Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

MOP Realm 1st 90 Monk Guide

TAZOK OF BRONZEBEARD EU

RAF may or may not work (we dont know yet) but if it does use, Great! (reads the guide) if it dosn't work, well its going to be a race of who can play the longest without face planting the keyboard

Hi everyone here is my IN PROGRESS guide on how to effectivly level in MOP, it has been customized for Panda Monk leveling, whilst this guide is being tailored to suit MY needs, Im sure you can all make effective use of it, I will be Updating this guide often as I get new information, because I can't update MOP section without my Beta invite yet.

SOME POINTS I MAY HAVE MISSED, OR IF YOU THINK I SHOULD ADD ANYTHING PLEASE SAY SO, BUT AS I SAID THIS GUIDE IS CURRENTLY BE TAILORED TO SUIT ME.

YES SOME ELEMENTS ARE FOUND IN OTHER GUIDES. CREDIT TO THOSE.

SO FAR ONLY A "REALM FIRST PANDAREN ACHIEVEMENT HAS BEEN FOUND AND NO MONK ACHIEVEMENT

LAST MINUTE CHECKS
    • Map of Pandaria
    • Screen shot of UI spells
    • Initial Preparation
    • Lowest Graphics
    • Gold
    • RAF at correct place (Level Grant Macro)
    • TOILET
    • Food & Drink
    • DBM (Skip Cutscenes)
    • Join a Guild

Prior to Launch

Initial Preparation:

• X4 Embersilk bags
    • X60 Flasks of the wind
    • X 240 Tol’vir potions
    • X 60 Runescroll of Fortitude II(lvl85)
    • X60 Runescroll of Fortitude
    • X 60 Twilight Leg armour
    • X 80 Adventures Journal
    • X 60 Fortune Cookie
    • X1 Epic Guild Tabard
    • X4 SHOULDERS ENCHANT (NOT HEAD)
    • X20 AGILITY GEMS (DEMONSEYE)
    • SWIFTNESS POTIONS (50%SPEED BUFF)

Heirlooms

• Head Piece
    • Shoulders
    • Cape
    • X2 maces (agility enchant)
    • Chest
    • X2 haste trinkets

My Preparation so far

Gold:

• Ground mount training XX
    • Flying training XX
    • Epic flying training XX
    • 310% flying XX

Recruit a Friend
    • Two weeks before the launch of MOP level Two classes (Warlock and Paladin) too level 80 (Req. Wrath of the Lich King expansion)
    • Place both level 80’s outside the Stormwind mount vendor
    • Logout and make sure both toons are at the top of the character selection list
    • Have Grant level macro ready

Beta

SCREEN SHOT YOUR ACTIONS BARS FOR A LVL 85 MONK AND COPIES IT AT LIVE
    ZONE MAP, CIRCLE VENDORS, QUEST HUBS, RARESPAWNS

First time levelling, take Pandaria slowly, do generic questing at a steady pace, taking note to quests, were items dropped, what to do on a quest, mob abilities etc, print out a Map of Pandaria label vendors etc.

Second time levelling, take your time again, but this time do quests in a different order look for shortcuts, go to different zones, make it different and see if it took you longer than you expected or not.

3rd time this is the real deal, Do it as fast as you can, and then again, and again get your route etched into your brain! By the time of launch you should know where every mob is and where to find a quest item or vendor.
    IMPORTANT SAVE ONE OR TWO CHARACTERS FOR THE LAST DAYS OF BETA, SO YOU REFRESH YOUR MIND ON THE QUESTING PATH!

Panda Start zone

IMPORTANT! ALL PANDAREN START WITH FOOD IN THIER BAG, USE IT!

EQUIP HEIRLOOMS! SWIFTNESS POTIONS AT LEVEL 5

• Do the same again as above, remember take your time, and learn the quests the first time around.
    • Second time, look for shortcuts, generally same as first time around
    • Third time, FULL SPEED AHEAD! Use ROLL when you can EQUIP HEIRLOOMS AND USE SWIFTNESS POTIONS.
    • Then, delete your toon, and beat your time again and again.

Upon Launch

HAVE ALL GRAPHICAL AND SOUND SETTING SET TO LOW AS POSSIBLE (TO REDUCE LOADING TIMES)
    Minimal add-ons (again, reduce loading times)

Be logged out minutes before launch (Make sure 2nd account with RAF is logged in! (give all heirlooms etc to one of these toons, keep a toon next to mailbox)
    • Have password inputted ready (press enter as soon and MOP goes live)
    • Iog in, create Pandaren monk ASAP
    • Go! Go! Go! Complete Pandaren start zone using roll when possible and use as many shortcuts as you can. DO NOT LOOT MOBS UNLESS ITS FOR A QUEST, ITS WASTING TIME AND BAG SPACE
    Skip cut scenes were possible

IMPORTANT! AS SOON AS YOU CHOOSE YOUR FACTION, JOIN YOUR GUILD FOR XP AND FP BENEFIT!

After leaving start zone

• Turn in the quest at the king
    • Run, roll or something (lock summon) to the stormwind mount vendor.
    • GRANT LEVELS! DO NOT SORT OUT ACTION BARS YET!
    • Pick up quests for cataclysm zones.
    AS YOU ARE FLYING FROM A-B SORT YOUR ACTION BARS
    • Quest cataclysm zones (again skip cut scenes) DO NOT LOOT MOBS UNLESS ITS FOR A QUEST
    • As soon as you level e.g. 82 DO NOT finish the zone move on to deepholme there is more xp here.

AS SOON AS YOU’RE IN CATACLYSM ZONES, USE FLAKS, SCROLLS, JOURNALS, AND SWIFTNESS POTIONS ETC! SET HEARTHSTONE

Pandaria

TO BE UPDATED

CREDIT OF THE SECOND MAP GOES TO:
    http://www.pverogues.com/mists-of-pa...levelling-map/
    ignore the part were it says "the wandering isle"

Key notes; (places I got stuck, tricks shortcuts etc
    Useful vendor buffs, VENDOR LOCATIONS, mob buffs

The Jade Forest lvl 85-86

This Vendor sells some 100 stat food

This Vendor sells uncommon gear with item lvl of 372 for all specs (useful if you used RAF)

Valley of the Four winds lvl 86-88

EXTREMELY FAST XP GRIND ( I HAVE NOT CHECKED THIS IS A WHILE, MAY HAVE BEEN NERFED WILL UPDATE LATER) GO HERE AND KILL "EMPEROR TERN"

They sit in packs ontop of big rocks of about 3-5 mobs per pack. They have 69k hp which is easy AOE and they give a good amount of EXP.
    86-87 with this method should take about 1,5 - 2 hours.

Townlong Steppes lvl 89-90

Kun-Lai Summit lvl 87-89

A
    The Snackrifice PULL THE VINES TO FREE AND NOT JUST THE CAGES INSIDE THE CAVE

Gear Vendors
    393 Vendor here (Located in the first quest area)

Vale of Eternal Blossoms lvl 90

Dread Wastes lvl 89-90

Krasarang Wilds lvl 86-88

[
    Last edited by mmoc6393b07edb; 2012-06-27 at 02:53 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Or I could enjoy Beta and WoW at my own pace and not burn out in 1 week and complain about how there is nothing to do?

10+ Year Old Account
    One major thing you should add: Recruit a buddy to play when you can't. Unless you plan on staying awake for three days then....good luck not having a heart attack with that constant flow of mt dew and coffee.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by frequency View Post
    Or I could enjoy Beta and WoW at my own pace and not burn out in 1 week and complain about how there is nothing to do?
    you go do that, and in fact so will I I, I could do that on the beta or even on lots of characters after I reach 90 on my monk, and nothing to do? dont assume I complain about lack of content because rarely I do.

---------- Post added 2012-03-28 at 06:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Woa View Post
    One major thing you should add: Recruit a buddy to play when you can't. Unless you plan on staying awake for three days then....good luck not having a heart attack with that constant flow of mt dew and coffee.
    will be doing this, but sorting out a schedule closer to the date,

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh and pretty sure you can't use RAF to level your monk. They had that disabled in cata and wrath to even the odds.

I'd make it on a low pop server too. Then xfer off once you've got realm first.

Deleted
    Oh and pretty sure you can't use RAF to level your monk. They had that disabled in cata and wrath to even the odds.
    It wasn't disabled. and if it was this guide wont apply until your 80 onwards

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Except you are openly breaking Blizzards TOS by allowing another player to play your account.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's no way they're going to allow some people double exp/granting levels. That's so ridiculously unfair. Must find blue person.

Quote Originally Posted by Culadin View Post
    Except you are openly breaking Blizzards TOS by allowing another player to play your account.
    They won't find out, i've been doing it for years. The most they did was suspent my friends account till he changed his password (He was NOT infracted) and that happened ONCE in about 4 years of sharing.

Deleted
    There's no way they're going to allow some people double exp/granting levels. That's so ridiculously unfair. Must find blue person.
    1/ blizz are not a company to turn away profits from bartlechests and wotlk and 2/ people are going to want to raid end game asap, monk included RAF is the best way to achieve this.

I think you forgot to add an item under the preparations section.

-Punching bag (to vent your anger), for when the servers crash every 10 seconds on launch and you can't log in because every other panda and their mother is doing the same thing at the same time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, you defiantly CANNOT use RAF to level a monk.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you include RAF level-giving you might as well include blackmailing the dude who gets realm 1st into selling you his account.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by frequency View Post
    Thats not what this topic is about, if you don't like the plan and u want to take it slowly dont post maybe?

Meh, thanks. I'll go with the dudes above, enjoying content and having experiences through 85-90 or 1-90 as a monk.

Woa, I guess you loose your Realm's First if u xfer...

Wow getting in there early huh!

Looks good but I wont be rushing to 90 lol i stayed up for a few night about a week ago and im still recovering (getting too old!) cant drink as much coffee or energy drinks anymore or go without sleep! lol

But good luck to those who go for it and be ready for the SPAM of GRATS private msg's hehe (and maybe some sore losers/haters)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XingoJenkins View Post
    Meh, thanks. I'll go with the dudes above, enjoying content and having experiences through 85-90 or 1-90 as a monk.

your right, and most people wil agree, however along with bug reporting, I will use the beta for this , and im also not a person who gets burned out of content, doing cata zones over and over again has never bothered me

10+ Year Old Account
    prety certin u cant use RAF to level new races/classes.. pretty much common sense lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XingoJenkins View Post

no you dont lose it. Seen a human with realm first: level 80 Troll

10+ Year Old Account
    On second thought I'll probably not level that fast. I want to do battlegrounds and dungeons on the way up. That's the most fun for me. I'm sure i'll still be among the first 10 to hit 90 though, on my server anyways.

---------- Post added 2012-03-28 at 06:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LuxyEU View Post
    no you dont lose it. Seen a human with realm first: level 80 Troll
    Ha, that's awesome.