Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Man, you're really not thinking about this at all. if you're not able to see the big picture yourself. try to look on some vids or something...

Quote Originally Posted by Galadhrim View Post
    I can understand your anger at players who won't put much effort in and get the same rewards as you.

Although from your post you seem to have a realy elitist attitude, with a tendancy to show off.

Your not one of the people who sits their character afk into a highly populated area to let people stair while you watch them viewing you?

My experiance with players like that is they tend to not be fun to play with and make a fuss when it doesn't go their way.

Have a good day.

You have 13 days to decide whether you want to be in the beta, i guess players who are in the beta have the biggest chance in promoting game changes....since they are playing it.
    thanks i have decided. and no, i'm doing random pvp when i have nothing to do in pve. afking in crowded zones is pointless to me, but yes i like to show off to friends and to myself.

Quote Originally Posted by agracul View Post
    you can't buy heroic 25 deathwing armor with gold, not matter how much you wanted. in GW2 you can buy any armor skin with cash shop.
    Is it really ANY armor skin? Aren't those from the shop unique?

Anyway, the armor from GW2 cash shop is to my knowledge for looks only...no stats. Compare it to having a barbie doll and making her clothes yourself, or buying them from a shop. However in this case it's pixels and everyone will know they're from a shop, they won't have anything more special about them than that.

PS. You already have tons of people in WoW paying real cash "under the table" for boosts, for titles and mounts...does it really affect you?
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2012-03-28 at 11:43 AM.

Deleted
    OMG people in WoW are like... able to buy a dragon and I need to spend 800g...

Those items are for players who are leveling another alt / are casual. I wouldn't bother any bit to buy something that grants me extra XP. Oh well, people will keep whining about stuff, doesn't matter how small it is.

I was just about to say - whilst I appreciate everyone has a right to their own opinion, it would appear to me that the OP has made a decision before ArenaNet have made a decision as to exactly what's going to be in the cash shop.

TB pointed out in a recent commentary (not on YouTube, this was an MP3 download linked in another thread, and I hope transferred to the Mass Info sticky), that whilst the Cash Shop was in the recent Beta (and was posted over at GW2Guru possibly among other places), ArenaNet made it quite clear, with a special note in the Press NDA, that they hadn't even decided what was going to be in the cash shop themselves yet, and as such, no Press could talk about the Cash Shop at all.

This gives me the impression that whilst the shop may have been there, the items in it weren't final. Add to that the fact that an XP boost is largely pointless (last I heard, there was no reason to rush to 80), and many other boosts that might be there now are also largely of limited, if any benefit.

A word I might add here to the OP - your gold balance in a game doesn't make you "elite". Your character's look in a game doesn't make you "elite". It's the way you carry yourself, who you mingle with, and who you decide to help, and form friendships with that make you elite... in the eyes of your friends, anyway. PS for even more bad news - no-one will know your gold balance, very few will care, and even less will likely believe you about it anyway.

However, if the OP decides to walk away from the game based on a single beta which is subject to change, then that's their decision and they're entitled to it. Premature? Perhaps, but not for us to decide for them.

you can't buy heroic 25 deathwing armor with gold
    Actually, with enough gold, I'm sure one could pay a guild to carry one's toon through the content, it's happened before, and will continue to happen again.
    Last edited by Midnight Man; 2012-03-28 at 11:37 AM.

You are saying that you like to farm the auction house in WoW but you dont want to do it in GW2 because everyone can buy everything for $. What's the difference between buying gold in WoW and buying gold in GW2? If you like to farm the auction house then you can farm the market in GW2 and buy everything you want from the cash shop that way.

People clearly dont know what Pay 2 win is. P2W is when you offer items that are exclusive to people that pay real life money and that makes your characters stronger then other characters.

Nothing in the cash shop makes you stronger then other characters and nothing is limited to real life money. Everything can be farmed and bought inside the game.

Its all fine that you wont play the game. But dont try and spread misinformation so others will take your side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stfouri View Post
    He has a point tought, dont start bashing him.
    I understand it hurts when someone points out something awful in your favorite game, but leaving the whole cash shop out of the game would make it just so much better game.

;>
    No point at all, actually, because this game is absolutely not pay to win.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I think that you should perhaps try a demo eventually of the game, don't write it off completely before trying and seeing how these things affect other players that will not buy them. I have never felt inferior in WoW to someone that's bought powerleveling (I know a few that have), that new scroll of resurrection or RAF...Why? Because I play the game in areas where you reap the best rewards, and that is not the cash shop.
    thanks for support. you're right, except for leveling in wow doesn't give you one of the most elitist titles in gw1 (speaking Guild Wars1 - reach 100 level without dying once, which was really hard pre nerfs)

Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    You can buy gold in WoW and it's easy to bot millions without doing anything, doesnt make you "elite" no matter how much gold you have.
    This, "pay to win" to me is something that makes you better in PvP or PvE, who cares about levelling speed or res scrolls.?

Deleted
    Are u really sure , GW2 gear obtain in game or the cash shop are the same in look ?
    Are u able to find the newer golden dragon or the specrtal chimera , ingame of WoW ?

Edit; i dont enjoy myself seeing 25k gold items at AH
    Last edited by mmocd9c65c8d53; 2012-03-28 at 11:42 AM.

Deleted
    you can't buy heroic 25 deathwing armor with gold, not matter how much you wanted. in GW2 you can buy any armor skin with cash shop.
    You can pay a guild to boost you. It's been done. And the cash shop is not final yet. That's why there's an NDA on it, so people like you don't go on the forums flaming about shit that isn't confirmed.
    Last edited by mmoc9eb0d33af1; 2012-03-28 at 11:36 AM.

Deleted
    Why the F do you think Arena Net put's any Beta tester under strict NDA about the Cash Shop?

Because they have NOT decided what exacly to put in it.

I'm going to Play GW2 for fun. Hell i don't care if someone can get some specific items faster than me because they have more money. There are no mounts to spend gold on in GW2 and alot of the things in the Cash shop will be obtainable by other means than Cash.

And no, the Scroll of res is probably only going to work once during a boss fight. And from what i have seen of the Explorable mode, you will die alot more than once.

argument goes tho shop may have nothing now but in the future is another story ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Ready for this? you ready?!?!?...http://www.intent-kt.com/viewtopic.p...4033595d455efb BOOM!
    more in depth http://www.intent-kt.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4708

btw I can't be bothered ready reddit crap...either someone link exactly whats in cash shop or i'll wait for an official post.
    Last edited by Shadzta; 2012-03-28 at 11:42 AM.

Yes, yes you can..

You know how? Carried. They sell such runs on my server. Nice try though.

On topic:

I would love to see the actual buffs ingame, not just in the store. I'm rather scared of the xp buff and such But I will see how it evolves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stopped reading at "I was controversial." Helps to know what a word means before using it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Source?

Because no. You can't.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    There is nothing you can buy with cash to become overpowered over other players. You will be able to buy gems with cash, and sell gems to other players, as in, players who don't want to spend cash can get gems anyway.

Yet we don't know how expensive or cheap the gems will be. And everything you can earn in the game with gems can be earn with gold as well. This is also a good gold sink to be able to trade gold for gems, and gems for gold.

I really don't see the problem here, since nothing will destroy your gaming experience.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Why do people go to reddit? It is just as bad as Guru.... anyway it's best not to reason with ignorance. By OP

/wave

ok now we need pandas

Yea armor skins, and we don't even know if those armor skins will be related to max level armor visuals.

Don't start spouting crap, just leave already if you are done with this game.
    I think your post shows a lot of ignorance, which is regrettable.

There is a lot of good information on reddit if you look for it. A lot of rubbish too but this is to be expected with open access.

The OP makes a valid point. It's his opinion and he is entitled to it. You could approach your replies with a little more humility and be less rude. People might take you a little more seriously as a result.

First, im not playing GW1 or will be playing GW2, dont like it

Second, the guy on the video is right: dont complain in the betaphase, just do it when the game is finished

But I think that such a system can destroy much and i dont think that they will implent a cash system where you can buy the best gear for money cause this will be only working in the beginning but when the time goes by the community will die.

Comments like "So you play these games to boost your own status?" ...dont mind it @OP.
    We all play MMOs to boost something even if we say we play it for fun...only 0.0001% of the player base plays a MMO for fun and then he will stop when he saw all of the game (like SWTOR, the story mode is actually funny if you play it like a singleplayer game).

But its funny at all. There are actually no flames against this system. But if GW2 were launched now without this cash shit and they would implent this system afterwards after a month there would be 100millions of threads complaining about this feature with "i raid hard for my items and the applehipstershitkids just buy it, wtf is wrong with this developers"

But as I said: Wait till its finished, beta means lots of shitnews
    Im sorry for my bad english :P