1. #1

    Is crafting skills worth it?

    With the future of having 3 crew skills (only 1 crafting) is it worth it to have 1 crafting, 1 gather and 1 mission skills? (in term of early game, end game and money making)

    or is it better to go with 2 gather + 1 mission / 1 gather + 2 mission or maybe 3 gather skills?

    I mean if I have gather / mission skills I could just get someone to make items? or is many items BoP? read about mount going BoE so thats nice

    So im asking whats the benefits with crafting skills over gather/mission
    Asus Sabertooth 990FX 2.0 | AMD FX-8320 @ 4.5GHz | Corsair H80i | 2x8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz Cl9 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB Vapor-X GHz Edition |
    XFX ProSeries XXX 850W | Fractal Design Define R4 | Samsung 840 ProSerie 256GB | 3TB HDD

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Christoffer1989 View Post
    With the future of having 3 crew skills (only 1 crafting) is it worth it to have 1 crafting, 1 gather and 1 mission skills? (in term of early game, end game and money making)

    or is it better to go with 2 gather + 1 mission / 1 gather + 2 mission or maybe 3 gather skills?

    I mean if I have gather / mission skills I could just get someone to make items? or is many items BoP? read about mount going BoE so thats nice

    So im asking whats the benefits with crafting skills over gather/mission
    You can only have 1 gathering, 1 crafting, and 1 mission.
    Lv30 (Warframe) - Volt - Boltor Prime - Lex Prime - Dragon Nikana -
    Lv40 (Firefall) - Dragonfly - Recluse - Biotech - Mammoth - Arsenal - Dreadnought - Nighthawk - Raptor - Recon - Tigerclaw - Electron -
    Lv60 (Neverwinter) - Rogue - Fighter - Wizard - Guardian - Cleric -

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by CommanderSheephard View Post
    You can only have 1 gathering, 1 crafting, and 1 mission.
    This is simply not true.

    You are limited to 1 crafting skill, but you can have any variation of mission or gathering crew skills.

  4. #4
    Pandaren Monk Shamburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Great White North
    Posts
    1,784
    Quote Originally Posted by Discobeard View Post
    This is simply not true.

    You are limited to 1 crafting skill, but you can have any variation of mission or gathering crew skills.
    This is Correct!

    Quote Originally Posted by Christoffer1989 View Post
    With the future of having 3 crew skills (only 1 crafting) is it worth it to have 1 crafting, 1 gather and 1 mission skills? (in term of early game, end game and money making)

    or is it better to go with 2 gather + 1 mission / 1 gather + 2 mission or maybe 3 gather skills?

    I mean if I have gather / mission skills I could just get someone to make items? or is many items BoP? read about mount going BoE so thats nice

    So im asking whats the benefits with crafting skills over gather/mission
    You could get all gathering Crew Skills (CS) and have people make the items for you, but the end game items aren't like other games, where it takes 30sec to craft something. Most endgame items take 40min or more to craft, so if you're OK giving someone you're mats and having them mail you the item(s) if for whatever the reason they need to log-off or d/c you can do that.

    Really though, all crafting CS' require materials from 2 gathering/mission ones to craft anything. So there really is no reason not to have 1/1/1 of each CS. Since if you had 2/3 gathering/mission ones, you'd still need to buy/trade materials to actually craft something for 1 of them... if you get what I mean.
    Last edited by Shamburger; 2012-03-28 at 01:07 PM.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Discobeard View Post
    This is simply not true.

    You are limited to 1 crafting skill, but you can have any variation of mission or gathering crew skills.

    Confirming this is correct.

    As to the original question: It depends. Either way is going to have the potential for profit. Under 1.2, any crafting skill that can produce an augmented piece of orange gear will be profitable, although take quite a bit of work to reach. On the other hand, going with all gathering/mission skills would be an easier route, although perhaps not as big a profit margin.

  6. #6
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    See Name
    Posts
    308
    I have Slice/Arch/Scavage and did it while leveling for money (fresh server) sitting on 1.5MM credits now at 42 and its rounding up time to picking a crafting getting ready for 1.2 changes.

  7. #7
    Mechagnome gualdhar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    679
    I find its better to have a useful crafting skill than try to buy everything yourself or get someone else to make things.

    Right now, a lot of endgamers are going Artifice -> Synthweaving/Armormech -> Biochem, with Cybertech possibly thrown in there somewhere, for BoE critted relics, belt/bracers and free stims. That'll hopefully change in 1.2.
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by gualdhar View Post
    I find its better to have a useful crafting skill than try to buy everything yourself or get someone else to make things.

    Right now, a lot of endgamers are going Artifice -> Synthweaving/Armormech -> Biochem, with Cybertech possibly thrown in there somewhere, for BoE critted relics, belt/bracers and free stims. That'll hopefully change in 1.2.
    Im sorry what?

    Right now Biochem >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Everything else. Even with 1.2 it will be that way.

  9. #9
    Pandaren Monk Shamburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Great White North
    Posts
    1,784
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    Im sorry what?

    Right now Biochem >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Everything else. Even with 1.2 it will be that way.
    That "whoosh" you hear is the sound of what that gualdhar said going way over your head. He wasn't ranking the professions in order of OP-ness.

    What he stated is the order in which real min/maxers did/do their professions in order to get the best gear
    Artifice for augment rakata relics. Then,
    Synth/armor for augment rakata belt bracers. Then,
    Biochem for the reuable rakata stims/adrenals
    Last edited by Shamburger; 2012-03-28 at 06:38 PM.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    Im sorry what?

    Right now Biochem >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Everything else. Even with 1.2 it will be that way.
    I leveled up Artifice for the crit crafted Relic. I then leveled up Armormech for the crit crafted Rakata gear. Followed by leveling up Biochem for the stims. All of them are great if you're min/maxing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •