Thread: GW2 content

Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    Deleted

GW2 content

Will there be as much contect as WoW for example? I never played GW but i will deffinetly try GW2

10+ Year Old Account
    GW2 isn't going to have as much content right at launch as a 7-year MMO veteran that is now coming up on it's 4th expansion, but it'll certainly outmatch vanilla WoW's content by far.

To put it simply: you could git 20 Azeroths, including Northrend and Pandaria, into Tyria's massive landmass. And, no, most of it is not empty space or impassable mountains.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    Dont see how it could have as much as its a F2P game. Sure in the beginning but not with patches. Will come expansions but I dont think it will come as much new stuff as its F2P.

There is more relevant content in GW2 than in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rirkla View Post
    Dont see how it could have as much as its a F2P game. Sure in the beginning but not with patches. Will come expansions but I dont think it will come as much new stuff as its F2P.
    It's buy to play.

Difference?

League of Legends can be downloaded and installed for free.
    Guild Wars 2 requires you to purchase the client/account before you install it on your PC.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

I would love to reply with a real answer so I can talk about how great GW2 is, but there's been a couple of these threads recently...so give me a sec and I'll just search for those for you.

Here's one, http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1103204-PvE-in-GW2.

This is one of the things I say in the threads like this...
    There will be 1500+ dynamic events at launch, several dungeons, big dragon fights, skill challenges, a personal story line, mini-dungeons, and activities
    and then there's pvp, bg type pvps, and WvW.
    Last edited by grandpab; 2012-03-29 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    GW2 isn't going to have as much content right at launch as a 7-year MMO veteran that is now coming up on it's 4th expansion, but it'll certainly outmatch vanilla WoW's content by far.

To put it simply: you could git 20 Azeroths, including Northrend and Pandaria, into Tyria's massive landmass. And, no, most of it is not empty space or impassable mountains.
    Wait, what? 20 Azeroths? These four continents? 20 bucking times? Are you sure? Because that's a helluva lot of land.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Wait, what? 20 Azeroths? These four continents? 20 bucking times? Are you sure? Because that's a helluva lot of land.
    I saw an image once comparing the world size of several MMOs with map images...

And GW2 was freaking huge. 20 might be an exaggeration, but only by a little bit.

I think it's an exaggeration. I'm pretty sure GW2 is about the size of Azeroth+Outland though, and that's without the Crystal Desert, the places north of Kryta, the Wastes, and the other two continents that were in Gw.

---------- Post added 2012-03-29 at 03:44 PM ----------

I saw an image once comparing the world size of several MMOs with map images...

And GW2 was freaking huge. 20 might be an exaggeration, but only by a little bit.
    The image you saw was of Nightfall.

WoW has more filler content than GW2 while GW2 has more end game content than WoW.

This right here is what makes the content in GW2 so great. Quest givers be damned!

I tried to google it, and it was said a lot of times that GW2 should be as big as all the GW1 expansions/campaigns combined, but can anyone find a direct source for this statement?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    WoW has more filler content than GW2 while GW2 has more end game content than WoW.
    Please explain your reasoning?..... Would love to know what you think gw2 end game is?

I tried to google it, and it was said a lot of times that GW2 should be as big as all the GW1 expansions/campaigns combined, but can anyone find a direct source for this statement?
    I'm a source. Quote me!

Quote Originally Posted by solidsheep View Post
    Please explain your reasoning?..... Would love to know what you think gw2 end game is?
    The whole game.

Everything you run into in the entire world in GW2 is end game, plus dungeons. WoW end game is limited to dungeons and raids, while everything in the world becomes irrelevant once you out level it.

That's excluding pvp.

Due to level scaling, all content is always relevant in the sense that you will never "out-level" the content. So in that sense, there is more level appropriate content at level 80 (level cap) than WoW, or most other MMO's have.

BGs (In WoW), Competitive PvP (In Wow /snicker)story mode (in WoW), Explorable mode (in WoW), WvWvW, Meta Events, Minigames, Everything in the world scales

(Story mode would be the dungeon niche, explorable mode the raiding niche)

And in WoW, only one raid every 6 months is relevant. Everything passed a certain point in WoW becomes irrelevant. (questing zones after you get too high, dungeons after you get geared, every single raid after the next patch, ect.)
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-03-29 at 07:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    The image you saw was of Nightfall.
    Well yeah, but it was still the continent of Tyria.

GW2 isn't going to have as much content right at launch as a 7-year MMO veteran that is now coming up on it's 4th expansion
    I don't think WoW has that much content since everything before DS is basically obsolete. That's Blizzard's biggest mistake IMO. So if you think of it, WoW's content is only DS and the new dungeons... Which isn't a lot.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2012-03-29 at 08:10 PM.