1. #2541
    3 days nothing but the dumbest people you could meet in LoL. In 3 days I have lost 2 weeks worth of work.... Now I think I actually will quit...I just don't want to try and regain all that rating again.
    Last edited by Pandragon; 2013-01-24 at 11:20 AM.
    I'm the minister of mistakes. I'm the shaman of sh*tstorms. If there was a f**k-up pope. I'd have a 3 foot hat!

    When arguing online I like to use big words. Because by the time they're done googling it, they have forgotten what their point was.

  2. #2542
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    775
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    3 days nothing but the dumbest people you could meet in LoL. In 3 days I have lost 2 weeks worth of work.... Now I think I actually will quit...I just don't want to try and regain all that rating again.
    I wouldn't take it so super-seriously, I know it sucks to loose a lot of rating but since they're going to remake the rankingsystem anyways it doesn't feel like it's as bad to me anymore. I mean sure, I don't like loosing a lot of rating either, but atleast I can have that as some kind of comfort while I lick my wounds.

  3. #2543
    Herald of the Titans Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Warsaw
    Posts
    2,867
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotech View Post
    I wouldn't take it so super-seriously, I know it sucks to loose a lot of rating but since they're going to remake the rankingsystem anyways it doesn't feel like it's as bad to me anymore. I mean sure, I don't like loosing a lot of rating either, but atleast I can have that as some kind of comfort while I lick my wounds.
    This impending remake might be the reason for an increase in trolls, just like after the season 2 had ended. >.>
    "Defending a position by citing free speech is the ultimate concession: you're saying that literally the most compelling thing you can say for it is that it's not illegal to express."

  4. #2544
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    775
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    This impending remake might be the reason for an increase in trolls, just like after the season 2 had ended. >.>
    Maybe, maybe not. I wonder if there'll be anything that sets higher elo players ahead of the curve once it's implemented. Just like when Season 2 was implemented everyone had their elo reduced but not to a certain elo so higher elo players still had higher elo once season 2 started.
    Because then it'd atleast be a reason to try and "keep" your elo as high as possible before it swaps.

    Personally I wouldn't mind if everyone was brought down, I'm not that high of an elo player, but I don't see myself as a bad player per se, I can play well in team synergy and such, but I'm not really good at carrying a game so I have a hard time climbing in elo if I don't have a duo partner. Atleast players "like me" might have a chance to work their way up a bit easier. Although idk, I guess I might be a worse player than I actually think if I don't fall into the kind of player that can take a game and win it "single-handedly".

  5. #2545
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Well, she's got the highest burst damage in the game at level 6, I'd go as far to say its a bit faceroll, you just press your buttons and instagib someone.
    Good, good. I need more players finding it faceroll instead of looking what they are doing wrong :d.

    Just a free tip. Most of killing in lane is possible only if I can setup E stun with Q ready to follow. Problem is that if you just Q-E right away, you'll either push them away due to nature of E, or don't have enough damage if you Q in air to setup stun. You have to rotate around ready sphere and do whole combo at once.

    It still works because people take those spheres just as visual scenery with no importance to them.

  6. #2546
    10/3/8 on irelia, completely shut down riven top lane and the team throws like the world is ending -.- why does anyone run through the jungle solo when the enemy team isnt on the map?

    "Scientists explore what is; engineers create what has not been." -Theodore Von Karman

  7. #2547
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotech View Post
    I wouldn't take it so super-seriously, I know it sucks to loose a lot of rating but since they're going to remake the rankingsystem anyways it doesn't feel like it's as bad to me anymore. I mean sure, I don't like loosing a lot of rating either, but atleast I can have that as some kind of comfort while I lick my wounds.
    really? I just got reported 4 times in my last game.

    Teemo goes ap top vs Yorick.
    Ezreal rushes BT and BC cause he saw a pro do it.
    Nid Support build nothing for support, and doesnt buy any wards.

    I build MR cause the Diana mid and Fiddle jungle got fed. The team reports me for "sucking" even though I had the second most kills, and for my build. Who knows if the enemy team reported me. They verbally abused me the entire game. But I know I'll be punished in the tribunal. Hundreds of dollars I have spent on this game, and I'm going to lose it all cause the Tribunal is controlled by the same type of people who QQ and report everyone else cause they don't know how to play themselves.

    Another loss. Went top Panth, ganked mid 4 or 5 times resulting in kills on the Karthus. Every gank Kat would leap on him before I attacked getting herself killed. Blamed me. My bot lane fed. I was 6/0 by 10 mins.
    Last edited by Pandragon; 2013-01-25 at 05:18 AM.
    I'm the minister of mistakes. I'm the shaman of sh*tstorms. If there was a f**k-up pope. I'd have a 3 foot hat!

    When arguing online I like to use big words. Because by the time they're done googling it, they have forgotten what their point was.

  8. #2548
    Elemental Lord Duilliath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Moonglade
    Posts
    8,157
    Feel free to show us the report when you do wind up in Tribunal, Pandragon. Till then I'll not say anything about this rant.

  9. #2549
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    really? I just got reported 4 times in my last game.

    Teemo goes ap top vs Yorick.
    Ezreal rushes BT and BC cause he saw a pro do it.
    Nid Support build nothing for support, and doesnt buy any wards.

    I build MR cause the Diana mid and Fiddle jungle got fed. The team reports me for "sucking" even though I had the second most kills, and for my build. Who knows if the enemy team reported me. They verbally abused me the entire game. But I know I'll be punished in the tribunal. Hundreds of dollars I have spent on this game, and I'm going to lose it all cause the Tribunal is controlled by the same type of people who QQ and report everyone else cause they don't know how to play themselves.

    Another loss. Went top Panth, ganked mid 4 or 5 times resulting in kills on the Karthus. Every gank Kat would leap on him before I attacked getting herself killed. Blamed me. My bot lane fed. I was 6/0 by 10 mins.
    If you refrained from using any sort of offensive language or flaming in return, you'll be fine. I can count hundreds of games where people spout profanities and shout "REPORTED!!~~~". I don't swear in games, I might just react a bit sarcastically at best. I have yet to see a single e-mail from the Tribunal.

    Remember: the most used word by people who get banned by the tribunal is "reported".

  10. #2550
    Just had my first ever penta stolen by a fucking Nunu support..

    aswehf2[9 ry4=3489yv47 n1] 3WEF OQW4-V714 V12H39`8U3 VFNSDERUFQ 093URE ]PV2U3=`N

    My head now hurts

    ne porvivajo nur mortigi tempo

  11. #2551
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybr1d View Post
    If you refrained from using any sort of offensive language or flaming in return, you'll be fine. I can count hundreds of games where people spout profanities and shout "REPORTED!!~~~". I don't swear in games, I might just react a bit sarcastically at best. I have yet to see a single e-mail from the Tribunal.

    Remember: the most used word by people who get banned by the tribunal is "reported".
    Yeah well luck always goes against me. My luck I'll get a bunch of people at that moment to see my games and hit punish. Maybe it's for the best, it will make me quit.
    I'm the minister of mistakes. I'm the shaman of sh*tstorms. If there was a f**k-up pope. I'd have a 3 foot hat!

    When arguing online I like to use big words. Because by the time they're done googling it, they have forgotten what their point was.

  12. #2552
    Second game in 2 weeks where a fucking Draven has thrown a game by going Rambo 1v5.

    I HATE supporting.

    Now down to 941 elo, fucking spiffing.

    ne porvivajo nur mortigi tempo

  13. #2553
    Quote Originally Posted by Farolok View Post
    Second game in 2 weeks where a fucking Draven has thrown a game by going Rambo 1v5.

    I HATE supporting.

    Now down to 941 elo, fucking spiffing.
    I was 977 3 days ago. now I'm 840.
    I'm the minister of mistakes. I'm the shaman of sh*tstorms. If there was a f**k-up pope. I'd have a 3 foot hat!

    When arguing online I like to use big words. Because by the time they're done googling it, they have forgotten what their point was.

  14. #2554
    Quote Originally Posted by Farolok View Post
    Second game in 2 weeks where a fucking Draven has thrown a game by going Rambo 1v5.

    I HATE supporting.

    Now down to 941 elo, fucking spiffing.
    All really play is support. Was 1015 couple of days ago, now 968.
    League of Legends Porkchop Express 30 NA

  15. #2555
    Bloodsail Admiral Rinoa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In an igloo.
    Posts
    1,172
    I am a total noob to ranked - never played it before as I just hit level 30. What kind of ELO does one start with, and what's considered 'ok' for a not-so-serious player?

  16. #2556
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    690
    Getting out of the 1200 range is usually ok iv found.
    i dont really play seriously but im clocking a good 8-10 Elo games a week max, and im pushing towards 1400 elo at the moment.

    Speaking of bad games. open to a "im going mid- Because fuck you thats why" after the other 3 in the team and myself have picked lanes. (called ahri mid)
    The same guy (who is not basically told suck it up your not going mid) then priceeds to give smartass comments how "not to feed akali mid"
    10 mins in, im 2/0/1 (1 on alaki others on a bad jungler) and the roaming begins. Run down to support bot, they all charge in and alaki whomps them down, i mop up the AD carry and support and "R" out.
    Again top lane with jungle piles in, the carry TP's right in and get destroyed. Top starts giving it "omg mid feeding akali" (im on 0 deaths at this point but apparently - Fuck logic)
    This continues for another 15 mins with the support trying desperatly to protect a rambo ADC, the jungler trying to protect a top who doesn't seem to have a health bar enabled, and myself trying to be in 5 places at once. Akali contines to snipe kills (despite me counering as best i can) and is 12+ kills up b this point. Team surrender- Toplane flaming "bad mid should have let me go instead" -.-
    So glad im lucky to get one of these idiots every 1 in 10 games if im lucky, otherwise i would be going postal by now.

  17. #2557
    I am Murloc! Grading's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Senkai
    Posts
    5,331
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinoa View Post
    I am a total noob to ranked - never played it before as I just hit level 30. What kind of ELO does one start with, and what's considered 'ok' for a not-so-serious player?
    1200, the first matches are to place you in the correct rating, after that you do matches to increase it.

    Getting gold (1500) is probably fine for non-serious players.

  18. #2558
    So angry.

    Playing Rengar jungle with a few friends on Skype, we had a random Brand. This guy threw the game on his own.

    We invade their jungle, force them away and get a free Blue, great huh? Wrong. I asked for a Smiteless blue so I could get Red asap and gank a lane, when the Golem drops below 200 health I see a massive pillar of Fire erupt underneath it. So okay, np. Maybe he misclicked (yeah right). Get my red and level 2, head to top, get First Blood on their Singed without even using Flash, proceed to gank Bot 3 times and end up with 6/0/1 after the laning phase ended.

    By then, our Brand had fed 4 kills to Diana and gotten one himself, he never responded and often just stood underneath his turret or missed with his Q/W. Once the laning phase was over, he always seemed on the opposite side of the map, had no team fight presence and just in general sucked and blamed everything on me (Apparently I'm never in team fights despite building semi-tank for them just so I can initiate.)

    We head in to really late game (50+ mins) everyone has their full builds and we have a huge advantage due to comp, we won some 4v5 team fights while contesting for Baron, still this Brand insisted on just fapping across the map.

    Now we're at 56 mins, at their base. EVERYONE (including Brand) is here. This is the fight which will make or break the game, I say I am initiating in chat and everyone is starting to get ready, ult, jump on their Diana "Enemy Triple Kill!", apparently Brand had ADD and decided to run off after casting his ult (which was on their tank in the middle of nowhere might I add).



    /sigh

    Offtopic: Thresh's lantern is absolutely amazing if they know how to place it. Game changing mechanic.
    Last edited by hasslehoof; 2013-01-26 at 03:47 AM.

  19. #2559
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Near the Red Buff
    Posts
    2,015
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinoa View Post
    I am a total noob to ranked - never played it before as I just hit level 30. What kind of ELO does one start with, and what's considered 'ok' for a not-so-serious player?
    I'd recommend waiting until you get full runepages and learn the basics of everything; and how to play against the other ADCarries (Such as MF and Varus which I know you have trouble against).

    Also learn more champions!

    It's hard to say what's considered 'ok' for a non-serious guy; I know guys who are 1800+ but aren't playing more than casually, they're just really good at PvP'ing. Then there's guys who are 1200 but are super-serious about the game. It's not like WoW-PvE where you won't get World Firsts without being a serious guild. It doesn't matter how serious you are, or how casual you play. All comes down to skill.
    Last edited by Sivalion; 2013-01-26 at 06:53 AM.

  20. #2560
    I am Murloc! Thallidomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    5,787
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinoa View Post
    I am a total noob to ranked - never played it before as I just hit level 30. What kind of ELO does one start with, and what's considered 'ok' for a not-so-serious player?
    People start off at the 1200 range in Ranked, and the first 10 games played have a larger ELO change to put you in your "supposed" ELO.

    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •