Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Spectral Guise replacement?

Hey guys, sorry that I'm so new to the whole priest MoP scene I see Spectral Guise doesn't exist anymore. Do we know if Blizzard plans on replacing this, or is priest just not going to have a cool Lvl 87 spell like the other classes?

Also, where can I view the most up-to-date talent trees. Thank you guys so much!

Afaik it has been removed but it still in game files so it may come back. About talent calculators try http://mop.wowhead.com/mists-of-pand...t-calculator#p this one, but it still doesn't include datamined talent changes so in addition check first page of MMO-Champion often.

As of the latest beta build from today it is still our lvl 87 spell.
    <inactive>

Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post
    As of the latest beta build from today it is still our lvl 87 spell.
    Too bad...

I'm still hoping they'll either put Vow of Unity or Vampiric Dominance in it's place.

I still don't understand what this spell does... Isn't it a PvP survivability spell?

So let me get this straight: our big goodies for PvE healing is Halo (seems very unfeasible and ineffective since maximum heals require a 30 yard range), Cascade (kind of cool looking but doesn't really add anything new to the table), and Spectral Guise (a PvP spell)?

Druids and Shammies get such cool new stuff...

I know spectral guise not useful for pve, but I want it for pvp. but it needs a buff, change 3 direct special attacks to break invisibility.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saladface View Post
    I still don't understand what this spell does... Isn't it a PvP survivability spell?

So let me get this straight: our big goodies for PvE healing is Halo (seems very unfeasible and ineffective since maximum heals require a 30 yard range), Cascade (kind of cool looking but doesn't really add anything new to the table), and Spectral Guise (a PvP spell)?

I dont want to sound arrogant but this qq start to annoy me.I have no idea how effective spectral guise is but it's about time priests who pvp get some sort of escape mechanic to stand for their own rather than babysited the whole time.

I didn't say to get rid of that spell. I just said that it would be nice if PvE healers got something a little more concrete. Calm yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Saladface View Post

Agree with everything, and even though I'm more in the Spectral-Guise-looks-sweet camp I also think it's very underwhelming for our big new level 87 spell. Hoping for some real Priest love soon.

I literally have no idea what Spectral Guise is supposed to do.

I'm not QQing or anything, I honestly can't think of a use for it. Your body still takes damage (so does that hurt your health?), and you're returned to your body after three hits. What's the benefit of the spell?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Annesh View Post
    Agree with everything, and even though I'm more in the Spectral-Guise-looks-sweet camp I also think it's very underwhelming for our big new level 87 spell. Hoping for some real Priest love soon.
    It's a strange mashup of mirror image and invisibility and may have some pvp and pve uses… but yeah, compared to the other classes' l87 spells this looks
    a) too situational
    b) too defensive
    c) do priests really need another 30s CD defensive tool to get a cast off (like talented fade, glyphed inner focus)?
    d) lack of WOW-factor

Has anyone figured out where halo comes in? Cascade replaces vow of unity, looks like halo could replace spectral guise (halo doesn't look too awesome, but less strange).

Quote Originally Posted by imYemeth View Post
    Has anyone figured out where halo comes in? Cascade replaces vow of unity, looks like halo could replace spectral guise (halo doesn't look too awesome, but less strange).
    Halo is the 3rd lvl 90 talent, next to Divine Star and Cascade.

Deleted
    Ah, thx. So lvl 90 tier has 3 very different AoE-abilities. Sounds fine to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Flintte View Post
    I literally have no idea what Spectral Guise is supposed to do.

I'm not QQing or anything, I honestly can't think of a use for it. Your body still takes damage (so does that hurt your health?), and you're returned to your body after three hits. What's the benefit of the spell?
    I think it is similar to Witch doctor's spirit walk(diablo 3) and Wukong's decoy(league of legends).

You leave decoy of yourself, real body get into invisibility, and if decoy get 3 direct attacks or after 6 secs just invisibility off at your location, not return to decoy's.

I agree about having an escape mechanism.. I'm just not sure Spectral Guise is the way to go about it. I'd like to get my hands on it myself, because the description.. isn't well thought out. It leaves too much to question that I have to assume actually using the thing would just put right in my mind. Regardless, I definitely agree to what I glean as the general intent of the ability.

Deleted
    I have a feeling this skills cd will get increased by a lot if it goes into live as is. in arena priests will be too difficult to kill with this skill as well as all their other defensive cds.

Except that with a melee on you it'll be absolutely useless as auto-attacks count towards the 4 hit counter. At best, it may be useful if someone is hard-casting something like a pyro or a cc and you want to avoid it.

And in PvE it has pretty much no use whatsover. It's relatively low cd is the only good thing about the ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Shura View Post
    I have a feeling this skills cd will get increased by a lot if it goes into live as is. in arena priests will be too difficult to kill with this skill as well as all their other defensive cds.
    Spectral Guise barely last anytime. Its not even a perm stealth like vanish is for rogues. They have cloak, evasion, combat readiness, dismantle, gouge, cheap shot, kidney shot, smoke bomb etc on live right now. Why can't priest get some love? What do shadow priest have now? Fade, Disarm, silence, fear, dispersion...

If anything flash heals from shadow priest could use a nerf on beta. Getting 70k flash heals that proc instant cast free flash heals for another 70k, then getting another free proc off that free proc... etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Except that with a melee on you it'll be absolutely useless as auto-attacks count towards the 4 hit counter. At best, it may be useful if someone is hard-casting something like a pyro or a cc and you want to avoid it.

And in PvE it has pretty much no use whatsover. It's relatively low cd is the only good thing about the ability.
    Grounding totem eats one spell and can be stomped with pets and instant cast spells, does that make it bad? No. not all spells have to be crazy amazing to be useful .
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Grounding totem eats one spell and can be stomped with pets and instant cast spells, does that make it bad? No. not all spells have to be crazy amazing to be useful .
    Except it's our big new level 87 spell, or is supposed to be. Everyone else's big new spell is awesome, ours should be too.