Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reckleon View Post
    ive been playing mage warlock dk and Boomkin high end raiding.
    Boomkin is easiest to master i dont know why ppl are saying * the current spec will seperate the good from the bad boomers*
    Its pure logical when to refresh dots. As arcane mage yes easiest play but hardest to master with the mana pool.
    So ye removing insect swarm will cause us les multidot thats a sad thing. Refreshing dots with wrath or starfire doesnt make the rotation allot easier at all..
    it even makes it harder to keep sunfire and moonfire up at the same time.
    You sir, are stupid

If you think of posting in a thread where there are different levels of boomkins actively trying to figure out what is happening to our beloved chickens, you don't have to go spew your random crap of elitist behaviour which you shall never master nor ever will have a proper attempt in. Take your gibberish, remove it and spew it elsewhere. Theres no need for people like you in here.

OT: So far from what I've seen, I'm indeed finding myself having an easier time in overall to get our clunky mechanics fixed. Some of the changes I liked, some I don't. But I guess this is what you get with every change to a class you have become acustomed to.
    The removal of insect swarm I can get it in the way they justified it, yet there was no need to remove it for our class. Considering it was one of our main abilities and the activeness on targets decently shows in logs and meters why some excel more than others. The only thing I am indeed lacking in our class is a proper dps cooldown. What I can see with the starfall changes is that we will have 2 proper AoE abilities which are ready to use in either eclipse. Mushrooms in solar and starfall in lunar. Yet that doesn't make up for the lack of having an extra dps boost on a target lower than said percentage hp. Boomkins have never been bad, simmed bad yes, but played right and with proper buffs/rng we can become real dps animals. This is what you notice on specific fights. fe. Still top boomkins can outplay a lower skilled boomkin by a dps difference of 15k easily. All just depends on how you manage dots, eclipses ,etc. this is the charm that for me personally has been lost a bit with the current changes. Yet nothing is final, so I'm hoping for some tweaks, yet I'm happy they happend

Not sure if this has already been posted somewhere but if it has sorry for re-posting.

Very minor change to mushrooms has been made. When dropping mushrooms now you only have to press Wild Mushroom once and then just simply click 3 times on the ground. It's still a GCD (or half a GCD or something) but its certainly a little "less clunky". So instead of "Wild mushroom keybind -> click -> wild mushroom keybind -> click -> Wild mushroom keybind -> click -> Detonate. It's: Wild mushroom keybind -> click -> click -> click ->detonate....if that makes sense lol.

Deleted
    Lovely quality of life change that one!

But Boomkin isn't hard to play...

---------- Post added 2012-04-12 at 04:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Skyepic View Post
    Not sure if this has already been posted somewhere but if it has sorry for re-posting.

Very minor change to mushrooms has been made. When dropping mushrooms now you only have to press Wild Mushroom once and then just simply click 3 times on the ground. It's still a GCD (or half a GCD or something) but its certainly a little "less clunky". So instead of "Wild mushroom keybind -> click -> wild mushroom keybind -> click -> Wild mushroom keybind -> click -> Detonate. It's: Wild mushroom keybind -> click -> click -> click ->detonate....if that makes sense lol.
    All they need to do to Wild Mushrooms is make it like a Living Bomb that puts a Mushroom on a target that grows and then explodes. Lower the damage/healing to make up for the ease of use.

As it is, Wild Mushrooms is a great spell, but it's boring to use, and like you said "clunky". Not to mention you can completely waste 3 globals if your tank moves or something, which is just annoying.

Deleted
    Imo they should buff the damage of wild mushrooms in non-aoe situations, so say they do their damage split by the number of targets (to some extent).

For 3 GCDs I'd like to be able to do some damage to someone in PvP

Quote Originally Posted by timbaLt View Post
    But Boomkin isn't hard to play...
    Neither is the violin, when you've practiced enough

Quote Originally Posted by timbaLt View Post
    All they need to do to Wild Mushrooms is make it like a Living Bomb that puts a Mushroom on a target that grows and then explodes. Lower the damage/healing to make up for the ease of use.

As it is, Wild Mushrooms is a great spell, but it's boring to use, and like you said "clunky". Not to mention you can completely waste 3 globals if your tank moves or something, which is just annoying.
    I'd have to disagree with this. There's too much utility in having a land-mine style attack. I'd much rather be able to drop mushrooms where the bloods are going to arrive on Madness, for instance, so that I immediately nuke them upon arrival than having something like living bomb, which may or may not even have the time to explode if the adds aren't up long enough. Granted, it would be a dps increase for longer lived adds and take less thought, but, I really like having a style of attack which is almost unique in the game. One of the reasons I really love boomy is the unique play style

Deleted
    Difficulty is definately getting dumbed down. I'm not saying that it's a brain surgery right now, but it has it's tricks and quirks that makes me love my boomie more than any other char. I can only hope that playing it in MoP will still be fun and there will be ways to improve your rotation, having both "good" and "great" moonkins.