Are we allowed to reupload videos posted by mmo champ?

Hey guys,
    I have my own youtube channel and I was wondering if it is okay to reupload videos mmo champion has posted such as the 3 new raid videos released today or will it be copyright. (I know it is technically copyright, but does MMO champ actually allow people to reupload it or do they not allow it?)
    I know in all the videos it has the mmo champ watermark so is it allowed or not allowed?

Thankyou very much

Deleted
    I didnt not read anything on those videos specifically specifying that MMO-C has copyright on it.

So it should be okay to re-upload them. And the watermark is there for if people do re-upload it, they know who the original source was.

Deleted
    Why would you want to reupload a video that's already on Youtube, seems a tad redundant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keblow View Post
    Why would you want to reupload a video that's already on Youtube, seems a tad redundant.
    I do also not fully understand the point in this, perhaps someone would be nice enough to explain.

Deleted
    I've moved this to suggestions and feedback where it's more likely an admin will see it and be able to answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Keblow View Post
    Maybe my subscribers and viewers are yet to see it? There are many reasons hahaha. Is there ever only 1 version of a video on youtube? nope!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by legendoner View Post
    Maybe my subscribers and viewers are yet to see it? There are many reasons hahaha. Is there ever only 1 version of a video on youtube? nope!
    Unfortunately.

Reuploading other people's videos is a waste of everyone's time and just serves to make youtube more cluttered and harder to navigate.

Here's an idea: Make your own content.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Unfortunately.

Reuploading other people's videos is a waste of everyone's time and just serves to make youtube more cluttered and harder to navigate.

Here's an idea: Make your own content.
    Thanks for that, but all I wanna no is if its allowed or not.

so please stop posting in this thread unless you knew the answer

It's perfectly fine if you want to use parts of the video to discuss it on your youtube channel or whatever. If you just plan to download the video and rehost it, it's a lot less fine.

However, after checking your channel it's pretty clear that you're just rehosting videos to make money out of other people's work through your TGN partnership. That's the part where I just forward to higher ups and let them do the yelling.
    Last edited by Boubouille; 2012-03-28 at 04:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    It's perfectly fine if you want to use parts of the video to discuss it on your youtube channel or whatever. If you just plan to download the video and rehost it, it's a lot less fine.

However, after checking your channel it's pretty clear that you're just rehosting videos to make money out of other people's work through your TGN partnership. That's the part where I just forward to higher ups and let them do the yelling.
    Kill him with fire!

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post

wooow really, so you file 4 copyright strikes against me instead of asking me to take it down?
    jeeez its not like i was make millions of dollars or anything, they all had about 70 views... thats hardly reuploading your videos to make money.
    im sure everytime blizzard releases a video you upload it, which is exactly what i was doing.
    but i figured i would do the RIGHT thing and actually ask before i uploaded 4 videos rather then just stealing them anyway, so if i hadnt of asked i wouldnt have gotten strikes against my account now. soo yeahh by me doing the right thing gets me into trouble... Okaaaaaay buddy that makes sense
    now please go file complaints agaisnt every single other person who ive seeen steal soooo many videos of mmo. hell i found a channel the other day with about 15 videos. and all 15 videos were mmo champ.
    so why dont you go and get the actual bad guys who just steal your stuff, rather then the guy who simply asked if he was allowed :|

1. You already had them uploaded before we gave any answer.
    2. You have an advertising partnership, you know perfectly what you're doing.
    3. Rehosting doesn't bring anything new to the table, it just creates extra noise.

As I said, i'm perfectly fine with people reusing footage to comment it, modify it, etc... as long as proper credit is given. However, if you're going to download our videos and just reupload them somewhere else to make money out of it, yeah, I'm going to point it out to higher ups.