Thread: Lol or Wow?

Lol or Wow?

Give honest opinions. I wanna know what the majority prefers.

i7-6700K @4.9Ghz || Asus Maximus VIII Hero || Kingston 32GB @3200Mhz|| GTX 780ti OC (x2) || Intel NVMe PCIe SSD 400GB || Corsair 1500W || Corsair 900D
    Custom EKWB Cooling Loop

i7-4790K @5.0Ghz || Asus Z97I-PLUS || Kingston 16GB @2400Mhz || Corsair Hydro H100i || GTX 980ti OC || Samsung 840 Pro 256GB || Corsair 650W || Corsair 250D

LoL because i can be imaginative and create my own build with unique runes, masteries, items and be different from everyone else.
    I always like to be different and in WoW is just impossible with all the change removal of any kind of customization.

Bit of a stupid comparison. That's like comparing F1 to Borderlands.
    "A life with no changes can’t be called life. You can only call it experience." Lelouch Vi Britannia
    “Being human totally sucks most of the time. Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable.” Ernest Cline
    IT'S A CHRISTMAS HAT ON MULDER OKAY? I SUCK IN MS PAINT!

Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    Completely different games. LoL is easier if you have little time. WoW is much more fun if you have a lot of time to invest.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

I tried LoL a long time ago. I researched the game, watched some playthroughs, then found a character and style I thought sounded fun.

Then I discovered that said character/style wasn't really viable until you had hit summoner level 30, which required a lot of grinding. Not exactly what I had been looking for in a game with the style of LoL, so I tried looking for more characters.

Did decently my first few matches, then ran into a few issues. Decided to venture onto the forums for help, ran afoul of the community. Was significantly less than pleasant. I expect vitriol everywhere on the internet, but I didn't find anything of particular value outside a few stickied posts to balance it out. In the end, it felt like the cost of dealing with the terrible community, the terrible in-game reactions, and grinding was not worth the potential of truly enjoying the game if and when I finally mastered it.

I also hate the "last hit" mechanic. I'm capable of it, but find it distasteful. If I ever seriously go back to a MOBA, it's likely to be HotS for that reason alone.

The Greatest Country in the World, God Bless
    Yeah, different games and all...

League of Legends used to be really, really fun back around S1/S2/Maybe even S3, but afterward the game continued to get progressively worse (likely due to Tencent) and continues that trend today.

This is coming from someone who played the game almost religiously, played at a relatively high level (Diamond~ during S3) and spent over $1,000.00 on the game over a course of several years.

I definitely will go back to WoW long before I go back to League.
    || CPU: i7 3770k (4.6 GHz) || Cooling: Swiftech H320 X2 || MoBo: MSI Z77a-GD65 || RAM: (8x8) 16GB DDR3 || GPU: PowerColor Radeon R9 Fury X (1140MHz CC/540MHz Mem) || Storage: Mushkin 512GB SSD/(2x)500GB HDDs || Case: Thermaltake Core X71 || PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 PS 80+ PLATINUM ||Displays: BenQ XL2730Z QHD FreeSync Monitor/Seiki SE42UMS/BenQ XL2420T || OS: Ubuntu GNOME 15.10/Wangblows 7 Ultimate ||