Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Hm. Thinking on it a bit the items in terms of provided power is not too big a deal. It's the activated or passive effects that are crucial. That might be easily solved within the framework of GW2 already.

Drake, I might be coming around to your idea here.

Edit: Also Nasus and Sion can one shot the Nexus. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Edit: Also Nasus and Sion can one shot the Nexus. :P
    Doesn't that take forever though, building up that particular skill of theirs? :S

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Hm. Thinking on it a bit the items in terms of provided power is not too big a deal. It's the activated or passive effects that are crucial. That might be easily solved within the framework of GW2 already.

Drake, I might be coming around to your idea here.
    I do admit, I'm not versed enough in GW2 mechanics to see how they could possibly add purchasable items like blink daggers and wards, and that's certainly a barrier to the concept. It's not like we have extra action bar slots. :S

The only thing I could think of is putting consumable items into our bags, but then items would be difficult to use in combat.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Doesn't that take forever though, building up that particular skill of theirs? :S
    Lawl, yea. Totally gimmick builds on Sion/Nas. Vindicator can 1 shot players though and so can like, Veigar. With out being totally cheesy.

I do admit, I'm not versed enough in GW2 mechanics to see how they could possibly add purchasable items like blink daggers and wards, and that's certainly a barrier to the concept. It's not like we have extra action bar slots. :S
    Placing those items in the bag is a bit clunky but workable.

Time or use limited environmental weapons could potentially serve the same function though. It's not like you need to attack with a blink dagger in DOTA. But in GW2 what if say a blink dagger-like items has X uses before expiration but was viable as a weapon?

What I mean is that blink dagger is a passive item carried for 1 effect X seconds. What's the difference in allowing day 5 to blink but 1-4 are viable attacks?

10+ Year Old Account
    I could see certain items being purchasable environmental weapons, instead. Or even temporary utility powers? I wonder if that's possible.

I also can't help but think it would be interesting to try and provide some secondary bar just for special things like that, but I highly doubt such a thing would be implemented. It would require new UI elements and new keybindings. If they wanted to do that kind of thing for temporary extra abilities, they would've done it for environmental weapons.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    As excited as I am at the sound of a DoTA style BG in WoW, as many have pointed out here already, it would take some serious workarounds. They could replace the purchase of items with the purchase of buffs that have similar implications as buying a new item in a current DoTA style game. Although, with 10 classes to choose from, as opposed to anywhere from 30-100 champions typically available in many MOBA's, you set yourself up for some pretty serious min-maxing. Eventually, when the BG joined the RBG roster, something like Rogue/Mage/Lock/Healer/Healer or Healer/Tank would become the norm, and you'd be stuck playing the same comps, but on the other hand, I guess not really, because you could make the same argument for 5's in arena, and there's enough diversity there to make it fun. I suppose what it really comes down to is creating an alternative point/currency system to replace gold, and a series of distinguishable buffs or modifications to replace items. The only other hurdle to jump is the leveling system, but with having 10 classes over 100 champions, you're already throwing enough out the window to make the concept stand alone, and I think it would essentially work like a really fun, engaging, highly modified 5v5 arena. Either way, if/when the come out with it, it will be hella fun.
    WoW : Burning Blade (H)
    90 Warlock, 90 Shaman, 96+ Mage, 90 Death Knight, 86 Warrior, 90 Hunter, 85 Rogue, 80 Paladin, 76 Priest, 70 Druid, 26 Monk

[QUOTE=DrakeWurrum;16216725]Except you really can't....[COLOR="red"]
    Depends. Do a handful of remote mines count as 1-shotting? I luvs me some Techies!

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I could see certain items being purchasable environmental weapons, instead. Or even temporary utility powers? I wonder if that's possible.
    Not sure if I would use environmental, but it would depend on how it was implemented. Temp Utility abilities, however, could work, assuming the system allows for that.

What if skills 6-10 can be swapped to a second list of skills, that being the clickable items? F5 is, to my knowledge, not being used. Have it swap, with no cooldown, and then make all clickable items have a special colored background to easily tell them apart (to make sure you have the right set selected).

10+ Year Old Account
    They would need to be more than just clickable, but also capable of being keybound, is why I have this dilemma. :P

Else I'd say just open up a special bar on the side and put em there.

That's what I mean. Hit F5 to swap the entire 6-10 abilities, just like a weapon swap. So now you can hit the 6-10 keys to activate whatever item (manta, blink, w/e), then hit F5 to swap back to your heal/util/elite.