I'm pretty fucked and don't know what to do?

So I haven't played League of Legends in three weeks, and I'm a Diamond II player there at best and Diamond on average. Well I've just been playing OW and watching television. I come back to find myself stripped of my mental dexterity, reflexes, and all around skill to a point I've been struggling against silver players in normal warmups. Not only is this depressing as shit because I'm getting deeply frustrated at the prospect of not being able to regain my magic touch, it means my plan of playing League once a month will not stick if I can't hold onto my skills after a few weeks of inactivity. I'm trapped to playing the game daily if I want to maintain the necessary skill to play at my elo, something I've depressingly lost right now.

I'm not sure what to do. I could just quit altogether but a part of my mind refuses to let all my work and learnings decay. And it's killing me from the inside.
    Last edited by Tsugunai; 2016-06-10 at 12:51 AM.

This isn't about video games, also sorry to sound like an ass, but considering this:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...r-games-really

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...it-as-such-now

... and now this, my answer is, you should start a personal blog somewhere.
    AdBlock | Add: mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored | For a proper "ignore user" function.

Make a livejournal about it or something
    Beta Club Brosquad

Two options...

Quit or Git Gud.

Retired | Avatar and Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Two options...

Quit or Git Gud.
    im already good though, if not the top of the brass? I just don't get why it doesn't stick if I don't play.

Because a lot of being good at games is having an instinctual feeling of what to do based on what you're seeing and hearing.
    When you're constantly playing a game those instincts are actively loaded in your RAM and ready to go, when you don't play for a few weeks your computer is dragging the thoughts out of your old 5200rpm storage hard drive bit by bit until it's all loaded in your RAM again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    im already good though, if not the top of the brass? I just don't get why it doesn't stick if I don't play.
    You were good at a time... but people got better while you were gone. Hence the git gud.

Retired | Avatar and Signature by Shyama

perhaps it's similar to other kinds of skill-based activities. if you took weeks off from running or biking or skiing or playing chess or whatever, you lose your conditioning, whether it's physical or cognitive. i wonder if there are any studies of competitive gamers and neuroscience or physical science and performance?

just curious, what role do you play as a main?

I quit for like 6 months or so, and haven't played any ranked in season 5, despite this I managed to very rapidly climb from silver 2 to plat 1 now, closing in on Diamond. It only took me about a week or so to really get back into it. Just keep playing and you'll be fine, but if you're only planning to very ocassionally play a game or two, this will likely keep happening.

If you only play for rating then just play once a month.. You can't lose all those games and even if you do you won't lose that much. If you want to be in shape again you just gotta play more. You will be good in less than a week.

im already good though
    I've been struggling against silver players
    Choose one.

Tbh this is a weird story. Diamond 2 but suddenly can't win against anyone? Sounds fishy to me.

Sure if you don't play you'll perform a bit worse, but if you're consistently at high diamond, it should take you like 3 games to get back into the game ..

do you main hanzo or torbion? neither technicly needs to aim so you have probs grown complaicent!

I'm a Diamond 5 ADC main na.op.gg/summoner/userName=superficial (doesn't matter I know, I have smurf win rate though) and honestly feel extremely rusty if I step away from the game for even a week, maybe not to that level though. Mechanically I fall apart with inactivity. I'm amazed I can play my 1 game a month to prevent decay and do decently

This game absolutely requires constant practice to maintain mechanics. One of the most crucial aspects of the game occurs during early game laning. You must pay respects to the champion matchups, and you absolutely have to know what you auto-attack damage is to secure a creep kill. The former changes between patches frequently and the latter is gained through repetition. Playing different champions of the same role will give you the knowledge of the champion match ups but will require practice with auto attack timing to secure the creep gold every game.

Cheers,
    Astro