Rogues in PVE...fun? Or stay away?

My main is a hunter which I love. I want a new main alt. for pve that's fun. He will mainly be a LfR toon with mining herb for farming. They look so much fun. Sneaky, undead! I have no clue about rotations? Is it hard?

if you have to ask this question, then "no". rogues are not for you.

Deleted
    mut is easy, you can play it calmly and don't get hectic over gcd problems
    combat is rotation wise easy in theory, practically a mess cause you need to spam your buttons on gcd

sub is rogue hc mode

Rogues are really fun in both PVE & PVP. When geared right, they can do insane dps too.
    Try it out and you'll get the hang of playing a rogue in no time.
    LIVELOVELAUGHHOPEDREAM

Deleted
    Nah not really, there's nothing "sneaky" about pve rogues at all.

you will basically be 3-button mashing your way to the top of the charts with cooldowns.
    (SS+RS / SnD / Evis) - Killing Spree, Adrenaline Rush
    (Muti / Rupture / Envenom) Vendetta

Sub is a different story though.

I pull ~30k in LFR's on my combat rogue without even trying, and could probably bump it up to 35k if I actually paid attention. It's pretty damn easy but strangely fun at the same time. I like it. She's one of my most played alts.

Mind, though, Combat rogue is pretty much an agi-based arms/fury warrior in leather. I practically never enter Stealth. lol

I enjoy rogues for the fact that they have a bunch of cool things like saps and smoke bomb etc to sneak around mobs and what not. Very fun when leveling, but in PvE I just don't find them very enjoyable. Still though, that's just my opinion. Only way to know for sure is to try one out. It could be a class for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Adt View Post
    Nah not really, there's nothing "sneaky" about pve rogues at all.

you will basically be 3-button mashing your way to the top of the charts with cooldowns.
    (SS+RS / SnD / Evis) - Killing Spree, Adrenaline Rush
    (Muti / Rupture / Envenom) Vendetta

Sub is a different story though.
    For raids and boss battles that is true, but I will be very sneaky when I get to questing in Pandaria.
    Stabby stab stab.
    Avatar courtesy of Kelly Aarons of woweh.com

10+ Year Old Account
    I must say that i have come to despise combat as it is so bloody spammy.

Granted, the other specs are not much better yet assa is much calmer in its rotation and I find sub just so rewarding.

Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    mut is easy, you can play it calmly and don't get hectic over gcd problems
    combat is rotation wise easy in theory, practically a mess cause you need to spam your buttons on gcd

sub is rogue hc mode
    ^ I play sub PvE

Muts "boring" but great for beginners. This is a great spec to learn the class with as it will teach you some of the fundamentals without being too difficult to pull off.
    Combats "easy" but can be very hectic during hero/adrenaline rush. The difference between an amazing Combat rogue and a Great one isn't that much.
    I don't recommend sub to anyone new to the class who hasn't come from something like a demo lock.
    Last edited by Vishiz; 2012-03-29 at 08:08 PM.

Deleted
    Rotation, what's that?

Ah yeah, must be some kind of hunter term!

And maybe just try it out? If you like melees with fast gameplay and almost no procc mechanics, then go for it!

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember when Wow was first released.. I was a rogue. Loved it .. sneaking around pick pocketing he-he now it all sounds so complicated.. I don't understand thing about " SS+RS / SnD / Evis " goes to show how long its been since I've played ..

If you want a character which is fun, rogue is (in my opinion obviously) not the class for you. The only fun part about rogues right now is the high numbers you can put out but playing the "rotation" isn't fun at all. If Sub was the best spec for the majority of fights, this might be different.

Rogues are A LOT of fun in PvE and, despite what trollers and peeps in PUGs say, you can successfully PvE as Assassination and Subtlety. I have constantly out DPSed better geared players (and, yes, some still have the nerve to complain). As long as you know how to play the class, you can make it work

Deleted
    it's hard to tell if rogue is fun for YOU. i just can say, why it is the best class for ME

as already mentioned, rogues dont have to push a lot of buttons (except sub).
    as combat its all about managing CDs and class mechanics. you need to know, when to switch targets so that you dont lose a deep insight. so you have to take care if redirect is on cd etc. only use rupture on low insight, only use revealing strike when you got 4 CPs, know when to pop your cds, right usage of cleave etc.
    furthermore you have lots of defensive CDs like CoS or feint which allows you to stay on the boss, when others have to run away etc.
    last but not least i like the straight-forward playstyle. as an alt i play an enhancement shaman and it has a very... strange playstyle... you can't do anything you want to do without doing something (senseless) before (e.g. aoe).

but i also have to confirm that rogues are not as "sneaky" as one may think. its nice when leveling but you will rarely use it in raid-situations.

EDIT missed one big thing: i like managing two recources (CPs and energy)