Thread: Shadow Priest

Shadow Priest

What do you expect from a Shadow priest once you see one in an arena match (especially 2s)?

Any tips to a fresh Shadow priest? (:
    Last edited by VXXN; 2012-03-29 at 08:23 PM.

Key offheals and Life Grips. Also some pretty nuts burst.

keep dots rolling till time to burst, LOS dmg tht u shudnt be eating, assist on cc without overlapping, co-ordinate burst.

10+ Year Old Account
    With no skill, Shadow Priests are the top PvP class in the game.
    Top overall class is Rogues with all of the needed tools to win: Burst, Heals, Utility, Survival CD's

Shadow Priests are going to be OP in MoP! I can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Thalais View Post
    With no skill, Shadow Priests are the top PvP class in the game.
    Well that's wrong in every single way

Shadowpriests are terribad in 2s, you will get globaled every match if you don't play with a mage/healer

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syld View Post
    Shadowpriests are terribad in 2s, you will get globaled every match if you don't play with a mage/healer
    And if you play with a healer, good luck landing kills. Play spriest/mage if you can, it's decent (not great) and a lot of fun. Tips would be if you cc the dps, make sure the healer can't dispel him, and if you start dropping, get clear and flash heal. You'd be amazed how quickly it can top you off if you get some breathing space.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyred View Post
    And if you play with a healer, good luck landing kills. Play spriest/mage if you can, it's decent (not great) and a lot of fun. Tips would be if you cc the dps, make sure the healer can't dispel him, and if you start dropping, get clear and flash heal. You'd be amazed how quickly it can top you off if you get some breathing space.
    Having a frost mage CC the entire enemy team has more to do with it than casting a spell that heals for like 1/15th of our max hp >< On Beta though it heals for like 2-3x what it does on live, it may actually be worth casting again in MoP
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Keep dots up on kill target, keep cc on nonkill target. keep your team alive, and then mindspike burst whenever your partner is setting up burst or CC.

with a mage it would be during full sheep deepfreeze with a rogue maybe full blind bomb.

easiest classes to play with atm is rogue/feral/mage due to cc and dmg. tried playing with either class, got to around 2k with all of em, neither of em were overgeared or that experienced. so i guess the setups are quite decent

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SkillOverKill View Post
    Having a frost mage CC the entire enemy team has more to do with it than casting a spell that heals for like 1/15th of our max hp >< On Beta though it heals for like 2-3x what it does on live, it may actually be worth casting again in MoP
    I've got 160k hp approx, and my flash heal is hitting for about 16k, critting for over 30k. On my rogue partner I've had 40k crits with power torrent procced. Having a mage control the enemy team so that the flash-heal doesn't get interrupted/dps'd through makes a big difference of course, but spriests are pretty well off for hybrid off-heals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadow Priests are probably the most annoying class to fight. Not even fun...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyred View Post
    I've got 160k hp approx, and my flash heal is hitting for about 16k, critting for over 30k. On my rogue partner I've had 40k crits with power torrent procced. Having a mage control the enemy team so that the flash-heal doesn't get interrupted/dps'd through makes a big difference of course, but spriests are pretty well off for hybrid off-heals.
    That's not power torrent, your rogue very probably has +20% healing taken.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter