 4.68 and all 4 cores stay below 70C at full load. great cooler and looks pretty damn cool, too.
    Last edited by Eschbach; 2012-04-15 at 02:48 PM.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I would only ever use GTs in push because I found they hum weirdly in pull.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of people do this. :P Typical H100 (or the like) and then normal GPUs...
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's a bit backward though since the average GPU sucks down twice the power of a CPU and therefore outputs twice as much heat. It's a lot easier to quietly cool a CPU with a large heatsink than a GPU...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    I would only ever use GTs in push because I found they hum weirdly in pull.
    Alright thanks, I will try them in Push configuration then