Thread: Xsplit

Xsplit

Hey,

Struggeling with the quality of my stream, the quality is okey if I stand still the enviroment around is not that demanding, but as fast I do things like going to durotar or playing arena pixels appear, it seems like the stream cannot keep the same speed as the enviroment is. And I do not lag at all!

So my question is, what section/option do I change so it still stay at good quality when things gets more intense?

PS: And I'm using Xsplit.

Regards,
    Veteran

---------- Post added 2012-03-28 at 09:02 PM ----------

bump ((((((((((

Yeah, I've tried this yesterday and got something similar.

In my case I think the cause is due the low upload rate of my connection, just 44kbps (which was using fully for the transmission)

Deleted
    Sounds like either the bitrate of your videostream is set too low to cover the quality you'd like to see in your stream, or your upstream bandwidth is insufficient. A higher bitrate allows more frequent "screen updates" over a certain timeframe, but also costs you more bandwidth to transmit.

For me 1024 kbps at a streaming resolution of 960x540 is very acceptable, play a little with it tbh.

Additional note:
    It contributes positively to the quality of your videostream if you stream in a resolution that is equal to your actual resolution at which you record/capture video. If you need to downscale to a smaller framesize; taking half the actual recording size is usually a good choice from my experience.

What are your settings? Like, connection upload speed? And profile settings, like resolution, kbps, Buffer settings, quality?

My live streams don't come out well also, I only have like 1mb upload speed, but it does look good for the connection I have. You can try Dxtory it helps improve your quality and frame rates while streaming, this is what Towelliee uses for his livestreams also and he runs HD settings but his connection stomps all over mines.

www.twitch.tv/dramoc

^ is my livestream, I have the pixel problem when I move around alot, but you can still see whats going on.

I have my quality set on 10, bitrate at 2,000. Keep in mind you also need a good fast CPU to stream in high quality. If you don't have a fast CPU, that could be part of the problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elledramoc View Post
    What are your settings? Like, connection upload speed? And profile settings, like resolution, kbps, Buffer settings, quality?

I am normally streaming from a PC with the following hardware:
    CPU: Intel i7 2600K
    System memory: 16GB DDR3
    Graphics card: NV GTX570, 4GB onboard DDR5 memory
    I've got a 100/100 Mbit connection to the internet.

Virtually no limits here.

Streaming at 50% of my display resolution (960x540)

My current channel settings for the videostream in XSplit look like this:
    Video encoding:
    Quality = 6, Max Bitrate = 2000 kbps, buffer = 2000 kbit

Sound settings:
    44.100 Khz, 16-bit stereo, 128 kbit. AAC LC Codec.

I haven't played too much with the settings yet, it kind of looks fine as it is. Note that my XSplit is running on a paid license though, allowing additional settings to be set which are not available in the free edition.

Might want to play back some recorded videos at twitch.tv/rabbitcreator to check back on the quality output these give (more recent records are generally better on quality right now)