Page 5 of 365 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
15
55
105
... LastLast
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    That's just why it annoys me, because she can basically not do that much at all.
    Quite frankly, if they just gave her an escape-mechanism, I'd be happy.
    You make no sense, you tell us she's easy to play good. Then want to give her an escape-mechanism. Ashe perhaps does less damage because she only has 1 source of damage and that's autoattacks. Near mid/end-game her W doesn't do damage anymore, her E doesn't do damage, her Q doesn't do damage and her ulti barely does any damage. Every other AD carry has some sort of extra skills: headshots, energy balls, condemn, true damage etc. But they don't have anywhere near the (AoE) CC that Ashe has.

    I don't see how you can jsut shut her down early game though, just play her defensive, harass only when you know you can win the trade, W harass which does relative nice damage and barely cost any mana, and like in any lane: don't make an easy gank target. Once you're 6 you can basically help every lane with your ulti. Your own lane suddenly has permaslow combined with that ulti, which is brilliant to set-up ganks.

  2. #82
    I am Murloc! Grading's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Myouren Temple
    Posts
    5,356
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    You make no sense, you tell us she's easy to play good. Then want to give her an escape-mechanism. Ashe perhaps does less damage because she only has 1 source of damage and that's autoattacks. Near mid/end-game her W doesn't do damage anymore, her E doesn't do damage, her Q doesn't do damage and her ulti barely does any damage. Every other AD carry has some sort of extra skills: headshots, energy balls, condemn, true damage etc. But they don't have anywhere near the (AoE) CC that Ashe has.
    What I mean is that she's easy to play well for what she does. Which isn't much.

    I mean, to be honest, it's just me being more annoyed that I can't reach her, than that there is something wrong with her. But I still think it's stupid how little she can actually do.

    It just seems that she's "hard to play" because of the lack of abilities, rather than the difficulty of using them. Then again, difficulty with such things are complicated... According to Riot, Cassiopeia has a 100 difficulty rating, but to be honest, I think certain other champions WAY more difficult to play. All it seems you do as Cassiopeia, is poison people and spam Twin Fangs.

  3. #83
    Immortal Bombkirby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA - Boston, MA
    Posts
    6,995
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    "Are you a pre-made-fuck-up bot lane, because my last 3 botlanes couldn't stop feeding".
    I'm sorry but these kinds of smart comments do nothing but ruin the bond between teammates. And its the FIRST thing that soooome people usually say.

    ---------- Post added 2012-04-11 at 01:01 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    It just seems that she's "hard to play" because of the lack of abilities, rather than the difficulty of using them. Then again, difficulty with such things are complicated... According to Riot, Cassiopeia has a 100 difficulty rating, but to be honest, I think certain other champions WAY more difficult to play. All it seems you do as Cassiopeia, is poison people and spam Twin Fangs.
    I can understand Cass' difficulty. She came to me right away, but its the fact that she has to go offensive to use Twin Fangs properly. Usually casters want to stay away at max range, but you have to really rush at people and chase them down which goes completely against her squishiness and no reliable escape mechanism. So you gotta be extra aware of your surrounding, and your opponent so you know when its safe to mow them down and when to play it safe. Not to mention she has an ult that can half-fail even when you move into a range where you can die easily.

  4. #84
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    87
    I.Hate.Karthus's.Ultimate. /Rage

  5. #85
    High Overlord AppleBobApple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Nostalgia Zone
    Posts
    154
    Im only leaving one thing here for now.
    You know you are going to lose when your jungler is xerath.

  6. #86
    I just gotta tell about this game I had 2 days ago:
    1) Someone instalocks Blitz and yells "TNAK!"
    2) Another locks Ali "I tank"
    3) A bit later the third guy locks Leona and says nothing
    4) I wait a bit and ask if the fourth teammate can do mid, and seeing he picks Veigar I go for jungle hoping I can salvage something out of this.
    5) The guy switches to Wukong I believe and says... Yup, you guessed it. "No I tank"

    Game starts:
    ALL 4 go top lane (this is when the trolly scent start invading my senses. I know, I was a bit slow) saying how they are going to "Rape their top". They do get FB, but 2 of them die to the tower. For the next 10 minutes they keep trolling on /all how they all get xp from the creeps and this is some kind of über tactic, and basically just feed and yell at me for not ganking, etc etc. They don't overly feed the opponents' 2 toppers, because at 20 minutes in they start to play well enough that the other team can't win too fast, and all my /surrenders would just be wasted as they are obviously a premade troll party. I was ~3/3/0 at that point, as they were roaming around in their own group deliberately avoiding me, but this made prolonging the game easier, as they'd only fed 2 guys, and the rest had to survive on creep kills. Game lasts for ~38 minutes, and because I'm stupid and won't leave games (especially if it gives a 4 man premade the opportunity to report me without me being able to do anything), this is just torture...

    At ~15 minutes I just ask the other team to not get into their /all trolling attempts, and finally the chat finally quiets down, even though they try to get people in on their senseless BS. I also ask the opposing team to report them all, but after the game ends, and I start to fill in reports, the whole team leaves the chat room, obviously not reporting a single one of them... Why is it so hard to report opposing teams' trolls/feeders/idiots? Do people really want them on their team later on? I wrote a longish report on everyone, and just hope that it's enough to get them out for a while, but...

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    What I mean is that she's easy to play well for what she does. Which isn't much.

    I mean, to be honest, it's just me being more annoyed that I can't reach her, than that there is something wrong with her. But I still think it's stupid how little she can actually do.

    It just seems that she's "hard to play" because of the lack of abilities, rather than the difficulty of using them. Then again, difficulty with such things are complicated... According to Riot, Cassiopeia has a 100 difficulty rating, but to be honest, I think certain other champions WAY more difficult to play. All it seems you do as Cassiopeia, is poison people and spam Twin Fangs.
    Again, why do people think Ashe does little? If anything she brings more to a team then most other AD carries who only focus on killing things asap. It's her lack of any sort of reliable escape that makes her hard to play. Especially in a game which is a lot about CC'ing properly. Cass is quite the same, all her spells are basically skillshots, she doesn't have a reliable escape, has to be quite close for twin fang, ... It's not hard to play, it's hard to master. And that is a gigantic difference compared to a normal Cass. The same for Ashe really.

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurawin View Post
    I just dodged my first queue. 2nd pick calls jungle first pick locks in shaco and says he is jungling second pick locks in jungle and says fuck him he's jungling. so they decided on two junglers and im sorry but no. why doesnt everyone in ranked want to actually win rather than have fun. ranked is not for fun its for competing. go play normal blind pick for fun and gtfo ranked...
    I'm of the same but reverse opinion. Ticks me off superbad when people get all seriousface in non-ranked games. I specifically *don't* play ranked for the reasons you describe. I do like to win, but I'm more there to play and have a good time, so I play normal. Actaully, I think my last several games have been AI games just so I didn't have to put up with Mr. Try Hard But Not Good Enough For Ranked.

  9. #89
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Oxfordshire, UK
    Posts
    2,542
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    I just need to vent one thing.

    F*** ASHE AND HER SLOWING ARROW BULLSHIT

    I've lost all my games today except one. Why is Ashe so god damn popular? Is it because she's good? Easy to play? People think she's cool? She pisses me off.

    I mean, I don't wanna sound like a baby, but Ashe is the root of evil in LoL for me. I just can't take her. She prevents all justice for me.
    Allow me to tell you the reason.

    Ashe is probably the single best solo queue AD carry. There are a few reasons for this, but it all boils down to she gives you more control than other AD carries.

    You see, here's something that most bruisers don't seem to know. Your job isn't just running round in a teamfight trying to hit things. A huge part of your job is to peel from the AD carry. If everyone keeps everyone off the AD carry, they can literally stand there and kill everything.

    However, Ashe has slow arrows, so, while peels are nice, you can survive and kite without them.

    Her ultimate is also an initiation tool, so you can also choose when to initiate with Ashe, instead of waiting for everyone else to see that it's a 5v3 on our side and we should maybe consider going in.

    In short, its not that she's easy, and it annoys me that you say that. AD carries are ALL incredibly difficult, yes, you just right click on people bla bla, but here's the thing, if you are out of position on an ad carry even slightly, not only are you dead, but you just lost the game because of your death. Death of the AD carry usually = gameover lategame. For that reason no ad carry is OMG EZ MODE.
    Last edited by Darkdruidelf; 2012-04-11 at 10:24 AM.
    Cho’Gall: Cairne Bloodhoof is dead? Did we kill him?
    Deathwing: No. The Grimtotems weakened him with poison, and then Garrosh accidentally hacked him to death with an axe during a heated political discussion.
    Cho’Gall: How do you accidentally kill someone with an axe?

  10. #90
    Pandaren Monk Kurdiern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    CA-LI-FORNIA GIRLS, I'M IRRESISTABLE!
    Posts
    1,849
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkdruidelf View Post
    Allow me to tell you the reason.

    Ashe is probably the single best solo queue AD carry. There are a few reasons for this, but it all boils down to she gives you more control than other AD carries.

    You see, here's something that most bruisers don't seem to know. Your job isn't just running round in a teamfight trying to hit things. A huge part of your job is to peel from the AD carry. If everyone keeps everyone off the AD carry, they can literally stand there and kill everything.

    However, Ashe has slow arrows, so, while peels are nice, you can survive and kite without them.

    Her ultimate is also an initiation tool, so you can also choose when to initiate with Ashe, instead of waiting for everyone else to see that it's a 5v3 on our side and we should maybe consider going in.

    In short, its not that she's easy, and it annoys me that you say that. AD carries are ALL incredibly difficult, yes, you just right click on people bla bla, but here's the thing, if you are out of position on an ad carry even slightly, not only are you dead, but you just lost the game because of your death. Death of the AD carry usually = gameover lategame. For that reason no ad carry is OMG EZ MODE.
    Funny, I consider her the worst solo que carry. No escapes, and while her arrows are good for kiting, if she gets jumped on (Which she most likely will due to every bruiser/assassin having a gap closer) she has nothing to escape with aside from flash. She needs a team to protect her which in solo que is rare as hell to come by (Most people tunnel vision and don't peel at all). Her arrows require coordination to use since unless you hit that arrow from a decent range, most people will react to slow. Compared to Tristana (Innate escape, highest range, best 6-slot AD carry) or Caitlyn (Very safe range, good early game poke, reliable escape w/net), I find her to be the worst for solo que and the most difficult to pull off correctly since you really need to be on top of your shit.

  11. #91
    Bloodsail Admiral Sileh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    K-ON!!
    Posts
    1,056
    Just had a Yorick in my team go 0/5/0 top against Riven

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    Funny, I consider her the worst solo que carry. No escapes, and while her arrows are good for kiting, if she gets jumped on (Which she most likely will due to every bruiser/assassin having a gap closer) she has nothing to escape with aside from flash. She needs a team to protect her which in solo que is rare as hell to come by (Most people tunnel vision and don't peel at all). Her arrows require coordination to use since unless you hit that arrow from a decent range, most people will react to slow. Compared to Tristana (Innate escape, highest range, best 6-slot AD carry) or Caitlyn (Very safe range, good early game poke, reliable escape w/net), I find her to be the worst for solo que and the most difficult to pull off correctly since you really need to be on top of your shit.
    To me this sounds like you have problems playing Ashe compared to other AD carries, which has little to do with how good she is in solo queue, but rather how good you are with Ashe.

  13. #93
    Just had an enemy team comprimising of Rammus, Leona, Shen, Nautilus and Amumu, whereas my team was 3/5 assasins such as Leblanc, Talon and Kat. It was a horrible game indeed. The way they just disabled us completely and seeing their hp barely drops makes me tear.

  14. #94
    Been playing more and more Lee Sin lately; I jungle with him. My games have been terrible all day, because all of my lanes push them to the tower, AND managed to get out harassed. They get ganked because they don't have a ward, even though I pinged and warned them out of instinct. They get rolled over and blame me for not ganking.

    Moral of the story: DON'T PUSH WITHOUT A WARD. Focus on last hitting and harassing. When you want a gank, let them push so I can actually gank them.

    More important stuff:
    I can't gank a lane when you initiate at full hp and skirmish until you get killed. Harass them low, ping for me, I'll help. I have map awareness, but I'm not psychic.

    It also helps for you to counter ward. If you buy a vision ward, and take out their ward, you only spend an extra 25g and it allows me to gank. If they have a ward, I'm not gonna be able to get a successful gank unless they have no map awareness.

    Buy some goddamned wards. Seriously. I end up buying ALL the wards in games these days. Spending 1.5kg on wards really puts me back. I don't mind buying wards, but lanes should be able to buy their own wards. I usually ward jungle entrances and enemy buffs, but having to buy lanes wards because they get themselves ganked costs me too much early game gold.
    Last edited by Omalikular; 2012-04-11 at 10:11 PM.

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Omalikular View Post
    Been playing more and more Lee Sin lately; I jungle with him. My games have been terrible all day, because all of my lanes push them to the tower, AND managed to get out harassed. They get ganked because they don't have a ward, even though I pinged and warned them out of instinct. They get rolled over and blame me for not ganking.

    Moral of the story: DON'T PUSH WITHOUT A WARD. Focus on last hitting and harassing. When you want a gank, let them push so I can actually gank them.

    More important stuff:
    I can't gank a lane when you initiate at full hp and skirmish until you get killed. Harass them low, ping for me, I'll help. I have map awareness, but I'm not psychic.

    It also helps for you to counter ward. If you buy a vision ward, and take out their ward, you only spend an extra 25g and it allows me to gank. If they have a ward, I'm not gonna be able to get a successful gank unless they have no map awareness.

    Buy some goddamned wards. Seriously. I end up buying ALL the wards in games these days. Spending 1.5kg on wards really puts me back. I don't mind buying wards, but lanes should be able to buy their own wards. I usually ward jungle entrances and enemy buffs, but having to buy lanes wards because they get themselves ganked costs me too much early game gold.
    On the contrary, jungling is only fun when the enemy doesn't ward!

    It sucks when you play a match and all the key ganking spots are warded. But yes, when i lane, i do ward my own lane.

  16. #96
    Pit Lord Malgru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    My computer chair
    Posts
    2,469
    Everyone blame the jungler.

    Just do it. It's logical.

  17. #97
    Dreadlord Anthoren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    957
    Why are people so stupid, I got a jarvan support today, who had no idea what they were doing, it was fucking pathetic, i cannot even comprehend how mad i am, and then just....ugh.......I hate people.

  18. #98
    Pandaren Monk Kurdiern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    CA-LI-FORNIA GIRLS, I'M IRRESISTABLE!
    Posts
    1,849
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    To me this sounds like you have problems playing Ashe compared to other AD carries, which has little to do with how good she is in solo queue, but rather how good you are with Ashe.
    It's not how I play her compared to other AD Carries, it's what she lacks compared to them. It's more of the fact you have to rely more on your team with Ashe unlike other AD carrys. She has no repositioning/escaping skills (Tumble, Net...), a low base move speed, no innate steroids (aside from passive which is rather garbage honestly), and arrows that are great for kiting but don't do shit if you've been jumped by that Bruiser w/a slow/snare (That most all have). Her arrow is great for initiation, but a team needs to be on the ball and ready to jump on that shit. You simply have to rely more on your team while playing Ashe compared to other AD's and in solo que, that can be very very hit or miss. Nothing to do with how I play Ashe, I play her like any other AD just with even more emphasis on proper positioning because she's so fragile & team communication.
    Last edited by Kurdiern; 2012-04-12 at 03:14 AM.

  19. #99
    Just had one of those games....

    Tryd (me) and Rammus go top

    we manage to get 6 kills, ramus stole ALL of them...

    so i struggle somewhat to get my equip going, later down the road, he starts a flammewar with the oposing team, and i just throw in, well, whatever you may be, you aint a good tank....

    so he responds: LOOOLL i got sooo many kills! You just suck!!

    i mean, yeah shure....

    my tank steals my kills and leaves me somewhat dead in the water, item wise, and then thinks that makes a point o_O

  20. #100
    Moderator Axethor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Elchea Library
    Posts
    3,600
    This is why I fucking jungle in solo q. Can't trust anyone else to do it right. Jungle Udyr, normally a strong pick as I love to play Udyr in the jungle. Goes Tiger stance which is vastly inferior to Phoenix in the jungle. Buys a wriggles with is a terrible item on Udyr. Never ganks then when me and Vlad are losing our lane because the Shaco does know how to gank he has the audacity to blame us. Did I mention he was first pick and banned Warwick instead of Shaco? Fucking terrible.

    Axethor - level 90 UH/Blood DK
    Raelof - level 90 BM Hunter

    Steam | Twitter

    LoL Forum Mod | General Forum FAQ

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •