Poll: ok go

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Lose Your Senses

OK! of your 5 senses, which one are you the most scared to lose? please state which one and why

10+ Year Old Account
    Sight...pretty obvious why.

If touch inlcludes determining if something is hot/cold, I'd say touch. Out of an irrational fear of being burnt alive.

If not then sight, for obvious reasons.

Smell, because you essentially lose taste as well if you lose smell. Cooking is my job and my passion, if I couldn't taste or smell anymore I would get really depressed. I can't imagine eating things and just having it taste like cardboard with different textures, I would probably stop eating and starve.

Deleted
    I think smell is the only one I sometimes wish I didn't have.

Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post
    Psh naw if you've ever heard a Justin Beiber song I bet for at least a moment you've wished you were deaf.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhurn View Post
    Psh naw if you've ever heard a Justin Beiber song I bet for at least a moment you've wished you were deaf.
    Music is my passion, I'll put up with a few baby, babies to keep my hearing.

(And I just realised I answered the poll wrong. Doh!)

Yeah, hearing would be what I would be most afraid to lose. I don't think I could really enjoy life without music.
    Last edited by mmocf558c230a5; 2012-03-29 at 12:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sight. It's a no-brainer for me. I couldn't possibly imagine waking up blind one day and living in complete darkness for the rest of my life. I just can't begin to fathom that experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post
    Good point. It's related to taste, but I'm a picky eater, so if I lost my sense of smell, maybe I'd eat more healthy foods.

Then again, I could just lose my sense of taste...

Though I'd pick sight for the specific question. I can give up hearing, you can get a job where it's not a big deal, and since we use internet for a lot of stuff anyway, it wouldn't be as big a loss.

Deleted
    already lost my sense of Hearing when i was born anyway

one thing i scared to lose is sight, don't want become deaf and blind.

Skelington could do nothing without his sight.

10+ Year Old Account
    I could lose all my other senses. It would suck, but I could easily adapt.

However, I depend way too much on my eyes.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Beouf View Post

do you ever wonder what music sounds like?? or do you often get depressed because you can't hear???

i'm really curious and im sorry if it's rude to ask, but I dont know any deaf people so i can't go ask them!

I would not want to loose any of my senses really, but most scared to be blind.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhurn View Post
    Smell, because you essentially lose taste as well if you lose smell. Cooking is my job and my passion, if I couldn't taste or smell anymore I would get really depressed. I can't imagine eating things and just having it taste like cardboard with different textures, I would probably stop eating and starve.
    you can cook without your eyes?

Sight, since sight has the biggest impact on me.
    Miranda Rights: Miranda has the right to a decent man to help her raise her baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Beouf View Post

Sorry to ask, have you ever considered cochlear implants?

Sight. The world is a beautiful place and I don't think I would be able to live without sight.

Sight. I rely on it for everything. The other senses I could get along in life much easier without, compared to sight.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm most afraid to lose my sense of touch, to be honest. I've heard about people born without this, and they must learn to constantly check themselves for scratches and such simply because their body doesn't react with pain. Sitting down and not noticing when your ass touches the ground, just... stopping? Ugh, no. I'd rather lose any one of the other ones!
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P