Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    is it not faster if you don't roll a panda but a other race for monk?
    so you don't need to do a starting zone. but can be raffed/exp boosted right away.

also if i remember correct from wotlk. monk class will be playable in patch 5.0. instead of the real release date of MoP. so you got all the time you want/need to lvl him to 85

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Legevia View Post
    He also forgot about the use of a dread pirate ring for another 5% xp.
    Like I said , guides mostly tailored to suit me, and at the minute I have no intention of even attempting to get that ring. But thanks all the same

Pretty sure you might want to invest some time in the Kaluak Fishing Derby, for the 5% XP ring, as well!

---------- Post added 2012-03-28 at 02:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Batix View Post
    Pretty sure you might want to invest some time in the Kaluak Fishing Derby, for the 5% XP ring, as well!
    My bad. Looks like we were suggesting the same thing at the same time :O
    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by loki505 View Post
    is it not faster if you don't roll a panda but a other race for monk?
    so you don't need to do a starting zone. but can be raffed/exp boosted right away.

also if i remember correct from wotlk. monk class will be playable in patch 5.0. instead of the real release date of MoP. so you got all the time you want/need to lvl him to 85
    Pandaren are the prime focus of this expansion, I dont think they will offer them In a patch prior to launch and hand them out for free

Quote Originally Posted by Woa View Post
    I'd make it on a low pop server too. Then xfer off once you've got realm first.
    Doesn't that kind of take away from the ACHIEVEMENT part of it?
    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.

I'm also going to attempt for server first 90 monk, along with pandaren. I sent in a ticket asking about the RaF and SoR just a few days ago:

"I've searched for information on this, but could not find a complete answer. For the server first 90 achievements, will benefiting from the Refer a Friend or Scroll of Resurrection bonuses disable the possibility of earning the server first on that character? The same as server transferring characters within a certain time for server first achievements."

"Greetings,

Thank you for contacting the Game Master department!

In regards to your question, we actually have plans currently to address this concern specifically. They won't actually turn off the Refer a Friend bonuses but our plan for right now is to make it so any character that did benefit from something like RaF is just flagged and not eligible to receive the realm first achievements. Now that could possibly change before MoP hits but what ever happens we will likely have some way of just keeping people from insta leveling to 80 and being eligible to receive it.

Just keep an eye on our forums over the next couple of months. If we do have any updates they will be posted there. "

So RaF could still change, but I highly doubt achievements will be given to those who use it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoddbo View Post
    I'm also going to attempt for server first 90 monk, along with pandaren. I sent in a ticket asking about the RaF and SoR just a few days ago:

"I've searched for information on this, but could not find a complete answer. For the server first 90 achievements, will benefiting from the Refer a Friend or Scroll of Resurrection bonuses disable the possibility of earning the server first on that character? The same as server transferring characters within a certain time for server first achievements."

"Greetings,

In regards to your question, we actually have plans currently to address this concern specifically. They won't actually turn off the Refer a Friend bonuses but our plan for right now is to make it so any character that did benefit from something like RaF is just flagged and not eligible to receive the realm first achievements. Now that could possibly change before MoP hits but what ever happens we will likely have some way of just keeping people from insta leveling to 80 and being eligible to receive it.

Just keep an eye on our forums over the next couple of months. If we do have any updates they will be posted there. "

So RaF could still change, but I highly doubt achievements will be given to those who use it.
    Intresting, thanks for this, if boosted Monks are inellgiable for realm first then I will simply do 1-80 aswell

Thinking using RAF or SoR automatically flips a switch that disqualifies the character for realm first monk. But who knows.

Remember in Cata when they said race-changes to Worgen/Goblin would be available at launch, but those who utilized it wouldn't qualified for realm first Goblin/Worgen FoS? Then they just removed racial FoS all together.

Who knows.
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

Deleted
    Realm First MONK

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by frequency View Post
    Or I could enjoy Beta and WoW at my own pace and not burn out in 1 week and complain about how there is nothing to do?
    Some people just dont understand what the race to 90 is all about. It's about competition and being the best. Obviously it's looks stupid for people who dont understand what it takes and why to be the best.

Oh and pretty sure you can't use RAF to level your monk. They had that disabled in cata and wrath to even the odds.

I'd make it on a low pop server too. Then xfer off once you've got realm first.
    you can't transfer to do it, you'll get a 1-2 month "cooldown" on realm first achievements.
    not 100% sure about this, but i think i read it somewhere

If you make a Pandaren Monk you probably won't be realm first. You need to make a non-pandaren race and grant them levels right off the bat. If you really want to min/max and have no worries about wasting money:

You need to RAF 2 accounts, so you would need to buy up to Wrath for two accounts. Have one of the toons leveled as a Warlock to summon. Have those two toons parked at flight master. Summon Monk, grant levels, and give gold. You can race change to Pandaren after you hit 90.

If you do make a Pandaren, like I said before you probably won't be realm first, but if that matters little to you then the Heirlooms used in the lowbie zone are of little importance for level. The only real bonus you get from them is being more powerful. You won't get out of the starter zone for being higher level, so they only matter for stats. So basically what I'm saying is don't kill yourself trying to get the Dread Pirate Ring. In the long run it doesn't matter, but it can't hurt.

Regarding UI stuff:

I'm not sure, but you can probably just copy your Beta characters UI settings folder into the live game and just rename it to whatever that character is, so you can avoid that mess, but I can't confirm this.

Character Creation (If Pandaren):

What I did in Rift when I hit server first/world 10th level 50 was screenshot my character creation settings, so I didn't have to deal with a character I disliked visually. Do the same here screenshot your settings and Photoshop/GIMP/Paint it into something easily readable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpand671 View Post
    If you make a Pandaren Monk you probably won't be realm first. You need to make a non-pandaren race and grant them levels right off the bat. If you really want to min/max and have no worries about wasting money:

You need to RAF 2 accounts, so you would need to buy up to Wrath for two accounts. Have one of the toons leveled as a Warlock to summon. Have those two toons parked at flight master. Summon Monk, grant levels, and give gold. You can race change to Pandaren after you hit 90.

If you do make a Pandaren, like I said before you probably won't be realm first, but if that matters little to you then the Heirlooms used in the lowbie zone are of little importance for level. The only real bonus you get from them is being more powerful. You won't get out of the starter zone for being higher level, so they only matter for stats. So basically what I'm saying is don't kill yourself trying to get the Dread Pirate Ring. In the long run it doesn't matter, but it can't hurt.

Regarding UI stuff:

I'm not sure, but you can probably just copy your Beta characters UI settings folder into the live game and just rename it to whatever that character is, so you can avoid that mess, but I can't confirm this.

Character Creation (If Pandaren):

What I did in Rift when I hit server first/world 10th level 50 was screenshot my character creation settings, so I didn't have to deal with a character I disliked visually. Do the same here screenshot your settings and Photoshop/GIMP/Paint it into something easily readable.
    Thanks for this, yes you totally right about heirlooms just being more powerful, but it also means I will level quicker and get access to abilities such as role and use my swiftness potions.

As for the UI, I will be screenshoting it on the beta and custominzing it as im flying around but I will certainly give the character folder copy ago (thanks)

One major thing you should add: Recruit a buddy to play when you can't. Unless you plan on staying awake for three days then....good luck not having a heart attack with that constant flow of mt dew and coffee.
    if RAF/SoR works it will be less than 24h

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jpp View Post
    Actually I think it will take longer than this since you cant use flying mounts in Pandaria

10+ Year Old Account
    Would random dungeon queing as a tank mebe go quicker then questing? Dont know just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by redcisse09 View Post
    Actually I think it will take longer than this since you cant use flying mounts in Pandaria
    That doesn't effect the leveling time. Cataclysm was designed with the ability to use flying mounts, so it's not like it was shorter in Cataclysm because you could fly. WotLK and TBC were only longer because they had a completely different leveling design at the time and it had twice as many levels as Cataclysm had and MoP will have.

Don't you need three people to be able to summon, since the guild perk will be removed?

Quote Originally Posted by Cpand671 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Jpp View Post
    its already been mentioned in this thread someone contacted a gm on the situation, and the achievement will NOT pop up if you use RAF/SOR. due to disqualification.

so, have fun wasting a lot of money on 2 accounts to find out the achievement will never pop up, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoddbo View Post

"Greetings,

pretty cut and dry answer there. you can do it, but you wont get the achievement.
    Last edited by rigoremortis; 2012-03-28 at 09:53 PM.

Just RAF before MOP hits and grant a monk to lvl 80= win