Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

[MoP Beta Files] Alcaz Island Scenario

Another interesting thing that I found in the beta files. It was named alcazislandscenario. So it may be a Scenario or not.

My theory is that this is a flashback Scenario when King Varian escapes from Alcaz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABCjdWpN2nQ

And no, the sky, lighting and water are not from the game!!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's still in? I thought it was removed and replaced with Theramore.

And I'd hope that there'd be no CoT-style scenario, but it wouldn't surprise me. Cheap way to get out of lore obligations.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

'ignroe the king' haha

I think the scenario is an awesome place where they could add in parts of the lore that never really showed in-game. (like things happening in books/comic that are considered canon)

It would make it so that people wouldn't have to read the book to get the full picture

lol loved the king part... scenarios are starting to look pretty fun. Thanks for all the work you're doing on these vids hope to see more soon.

I dont think this is a flashback.. seems like the twilight hammer have corrupted the island.. maybe a hint at old god?

That's clearly twilight's hammer decor, even their banner is there.

I'm guessing that they are placeholder models, though.

My theory is that it's where Jaina makes her new, twisted home.

Anyone notice the tower on the top right when the tour starts?

As someone said it could be where Jaina makes her new home. Maybe that's where the teleported the tower?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holytoast View Post

As someone said it could be where Jaina makes her new home. Maybe that's where the teleported the tower?
    I think that tower is there already now ingame on org servers. Here it's nothing special, it just has some Hammer's decorations. I can link a screenshot later.

10+ Year Old Account

That tower has actually been there for quite a while

Jaina going with the Twilights Hammer? I can't wait for the novel to get here. Great video by the way (just wish chrome would stop crashing on it).

Quote Originally Posted by Wazrop View Post
    I think that tower is there already now ingame on org servers. Here it's nothing special, it just has some Hammer's decorations. I can link a screenshot later.
    Ah, alright.

I haven't been there in forever so, it was just a thought c:

The central tower of Theramore is a mage tower and the one I believe you are looking at is not a Mage tower, and I'm fairly sure it's in the live version of Alcaz Isle. My guess is that if the tower was indeed transported, it probably ended up on Pandaria since that would make the Battle for Theramore relevant to MoP and would help explain how the Alliance managed to throw up a small city so quickly.

From the looks of it, my guess is we'll be dealing with a remnant of the Twilight's Hammer for some reason or another. If the scenario does make it into the game, it'll be interesting to see the context it is used in.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

I wanna know where everyone is getting that Jania will be turning evil. Just because her hair will turn white and she gets pissy doesn't make it evil.

I would prefer this to be a CoT Heroic instead of Scenario

Looks epic

Quote Originally Posted by Immamoonkin View Post
    I wanna know where everyone is getting that Jania will be turning evil. Just because her hair will turn white and she gets pissy doesn't make it evil.
    Yeah, I think people are taking certain things said about the future of her character to absurd extremes. The fact that she'll be throwing her support behind the war effort is a very significant development in her character in itself.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wazrop View Post
    Another interesting thing that I found in the beta files. It was named alcazislandscenario. So it may be a Scenario or not.

My theory is that this is a flashback Scenario when King Varian escapes from Alcaz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABCjdWpN2nQ

And no, the sky, lighting and water are not from the game!!

If it is Varian related, I am putting money that it is apart of the Trial of the High King quest chain. Something about going back to make him better.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...arch/comfy.jpg

This is that same room at the end.

I'm guessing its pre-MoP content. Wrapping up the Twilight's Hammer and kicking off the destruction of Theramore.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybeloras View Post
    It's been updated since the version in the 4.2 files, however.
    Looking for Raid: you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Come - we must be cautious.