Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Enhancement Shaman - Beta Videos

Since the older videos still show good information they are hidden deep inside the MOP-thread, hence I decided to make this one for shaman videos. If you'd like me to add your shaman video, send me a pm (need to know content and the build). You can find my playlist here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7A9732165AB209AB

Update for Build 15544 - Videos

Build 15544: Video 1/2 - Kel'Thuzad NEW
    You asked for a more challenging encounter than Archavon, so I took on Kel'Thuzad

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugPgf9Zo_HE

Build 15544: Video 2/2 - Changes for Build 15544 NEW
    • Stormstrike, Lava Lash fixes
    • Improved Healing
    • Feral Spirit - Spirit Bite
    But overall not many changes. Ah yeah, some Chain Lightning Echo of the Elements procs ... 4 in a row, noticed that it procs insane on chain lightning when boosting a friend's Monk.

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugPgf9Zo_HE

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Videos from previous builds
    Build 15464: Video 2/2
    This video shows visuals of the currently available Shaman Talents. I find it rather boring, but players asked for it.
    Talents:
    • Natures Guardian, Stone Bulwark Totem, Astral Shift
    • Frozen Power, Earthgrab Totem, Windwalk Totem
    • Call of the Elements, Totemic Restoration (no visible Effect), Totemic Projection
    • Elemental Mastery, Ancestral Swiftness, Echo of the Elements
    • Healing Tide Totem, Ancestral Guidance (no visible Effect, no gcd)

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5mHax3dKPI

Build 15464: Video 1/2
    This video shows the following abilities in action:
    • Stormlash Totem, 10 sec duration, 5 min cd; allies do additional electrical damage on melee hits and spells
    • Feral Spirit - Spirit Bite, 16,500-18,500 damage, don't know what triggers it, saw 0-3 procs per summon
    • Healing Surge - increased healing
    • Healing Storm Glyph - Healing Surge + Healing Rain (+20% healing per charge of msw)
    • Lava Lash - still spreads Flame Shock

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye8Ks4pN6q8

15464: Video 1/3
    • This video shows the following abilities in action:
    • Lightning Capacitor, 5 sec charge, 8y 5 sec aoe STUN Totem
    • Stone Bulwark Totem, 18k shield, +6k each 10 seconds
    • Healing Stream Totem, single target, 15 sec, 30 sec cd heal on lowest target
    • aoe Looting (not shaman specific, yeah but nice nevertheless)
    • normal heals vs Healing Storm glyphed heals (+20% healing per charge of msw)
    • Echo of the Elements procs - Healing, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt, Earth Shock, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bt6g-QXc8DY

15464: Video 2/3
    This video shows the following abilities in action:
    • Imbues and Lightning Shield with new duration!
    • Feral Spirit (no Pet Bar), Wind Walk (new ability separate from Feral Spirit)
    • Glyph of Totemic Encirclement, Totemic Projection
    • Conductivity Talent
    • Ancestral_Guidance
    • Echo of the Elements procs on AoE

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6ODvoy47Ws

Other Beta Videos
    Last edited by myrddinde; 2012-04-08 at 12:44 AM.

Myrddin,Stormforged, EU-Ravencrest
    Website: mmo-game.eu,YouTube: myrddinde, Twitter: @MyrddinDE

Thanks for the videos!

What's the mechanic of stormlash totem? I saw 9K+ and 2k+, hmmm, certain percentage of your attack and spell damages?

About the spirit bite, the tooltip shows "causing 18,789 nature damage", but the damage in the log is 8k+, might be some bug with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by koelox View Post
    Thanks for the videos!

What's the mechanic of stormlash totem? I saw 9K+ and 2k+, hmmm, certain percentage of your attack and spell damages?

About the spirit bite, the tooltip shows "causing 18,789 nature damage", but the damage in the log is 8k+, might be some bug with it.
    There's two Guardian Spirits, so if each bit for ~9,400, that would work out to ~18,800 total.

Oops I was wrong. watch the video again, the damage is 800+, not 8k+. Must be some bug...

Quote Originally Posted by koelox View Post
    Oops I was wrong. watch the video again, the damage is 800+, not 8k+. Must be some bug...
    Yes, I linked the ability since I saw the low damage. I have screenshots of it hitting a real target for 18k.

Edit: hmhhmhmhmhm can't find the screenshot ... not sure that I actually did it now

Stormlash (from the new totem) hat hits from 2-12k .. pretty high range, maybe it is a percentage of the other damage done ... not sure how it works yet.
    Last edited by myrddinde; 2012-03-29 at 05:37 PM.

Deleted
    Thank you for the videos mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks again for the vids.

Feral spirits damage is pathetically low lol.....do as much as a flame shock tick. I hope they fix their AP scaling, plus add crit and haste scaling. And it still looks like only one of the two wolves is attacking. Have you tried seeing if certain attacks trigger the spirit bite, like SS?

Is it true that the glyph to increase healing of MW5 is a major glyph now? If so, that is bullshit. It should be minor or baseline part of MW5. Our PVP glyphs are pretty much picked for us......healing storm, gwolf run, and LS glyph or feral spirits. Very lame. Where are the compelling choices?

Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
    Thanks again for the vids.

Feral spirits damage is pathetically low lol.....do as much as a flame shock tick. I hope they fix their AP scaling, plus add crit and haste scaling. And it still looks like only one of the two wolves is attacking. Have you tried seeing if certain attacks trigger the spirit bite, like SS?

Is it true that the glyph to increase healing of MW5 is a major glyph now? If so, that is bullshit. It should be minor or baseline part of MW5. Our PVP glyphs are pretty much picked for us......healing storm, gwolf run, and LS glyph or feral spirits. Very lame. Where are the compelling choices?
    Yeah, Feral Spirit needs to be tweaked ... think the spirit strike is the way they want to do it ... tooltip says 16-19k damage, damage done ~ 900
    Feral Spirit no longer benefits from Heroism/Bloodlust
    Wolves attacks are slow, think they need either a Flame Shock or a Stormstrike to actually attack, that should be fixed.

Lightning Shield Glyph is a Minor Glyph.
    Healing Storm is a major one.

Awesome! Please keep these coming. Without the beta I can't test stuff so I need you to do it for me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
    Is it true that the glyph to increase healing of MW5 is a major glyph now? If so, that is bullshit. It should be minor or baseline part of MW5.
    You can't argue that a benefit should be baseline just because you want it. All benefits are like that. That's what makes glyphs attractive. Whether it's worth the cost is the "choice" part.

Our PVP glyphs are pretty much picked for us......healing storm, gwolf run, and LS glyph or feral spirits. Very lame. Where are the compelling choices?
    Would you pick the same glyphs for solo leveling? For grinding dailies? For dungeons? For raiding?

That's where the choice is. The system isn't intended to not have ideal glyphs for certain situations, it's that those glyphs will be situational choices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice videos! Thanks.
    "Man knows - he knows that nothing will begin unless he speaks. And nothing will change, unless he knows."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You can't argue that a benefit should be baseline just because you want it. All benefits are like that. That's what makes glyphs attractive. Whether it's worth the cost is the "choice" part.

Would you pick the same glyphs for solo leveling? For grinding dailies? For dungeons? For raiding?

That's where the choice is. The system isn't intended to not have ideal glyphs for certain situations, it's that those glyphs will be situational choices.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    That's the point of glyphs (and talents) now. Choosing what's appropriate for the situation.
    It changes it up. 1 person may go with glyphs ABC, while another person may go ACD, and finally another person could go BCE.

They'll all have to play differently to make up for something they couldn't get through a glyph.
    Like the theme for majors: Get something good, but have to give something up (either a glyph spot or something with the ability it's modifying to begin with).
    Just putting both quotes here to make it easier to reply....

No, obviously I will have a diff set for PVP or PVE. But still, 2 mandatory glyphs for PVP really kills my ability to customize what I want. For example, do I want to go for more burst in pvp, more control/cc, more mobility/anti cc, more defense/heals.

There isn't much choice in glyphs, I hope more are coming.....but healing storm and gwolf run are def taking a perma spot for PVP, which leaves only one slot open to customize my playstyle. I can understand the gwolf run as that was a talent before, but GHW thru MW5 was something we had baseline before and what the glyph is trying to imitiate. They could make our self healing 100% stronger baseline and have us glyph for the same ability to heal others.....then it would feel more like a choice.

And LS glyph becoming a minor one is good....but really whats the point in that? Every ele and enh shaman will take it, so why not make that baseline as well? And for that matter, add water shield to it.....make both shields have the effect baseline.

Updated with a new video!

Build 15464: Video 1/2

This video shows visuals of the currently available Shaman Talents. I find it rather boring, but players asked for it.

Tier 1 Talents:
    Natures Guardian, Stone Bulwark Totem, Astral Shift
    Tier 2 Talents:
    Frozen Power, Earthgrab Totem, Windwalk Totem
    Tier 3 Talents:
    Call of the Elements, Totemic Restoration (no visible Effect), Totemic Projection
    Tier 4 Talents:
    Elemental Mastery, Ancestral Swiftness, Echo of the Elements
    Tier 5 Talents:
    Healing Tide Totem, Ancestral Guidance (no visible Effect, no gcd)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5mHax3dKPI

Thanks for the videos. New wolves look as dumb as a post though
    RETH

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Thanks for the videos. New wolves look as dumb as a post though
    Yes, and they do nto automatically engage and that blows. They are way more responsive on live realm.

Thanks for the videos. New wolves look awesome

each talent buff(elemental ,astral shift, stone bulwark...) are magic buff?

and mana usage of Purge is decreased while choose spec enh??

Thank you so much for the videos
    Do you (or anyone else) know if static shock or our lighting shield proc echo of elements ?

Quote Originally Posted by -Orion- View Post
    Thank you so much for the videos
    Do you (or anyone else) know if static shock or our lighting shield proc echo of elements ?
    Flame Tongue and Static Shock do not seem to proc it, tried for roughly 30 min at the target dummy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by myrddinde View Post
    Yes, and they do nto automatically engage and that blows. They are way more responsive on live realm.
    That's too bad....I really liked how they immediately pounced when you summoned them. So they are exactly like searing totem now I guess. I really hope they improve the guardian AI it's just so unresponsive. Am worried about how only one wolf attacks, its hard to miss sometimes when they overlap each other too.....but am guessing that will get fixed during beta.

I wonder if there is a way to make guardians attack soon as you summon them, they should if there is already a flame shock or SS debuff on the target, or you currently have auto-attack on a target. They had better have an "assist" stance programmed in for guardians, that should be a high priority on Blizz's list. I don't plan to take the Primal Ele's with the pet bar, so that means my ele, wolves, and searing totem will all have the guardian AI and I will pull my hair out if they still have the same crappy AI as Cata.

Edit:

Myrdinde, have you noticed any mana problems lately? I have heard some complaints that mana regen has been nerfed, most noticeable in the new 5man dungeons, and SR has to be used on cd plus drinking between pulls to keep up mana.