For some reason, if I pick top/mid/jungle I get a bad team, and can't carry it even if I get ahead. But I've had 4 wins in a row as support now. Guess it is time to go back to old roots and carry my self as the support and get the ADC super fed early, then get mid fed after that.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    For some reason, if I pick top/mid/jungle I get a bad team, and can't carry it even if I get ahead. But I've had 4 wins in a row as support now. Guess it is time to go back to old roots and carry my self as the support and get the ADC super fed early, then get mid fed after that.
    I've found something very similar.
    If you are a good support, and you have a decent ADC with you, you can win almost all games (in bronze/silver). I'm a support main, and every time I get a decent ADC, we just destroy their entire team, snowball bot, roam mid, and gg.
    But without that good ADC, god it's painful. Watching the other team's ADC just getting fed as hell, it brings me real physical pain haha.
    One of the worst thing is when you have a player in duo lane with you, who isn't particularly good, but keeps blaming you for every stupid play he makes. That's one of the things about this game that really gets under my skin.

I've found it varies with different supports. I can pick Leona or Taric, dive and initiate all day and my team will absolutely follow. Pick Nami and it's a 50/50 chance we'll do well. Can't ever play Soraka because I get instantly focused and no one on my team protects me, which is great teamwork for the enemy team, but of course, if I play against a Soraka, my team are idiots and focus the Amumu.

Lately, I've been duoing with a buddy who's an ADC main, and I'm having a much easy time. Doesn't matter what happens in the other lanes, I get him fed and we hard carry easily.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thychiz View Post
    I've found something very similar.
    If you are a good support, and you have a decent ADC with you, you can win almost all games (in bronze/silver). I'm a support main, and every time I get a decent ADC, we just destroy their entire team, snowball bot, roam mid, and gg.
    But without that good ADC, god it's painful. Watching the other team's ADC just getting fed as hell, it brings me real physical pain haha.
    One of the worst thing is when you have a player in duo lane with you, who isn't particularly good, but keeps blaming you for every stupid play he makes. That's one of the things about this game that really gets under my skin.
    The absolute best is when you're playing with an Blitz/Thresh "main" and they miss absolutely every single hook, then blame you for the loss. I mean sure, you could have 4 kills and 80 farm over the enemy ADC, but you suck man, yeah. Worst ADC NA.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow the Edgehog View Post
    I've found it varies with different supports. I can pick Leona or Taric, dive and initiate all day and my team will absolutely follow. Pick Nami and it's a 50/50 chance we'll do well. Can't ever play Soraka because I get instantly focused and no one on my team protects me, which is great teamwork for the enemy team, but of course, if I play against a Soraka, my team are idiots and focus the Amumu.

Lately, I've been duoing with a buddy who's an ADC main, and I'm having a much easy time. Doesn't matter what happens in the other lanes, I get him fed and we hard carry easily.

- - - Updated - - -

The absolute best is when you're playing with an Blitz/Thresh "main" and they miss absolutely every single hook, then blame you for the loss. I mean sure, you could have 4 kills and 80 farm over the enemy ADC, but you suck man, yeah. Worst ADC NA.
    Ugh, I have mained Thresh for some time, but some games I still miss 3/4 hooks. Then the next one I hit like 9/10.. I am pretty sure it depends a lot on the ping difference between you and the target you want to hit, some hooks looks like they will land, then just skips by an inch.
    But yeah, a good/decent ADC and it is very easy to carry with tanky supports, or even Janna (For real, that woman is amazing), I prefer tanky though, and just be a huge wall for my team.
    But if the ADC is bad.. it is horrible to be the support. At least you wont get the blame if bot lane loses
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Just love it when you are last force picked support.
    Dont get me wrong I can play support good enough but you can not do more then support.
    I really need some kind of support what you can also carry with (kills and wave clear) but not annie

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DerpyDutchy View Post
    Dont get me wrong I can play support good enough but you can not do more then support.
    I really need some kind of support what you can also carry with (kills and wave clear) but not annie
    Janna, Morgana? A full strength tornado will rip through entire minion waves (plus sometimes when I'm ahead I do Luden's Echo on her too, because speed) - especcially once you have some AP. Similarly Morgana Tormented Soil will delete a minion wave even as a full support build. Both are huge playmakers in teamfights.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Brand and Morgana can be played just as one would have played them mid. I have many times gone 1v1 on one of their carries as Morgana support and won. Just max W first (if they dont have an AP support that will nuke down your shield BEFORE the CC comes), and watch at how extreme damage you deal as a support. Or go Brand, you play him exactly like mid, just start with the Spellthief edge and get a Sightstone then full AP and watch as you melt the enemy team with your combos.

Or Sona with lichbane, that shit can be rather crazy as well, but boring to play imo.

And you can carry as support, as long as you do it right. You bring good vision, you can bring good engange or disengage (depends on who you play), a ton of CC or dmg. I've won games with bad ADCs as support as well, just try to survive the horrible laning phase that will be extremely boring (and toxic), mute the ADC if he starts to blame you for every mistake he does, and see if you can do roams to mid and tell that 'adc main vayne' to hug the nexus turrets..

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of bad ADCs, just had one of those games..

In the end our Vayne had 2 kills, 15 deaths and some assists, and a mindblowing 12k dmg done (their Ashe had 69k, and I had 9k as Thresh)..

15+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of bad ADCs, just had one of those games..

In the end our Vayne had 2 kills, 15 deaths and some assists, and a mindblowing 12k dmg done (their Ashe had 69k, and I had 9k as Thresh)..
    Vayne players often assume they will win duels - even when it didn't work last time. Vayne players, in general, are a nightmare ><

When Ashe pops her God Mode you run, I don't care if you are Vayne with your ult up - you run.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I decided to play a quick bot game for FWTD... and we all got wrecked. Of course we still won cause bots but goddamn.

Fucking Rammus bot ended 10/3/11 or something. How is it so strong?

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Vayne players often assume they will win duels - even when it didn't work last time. Vayne players, in general, are a nightmare ><

When Ashe pops her God Mode you run, I don't care if you are Vayne with your ult up - you run.
    Yeah, all Ashe had to do against that Vayne was press R, get her stacks, press Q then kill in two shots or so. Vayne never learned that, and kept on trying to 1v1 her.

Quote Originally Posted by DerpyDutchy View Post
    Support Vel'Koz or support Swain. First purchases on either should be money dagger to its middle level, sight stone, then full AP, selling off your money dagger to buy your last item.
    RETH

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Support Vel'Koz or support Swain. First purchases on either should be money dagger to its middle level, sight stone, then full AP, selling off your money dagger to buy your last item.
    Support Annie works too

10+ Year Old Account
    Support Olaf because fuck you that's why
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Editos View Post
    Support Annie works too
    I wish I could play Annie ;_; I'm more comfortable in the guise of a maniacal eye demon or a raven monster
    RETH

TFW your Support DC's and you get literally 0 help/communication from the rest of your team. Feels bad.

feeders, feeders everywhere!

"Duo bot" they said.

"Duo bot, will carry" they said.

"It'll be fun" they said.

"Don't worry we got this" they said.

15+ Year Old Account
    Eh, they look like a very visible part of the problem - but there are a lot of weird bits to that match.

Like the 6/18 Khazix is feeding harder than either of them, and having a Jungler feed is worse than pretty much any other position - because a way behind Jungler means every lane gets shitty ganks / if not distributed feeding (free Kha kills whenever he shows up and fails to gank). He also has IE on Khazix which is a not-great rush choice, then he built another IE - because he wanted to compound not-great with terrible.

Your next best player on your team is a Teemo with hurricane who appeared to just farm top most of the game (fairly high CS despite enemy top controlling lane means he probably ~never left top). Your enemy team doesn't have much melee either, which would be the only remotely okay reason to go Nashors+Hurricane Teemo: if you were fighting a 3-4 melee team. But that's Singed/Evelynn - both of which hardly count - because Singed DGAF, and Evelynn is invisible until she's inside you from behind (particularly as Teemo).

So you snowballed as Fizz and got kills (hard to judge) - but really everyone else on your team made big mistakes even just from seeing that scoreboard. Plus, game ended when you had just finished your full-buy - along with the enemy bot lane - but if it had gone on any less or any longer - the gold differential between you+ashe+lux would be less, and presumably all three of your scores would equalize with the rest of your teams as the relative advantage of the snowballs start to slide.

Not saying I don't sympathize - because as a Jungle main, and someone who has almost never raged in any video game in 25 years of gaming - when someone insists on being jungle, then is positively horrid - my blood pressure definitely rises. First-time Junglers who just bought Kindred lately.... lost a promo series to that twice in a row on Saturday, to two different "guys I just bought Kindred, never jungled before, but I'm early pick so I'm doing this". Good times

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Eh, they look like a very visible part of the problem - but there are a lot of weird bits to that match.

Like the 6/18 Khazix is feeding harder than either of them, and having a Jungler feed is worse than pretty much any other position - because a way behind Jungler means every lane gets shitty ganks / if not distributed feeding (free Kha kills whenever he shows up and fails to gank). He also has IE on Khazix which is a not-great rush choice, then he built another IE - because he wanted to compound not-great with terrible.

Your next best player on your team is a Teemo with hurricane who appeared to just farm top most of the game (fairly high CS despite enemy top controlling lane means he probably ~never left top). Your enemy team doesn't have much melee either, which would be the only remotely okay reason to go Nashors+Hurricane Teemo: if you were fighting a 3-4 melee team. But that's Singed/Evelynn - both of which hardly count - because Singed DGAF, and Evelynn is invisible until she's inside you from behind (particularly as Teemo).

So you snowballed as Fizz and got kills (hard to judge) - but really everyone else on your team made big mistakes even just from seeing that scoreboard. Plus, game ended when you had just finished your full-buy - along with the enemy bot lane - but if it had gone on any less or any longer - the gold differential between you+ashe+lux would be less, and presumably all three of your scores would equalize with the rest of your teams as the relative advantage of the snowballs start to slide.

Not saying I don't sympathize - because as a Jungle main, and someone who has almost never raged in any video game in 25 years of gaming - when someone insists on being jungle, then is positively horrid - my blood pressure definitely rises. First-time Junglers who just bought Kindred lately.... lost a promo series to that twice in a row on Saturday, to two different "guys I just bought Kindred, never jungled before, but I'm early pick so I'm doing this". Good times
    All around the game was satan, but unfortunately Ashe and Blitz fed crazily at the start of the game; Khazix was on some next level feed, Teemo did weird Teemo things all game, and I slaughtered the Ahri for the entirety of the game. Yes, it's absolutely frustrating when you want to play a lane and receive falsified promises of "god tier play" which results in the great feast for the enemy team.

Oh my god. Yes, nothing is better than new champions coming out and people playing it in Ranked queues. That is my favorite. Even better is when people watch Nightblue play Bard in the jungle and then say, "Hey, I know what's a good idea! Jungle Bard! Nightblue did it, so can I!"

Deleted
    Know this isn't really the right place but I just had a beautiful ARAM game, my first win in the last 11 (Non-custom) games.

Got a team of Braum (Me), Vel'koz, Malphite, Viktor and Fiddlesticks
    vs. Corki, Wukong, Nasus, Garen, Vayne

Saw they were all building AD but Corki was going AP, so I just made it my mission to completely ruin his day by blocking every single rocket he ever fired.
    Then after that made myself a Zeke's to buff Fiddle's already insane ARAM damage even further.

By the end Fiddles was getting every single kill (Even got a Penta at one point), without dying because I just facetanked everything and only used shield to stop the "big" rockets from Corki.
    To top it off, Malphite went full tank too, and Velk and Viktor were a kiting force to be reckoned with. So me and Fiddles jumped in with our ults to weed them out, usually killed AT LEAST 3-4 of them while the other 3 got to the other side of them, and curb stomped them when they tried to flash/run away.

Truly incredible. 10/10 Would troll Corki again.