Bye bye, don't let the door etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Lekiki View Post
    Rage
    See you back in a few days!
    ~ "I've got a special deal... a one way ticket to hell!" ~

Quote Originally Posted by Lekiki View Post
    TLR This game has lost a player who has spend over $150 over the last 1/2 years on League of Legends because of it ridiculous new system. I'm sure many more will follow.
    Isn't that more your loss than theirs?

I feel like the complaint is understandable, there needs to be a system in LoL like there is in DotA 2 for DCs at the start of the game.

But can I say a thing, guys? This thread is about venting, not about people making passive aggressive comments or to tell people how "IT'S YOUR FAULT ANYWAY" anytime someone actually vents in here. If they'd be asking for tips or what went wrong, they'd use the appropriate thread.

They already are annoyed by the game they just had that made them decide to come vent in here, do we really need to make them feel worse?

Let's try being a little more civil. :/

Yeah, there's another thread for that anyways. Keep the arguments there. But if I offer a suggestion (that I should've kept in mind with my games as well), if you start to lose one game, stop playing ranked for a while. More than likely, you'll keep losing again and again like recently. It may not change, but it tends to worsen as you keep going.
    My General Gaming Blog *Latest Updated: 9/25/14*

Quote Originally Posted by Infighter View Post
    I feel like the complaint is understandable, there needs to be a system in LoL like there is in DotA 2 for DCs at the start of the game.
    Then people would exploit it.
    Either leaving before the match started because they were against a better team comp, or raging on someone until they left.

Quote Originally Posted by Girlyman View Post
    Then people would exploit it.
    Either leaving before the match started because they were against a better team comp, or raging on someone until they left.
    No, it would work like this:

If a person dcs for more than 5(?) minutes during the first 15(?) minutes of the game, the rest of the players can leave without losing anything, while the person who left will have it counting as a loss.

It's hard to exploit like this and people will be dicks regardless, so that doesn't count.

No, it would work like this:

If a person dcs for more than 5(?) minutes during the first 15(?) minutes of the game, the rest of the players can leave without losing anything, while the person who left will have it counting as a loss.

It's hard to exploit like this and people will be dicks regardless, so that doesn't count.
    Doesn't this just put the person who may have disconnected legitimately at far greater discomfort?

Then again... it is one person suffering instead of the other four...
    Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Deylana View Post
    Doesn't this just put the person who may have disconnected legitimately at far greater discomfort?

Yeah... but then again, if someone stays DCd for that long, they are probably not going to be logging back in at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Deylana View Post

The difference from the current system is that instead of 5 people effectively losing a game only 1 will while 4 others are fine. It's not like that one guy is getting any extra punishment than he would get now - if it was me I'd actually be more stressed now, knowing that I just made 4 people lose LP - and maybe their Bo3/5 just because my internet fucked up.
    "Defending a position by citing free speech is the ultimate concession: you're saying that literally the most compelling thing you can say for it is that it's not illegal to express."

Yeah... but then again, if someone stays DCd for that long, they are probably not going to be logging back in at all.
    In my 4v5 game, our Ryze DCed at about 10 minutes in, and then rejoined at 30 minutes in. Realising he was massively underlevelled, he instantly quit again.

Just saying that it does happen. I even had a BSOD and DCed from a game, but still managed to make it back way after 5 minutes had passed, farm some jungle, and get back on par with our team.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/1 | Mafia: 1/6/7 | TPR: 0.5/4.5/5
    SK: 0/1/1 | VT: 1.5/3.5/5 | Cult: 1/0/1
    Multi-World First Blood DK Sneezie

If a person dcs for more than 5(?) minutes during the first 15(?) minutes of the game, the rest of the players can leave without losing anything, while the person who left will have it counting as a loss..
    *First blood!*

GG please disconnect you RPOS!!1

Quote Originally Posted by AFK-Champion View Post
    *First blood!*

*mute*Magic!
    "Defending a position by citing free speech is the ultimate concession: you're saying that literally the most compelling thing you can say for it is that it's not illegal to express."

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    *mute*
    Aaaaand report after the game for Negative Attitude.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/1 | Mafia: 1/6/7 | TPR: 0.5/4.5/5
    SK: 0/1/1 | VT: 1.5/3.5/5 | Cult: 1/0/1
    Multi-World First Blood DK Sneezie

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    In my 4v5 game, our Ryze DCed at about 10 minutes in, and then rejoined at 30 minutes in. Realising he was massively underlevelled, he instantly quit again.

Just saying that it does happen. I even had a BSOD and DCed from a game, but still managed to make it back way after 5 minutes had passed, farm some jungle, and get back on par with our team.
    Yup, can happen. But I feel like it's rarer than the actual issue of people dcing forever and not coming back. The upsides are much better than the downsides.

Quote Originally Posted by AFK-Champion View Post
    *First blood!*

As I said, people will be dicks regardless.

Honestly, I could handle the DCs etc with elo system as over the span of many games it would even out with DCs on enemy teams, effectively not affecting my rating. However, with the leagues... It HURTS, hurts TERRIBLY to get a dc in your Bo3/5. You can legitimately fail to go up, wasting the effort of many games, because of bad luck and it's a badly designed system.

Warchief
    So Riot makes an example out of the first ones caught leaving the game to avoid losing LP or something,, showing they've got absolutely 0 tolerance for it.

I actually like it, and the ones DCing will have it as a loss/leave anyway. The rest of the team needs to be compensated... having a leaver/dc shouldn't just be something you have to work through (like, say, getting a bunch of clueless people on your team).

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Honestly, I could handle the DCs etc with elo system as over the span of many games it would even out with DCs on enemy teams, effectively not affecting my rating. However, with the leagues... It HURTS, hurts TERRIBLY to get a dc in your Bo3/5. You can legitimately fail to go up, wasting the effort of many games, because of bad luck and it's a badly designed system.

Lost a best 2/3 because had a DC in the first 5min in both of my games. Needless to say I haven't played a game in 3 days.

Losing a promotion or any LP because it's basically 4v5 is pointless. As others have said the loss shouldn't count against the 4 it should only count for the one DC.

This still leaves the AFKers to be dealt with, or rather the "AFKers". You know, the ones that will stand in base and keep arguing with their team just to keep from being set as AFK. I've been trying to think of a system with a low chance of abuse for that, and the only one I can think of is a "Mark as AFK" button that requires six or seven votes, including from the enemy team. That way nobody can fall victim to a 4-man premade kicking them out for some asinine reason; your opponents have to agree that you're doing nothing to help your team. Congratulations, you're kicked from the game, it's marked as a loss for you, and the rest of your teammates can fight on for either a victory or a penalty-less loss.
    I am the BEASTMASTER. What are you?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    It's like saying "Why train up as a football team and go and play in the World Cup, when any random groups of people are playing Football down the park all the time! Footballs too accessable for everyone, GZ Blizzard!"

Quote Originally Posted by JesterOfFire View Post
    This still leaves the AFKers to be dealt with, or rather the "AFKers". You know, the ones that will stand in base and keep arguing with their team just to keep from being set as AFK. I've been trying to think of a system with a low chance of abuse for that, and the only one I can think of is a "Mark as AFK" button that requires six or seven votes, including from the enemy team. That way nobody can fall victim to a 4-man premade kicking them out for some asinine reason; your opponents have to agree that you're doing nothing to help your team. Congratulations, you're kicked from the game, it's marked as a loss for you, and the rest of your teammates can fight on for either a victory or a penalty-less loss.
    But most of the time, the opponents won't vote to approve because they may think the team is scapegoatting one person.

Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II