Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I got the ZM-MIC1 myself and I simply have it attached to my keyboard cord (or rather my mouse cord, that is connected to my keyboard). It does pick up the sound of the mechanical keys, but my friends assures me that it isn't an issue unless it gets hectic in games (like me playing Armadon in HoN...). I picked mine up for 45 SEK, and for that price it is absolutely amazing.

It's worse than my "studio" USB microphone (which is essentially a Logitech microphone in disguise), it's way worse than the microphone in my webcam (Creative Live! Socialize 1080p), and about on-par with the G330 headset microphone (this one is better due to it being located directly in front of your mouth, but the sound is at the same time worse).

I would also recommend a 120hz, because I love it. But beware, a single 680 won't push 120 FPS in BF3 @ Ultra so bear that in mind.
    I am using the Asus VG236H and it's wonderful, the only issue that it reflects like a mirror. ( Not joking ), unless you like to look at yourself when there's a black screen I would consider getting a different 120hz monitor.
    Playing since 2007.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    I got the ZM-MIC1 myself and I simply have it attached to my keyboard cord (or rather my mouse cord, that is connected to my keyboard). It does pick up the sound of the mechanical keys, but my friends assures me that it isn't an issue unless it gets hectic in games (like me playing Armadon in HoN...). I picked mine up for 45 SEK, and for that price it is absolutely amazing.
    It's only because it is a mechanical keyboard.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Thought I'd show you guys which I decided to go with, still thinking about the mic, but I'll probably end up going with a table-top.

I went to Best Buy and tested the Logitech G400/500 against the G9X (a friend has one), and decided I liked the G9X with the optional wide-grip better than either the 400 or 500.

Still haven't got a chance to test a mechanical keyboard, no one around here sells them, but I think I'll like the K60 just fine.

I also decided to go with the Dell U2412M, picture quality and color vividness is more important to me than speed.

Didn't really get a lot of input on the mouse pad, but the one I selected there has good reviews, and it is a soft mouse pad (which is what I prefer).

The DisplayPort cable is pretty self-explanatory.

The two Zalman fans are going to be push fans on my H100, then I've got two Zalman ZM - F3s for pull fans.

The headphones are a more affordable little brother to the AD700s, I don't use a headset very often, and was having a difficult time justifying a pair of $100 headphones, $80 feels much better.

Edit: I've not ordered any of this, so if anyone has comments/suggestions, feel free to say so. =)
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2012-04-04 at 01:38 PM.

1. Get Asus VG278H 27'' 3D Monitor if u use nvidia card or get Samsung s27a950d 27'' 3D Monitor if u use amd card .
    2. Razer Mamba is the best mouse in my opinion if u dont want to spend too much cost get razer deathadder
    3. Razer blackwidow ultimate is gr8 mechanincal and backlight kb . God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Gohan View Post
    1. Get Asus VG278H 27'' 3D Monitor if u use nvidia card or get Samsung s27a950d 27'' 3D Monitor if u use amd card .
    No, I don't want a 27" monitor, nor do I want a 120Hz monitor, nor do I want a 3D monitor (3D gaming is a gimmick at best). Like I said, I value picture quality and color vividness over speed and bragging rights. IPS panels offer a much better picture quality than 120Hz monitors in the same price range.

2. Razer Mamba is the best mouse in my opinion if u dont want to spend too much cost get razer deathadder
    Read the OP before posting please. I specifically asked people not to recommend Razer mice because they are terrible products made with subpar materials that are poorly put together.

3. Razer blackwidow ultimate is gr8 mechanincal and backlight kb .
    Like I said above, Razer products, as a general rule, are cheap and break easily, the only reason I mentioned the Black Widow Ultimate in my OP was because it met three of my criteria, but it was quickly taken out of the race when someone (Marest) whose opinion I greatly respect said that it was flimsy and awkward.

How fussy are you about the type of switches on the mechanical keyboard?

There's a few (cherry brown, black, red etc). I think from memory the brown aren't the absolute best for gaming (blacks are generally better, red's suit some people more but much easier to fat finger).

Check out the QPAD MK-80.

No macro keys, backlit (blue) and cherry brown mechanical keys.

I visit a UK "high end parts" type site that has a pretty good forum. Big thread here about mechnical keyboards:

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/sho...echanical+keys
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Deleted
    Mechanical Keyboard Guide (I'm sure Noteworthy has seen this guide before, Fuzzykins also has a very similar guide here on MMO-C).

The short rundown is:
    - MX Blacks and Reds are for gaming, Blacks are more resistant (60G compared to 45G), both have 2mm to actuation (as is why Reds are considered slightly faster).
    - MX Browns (and to an extent the Clear switches) is a middle ground between a good switch for gaming and a good switch for typing. I know many who love this switch.
    - MX Blues are for typing, clicky and tactile; the release point is above the actuation point.

That was it, yes, browns are the compromise. Decent for typing, decent for gaming.

Found the one I was considering at one point: http://www.mionix.net/page.php?al=zibal60

For me though, I've decided laptop style keyboard works best. I do tend to have a light touch and rather adept with the touch typing (can happily hold a conversation looking at someone next to me/over my shoulder with no loss in accuracy) so low keys are responsive without so many fat fingering problems.
    Last edited by mercutiouk; 2012-04-04 at 07:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Now that you mention it, I do recall seeing that article a few months ago, but had completely forgotten about it. Thank you for posting it.

I'm happy to see that the K60 has the Red switches.

Thought I'd give you guys a little bit of an update...

Since my last post, I've ordered:

Mouse: Logitech G9X (free shipping!)
    Mouse pad: XTRAC PADS Ripper
    Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K60 (20% off plus a $15 rebate, final price of $67.99!)
    Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-AD300 (ordered from Amazon because NewEgg was out of stock)
    Microphone: Zalman Zm-Mic1 (decided against a desk-top mic, wanted something a little less obtrusive)

All that I have left to order is the monitor, I've all but settled on the Dell Ultrasharp, just holding out hope that it goes on sale, or NewEgg does a "##% of all monitors!" sale in the next week or two, I definitely want to make sure I order it so that it is here before April 29.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2012-04-10 at 02:11 PM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Settled on the UltraSharp? Don't you make me come over there!

Also I still think the K90 may have served you better, at least it has a full-size wrist-rest. =/
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water