10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    I love me a good horse burger.
    we should derail this thread again
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

I don't see anything that says players started paying more for the game per month. You don't think the increase in revenue has anything to do with the "huge influx of new players"?

Quote Originally Posted by Wrien View Post
    reallly bad graphics, everything looks so rushed and combat looks like a total mess.

This game will fail

I'm always open to new mmo's but that looks crappy
    Thats the lowest setting and a very old video. just trust me on this >_> highs ettings are beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    we should derail this thread again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    I don't see anything that says players started paying more for the game per month. You don't think the increase in revenue has anything to do with the "huge influx of new players"?
    is this more clear?
    http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2011/06/10
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Quote Originally Posted by Kanrei View Post
    Mate, did you actualy read mine post at all or only that first line?

Maybe I worded first line unfortunate, but mine post was rather supportive to "sub fee not giving you more content then f2p or b2p game will give you" which is your idea if I udnerstend it corectly and I agree with that (ammoung other stuff you wrote). You would know this if you read mine whole post

Clearly you didnt get to that part if you think i was bashing you personaly, or any1 :

"But with game which have cash shop, you can except similar ammount of content like with sub fee based game. Because function of content is exactly the same in both models."

I quoted only your post because I dont know how to make it double quote (one quote inside other quote) which dont look shity. But mine post was rather answer to rirkla then you. Sorry if you felt offended in some way.
    No, not at all, just misunderstood what you where trying to say, since you started off with "Eh but thats the whole trick. Your example with car is wrong. You seems to assume that sub fee is paying for content. Which isnt true." which is part of what I was saying but from a different PoV. By quoting what I had said and then using a word like "you" in the way that you did it made the rest of your post out of context, which yes I did read it all, but with the introductionary statement being misunderstood made the rest of it not in the context that you probably meant.

Either way from the PoV that I think you meant of people lining up to be milked as a pose to what the original purpose of sub fees was many a year ago your points are valid, it just sounded like you where contesting in favor of sub fees being useful because of the denotation of the cost to run a server... yes from a buisness model as long as your sheep are willing to walk into the slaughter house by giving the false illusion of walking that way for treats (aka making it seem like your paying for content updates and server fees, while as your paying a much higher price then these norminal perks are), its great. But from a consumer stand point people need to start putting their foot down and go "Offer me good content and Ill buy it, but I am not going to toss money at you in hopes that what you give me in return is of equal or greater value" which many are starting to do, not all but many, and thus sub based models are starting to die out to a more popular micro transaction model since you can pick and choose what your willing to pay for in those models.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Source please.
    It is a psychological thing, I am not actually saying all people playing pay more per month, just that it is really easy to spend more in micro transactions then if you where to pay for a sub, people have the logic of "oh this bank slot only costs $2 thats less then a bus ticket, Ill get it... oh this character slot is only $5 which is less then a fast food lunch Ill get it as well... oh well this cool costume set is only $4 which is less then a beer at a bar Ill get it as well... well this set of 5 dungeon quests that takes multiple hours to play through(DDO anyone) is only $6 which I spend more in gas in a day Ill get it, well this cool weapon skin is only $1 less then the cost of a soda Ill get it too"... when you are buying one thing at a time in micro transactions you don't always see how much your ending up spending over all since each purchase in itself is justifiable, but together is not.

Any my main point was that if you have 5 times as many people playing who buy things here and there you make more money then people paying a set price, yes some of those people won't spend a dime, some will only spend $3-6 but some will also end up spending $50 in a month without realizing how much they spent because they just see small transaction small transaction small transaction and not how much they spent total. Many people also justify buying $4-10/month on micro transactions that they may not normally buy from the mentality of "well I am not paying a sub fee like other games so buying this (insert useless guff here) is worth it to support the game.
    Last edited by Hockeyhacker; 2012-03-30 at 08:10 PM.

Stop de-railing the thread guys. Keep it on topic please.

10+ Year Old Account
    That just shows they got increased profits, not that every player was actually spending more money.

I know people, including myself, who have gone BACK to a game simply because it became free. I went back to CoH because I found out it's free to play. Now I'm finding "Hey, look, there's stuff in the cash shop I'd love to get." and it's possible I will spend some money on it. Because now I'm directly buying things that I want. But I'm not likely to spend MORE than I was when I had to subscribe to it (at least, not every month). :P

My point being that all these people going back, and suddenly deciding "Hey, I'll use the cash shop, I want that thing there," will result in increased profits. It's possible SOME people spent ridiculous amounts of cash through microtransactions, but I don't think you can make that statement about every player.

---------- Post added 2012-03-30 at 03:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyhacker View Post
    people have the logic of "oh this bank slot only costs $2 thats less then a bus ticket, Ill get it... oh this character slot is only $5 which is less then a fast food lunch Ill get it as well... oh well this cool costume set is only $4 which is less then a beer at a bar Ill get it as well... well this set of 5 dungeon quests that takes multiple hours to play through(DDO anyone) is only $6 which I spend more in gas in a day Ill get it, well this cool weapon skin is only $1 less then the cost of a soda Ill get it too"... when you are buying one thing at a time in micro transactions you don't always see how much your ending up spending over all since each purchase in itself is justifiable, but together is not.
    I think that's a case of people having poor financial skills, tbh. I know I've suffered from poor financial decisions very much similar to what you just described, but I think everybody goes through such a phase when they first get their hands on an income.

Any my main point was that if you have 5 times as many people playing who buy things here and there you make more money then people paying a set price, yes some of those people won't spend a dime, some will only spend $3-6 but some will also end up spending $50 in a month without realizing how much they spent because they just see small transaction small transaction small transaction and not how much they spent total.
    I'm not sure what the point of... that point... is though. O_o

Maybe that's what I get for taking things out of context.

---------- Post added 2012-03-30 at 03:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    Reductio ad absurdum.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-03-30 at 08:11 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    This right here is what makes the content in GW2 so great. Quest givers be damned!

WOW that's a great vid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks amazing, always hated WoW's raiding. Felt exactly like the guy in this vid said "chasing exclamation marks across the land'. Never felt like questing, felt just like doing quick tasks. Quests should be something that really feels epic and has an effect on the zone you're in. So happy GW2 looks like it's gonna make it turn out like this