Deleted

SP reforges - am i on the right track?

Firstly the character: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eam/Ain/simple

Im aiming for 30% haste (then mastery) and 17% hit.

Am i completly lost on how i achieved that with my reforges?

Best

Ainurne

---------- Post added 2012-03-29 at 07:54 PM ----------

No idea why the armory says less, but in game haste states 30,03%

Best
    Ain

Alot of reforging depends on whether you get DI or not all the time. As for the difference on in game haste displayed and armory display,....you're forgetting you have a passive 8% haste from talents which won't display on armory.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, that's correct. Armory shows up with like 10% less haste. Not totally sure why - most of it is from Darkness talent and shadow form Quickness not showing up. I'd have to think about what's going on with the other bit.

But generally shoot for 30% "raid buffed" haste for the extra tick of VT. This is 2589 haste rating, or 2141 with DI from a warlock. If you have a warlock, be sure to reforge some more haste into mastery. This is where we can really start cranking out some big numbers.
    www.mostlydead.enjin.com - We're recruiting!

Should be aiming for 30% if you don't get DI all the time, then mastery after that.
    If you do get DI all the time, just keep stacking haste > mastery > crit.
    You may not be able to reach 30% with some item combinations.

However wowreforge is a really handy tool I would recommend.

EDIT:
    Oh I see you also don't have legendary staff, here is a copy&paste from Kilee's post on howtopriest:

"1. Without the legendary staff, and with Dark Intent active, you don't seem to need much more than about 30% haste, or in other words 2141 haste rating. So with the 4p set bonus, no staff, and DI, you can trade some haste for mastery after reaching this point, and simcraft will sim at a higher dps. You should get more DPS with a mastery-heavy build under 3202 haste than above it.

2. In any other situation, you will get more DPS if you stack haste past 3202, and then mastery. So you do not need to make any changes, and simcraft should represent a solid dps increase by sticking to the stat weights I've listed.

What do we do?

The difference it seems between stacking mastery rather than reaching 3202 (without a legendary, with DI) is about 600 dps. So if you find yourself in situation #1, ask yourself if this amount of "potential" dps is worth it. If the answer is yes, play around with swapping some haste for mastery. See if you notice a difference. Otherwise, I would probably just leave it alone. "
    Last edited by UunaPriest; 2012-03-29 at 09:01 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UunaPriest View Post
    Should be aiming for 30% if you don't get DI all the time, then mastery after that.
    If you do get DI all the time, just keep stacking haste > mastery > crit.
    You may not be able to reach 30% with some item combinations.

However wowreforge is a really handy tool I would recommend.
    I think you're gimping yourself on single target fights with that stat priority. Not sure where 31% came from. I know mind flay and mind blast line up a bit in that space. But it isn't quite 31% i don't think. But stacking haste repeatedly when you have DI is probably going to cut down single target damage a bit. And generally the target you're hitting is the one that actually matters and the difference to any other target will be insignificant. I see DI as an opportunity to reforge 3% more haste into mastery and your shadowfiend/DA cooldown hits that much harder. Obviously on certain fights haste stacking will pay off/even out with haste to 30 then mastery - Warmaster, Yor, Zon'ozz, Madness. Either way is really fine. But you'll probably squeeze the most dps out generally if you hit 30% and go mastery. IMO anyway...

Edit: I see the 31% was just a typo. That threw me for a loop!
    Last edited by lwalker8; 2012-03-29 at 09:12 PM.
    www.mostlydead.enjin.com - We're recruiting!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lwalker8 View Post
    I think you're gimping yourself on single target fights with that stat priority. Not sure where 31% came from. I know mind flay and mind blast line up a bit in that space. But it isn't quite 31% i don't think. But stacking haste repeatedly when you have DI is probably going to cut down single target damage a bit. And generally the target you're hitting is the one that actually matters and the difference to any other target will be insignificant. I see DI as an opportunity to reforge 3% more haste into mastery and your shadowfiend/DA cooldown hits that much harder. Obviously on certain fights haste stacking will pay off/even out with haste to 30 then mastery - Warmaster, Yor, Zon'ozz, Madness. Either way is really fine. But you'll probably squeeze the most dps out generally if you hit 30% and go mastery. IMO anyway...

Edit: I see the 31% was just a typo. That threw me for a loop!
    Atm.. im reforging crit/haste/mastery for spirit when needed, reach haste cap, then rest for mastery. 30,05% haste 16,95% hit - guess thats as close as i can get

Thank you for the replies - i was getting a bit unsecure about the actual reforges i had made.

Best
    Ain

---------- Post added 2012-03-29 at 09:18 PM ----------

Im usually not in a group with a warlock.