Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
13
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    Yeah... if you knew the system was in place, why the hell did you not kick everyone but your own character/friends out? This isn't Blizzard's fault, this is your own. Letting him keep perks? Let him go find another guild, who cares? There are plenty of guilds for him to join.
    Because we aren't dicks.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Fonzinator View Post
    How can you say this? We didn't care? So we worked so hard and wanted to preserve our guild only to have it stolen by a lvl 1. The guild is the same as a character. It has history, wealth, items, names... it was ours. How can you piss all over a guild so easily? Might I remind you, this was a guild of 10 or so people. It was not some super guild. We made the guild for us, we wanted to keep it, we never thought he would go behind our back so easily.
    It was you and the other guildies who 'pissed' all over your own guild by abandoning it for more than 30 days. After that, any character who is still actively playing is deemed deserving by Blizzard to take over the guild (and rightfully so).

  3. #43
    I love it, you quit playing, everyone else in the guild quits, then you get a free pass to come back to play and do so, and complain because someone who continued playing took over the guild? LMFAO

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Newcron View Post
    (and rightfully so).
    You are Wrong. Sorry.

  5. #45
    Pandaren Monk Anyankha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    1,935
    Quote Originally Posted by Fonzinator View Post
    ...but we were coming back. It was our guild. How would you like your character to be gone because you were not using it? "Oh I didn't mean to steal your stuff, you were not using it so I thought it would be OK". We very much cared. So much work was put into this guild.
    It doesn't matter if u were coming back, the dethrone system is clear enough. GM is not active for 30 days, is FFA for everyone in it that still plays.
    ~ My mounts collection ~

    ~ Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned ~
    Thanks Elyaan for the signature!

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Penatar View Post
    If they were all friends, why can't you create a new guild and restart? The guild perks aren't game breaking to be without, and learn from your mistake. Only a complete moron places everyone at the same rank. Should have been handful that can be trusted that were at least rank two. It's sad if this ruins the whole experience for you. It's actually quite laughable.
    Yes we could easily make a new guild. I don't know if we could have the name again, and lvling it would be a nightmare, but we could. The thing is, I don't want to make a new guild. Just like how I don't want to make a new character and play for 100 days to get everything back.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Senistian View Post
    I love it, you quit playing, everyone else in the guild quits, then you get a free pass to come back to play and do so, and complain because someone who continued playing took over the guild? LMFAO
    Please read the entire story before posting. Your opinion is misguided.

  8. #48
    Herald of the Titans starkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Planet Caravan
    Posts
    2,927
    Son your guild got played and in a different sense of played lol
    You are lying! I never hit you! YOU ARE TEARING ME APART, LISA!

  9. #49
    Btw OP, just for fun, try and post this exact message at the official Customer Support forum here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1011699/

    Take a guess what kind of responses you'll be getting.

    ---------- Post added 2012-03-29 at 09:37 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by banditb17 View Post
    You are Wrong. Sorry.
    I am not wrong. In fact I am already vindicated by Blizzard's own policy.

  10. #50
    read the entire story? I did, all the "core" people quit. He even says he came back with a scroll and got kicked. I find this funny

  11. #51
    Remember the old days when Final Fantasy XI deleted your account when you were inactive for 6 months? Lets adopt that system again.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Fonzinator View Post
    How can you say this? We didn't care? So we worked so hard and wanted to preserve our guild only to have it stolen by a lvl 1. The guild is the same as a character. It has history, wealth, items, names... it was ours.
    I can say it very easily. If you cared about it so much you would have taken care of it.
    How can you piss all over a guild so easily?
    You do all the work for us.

    By abandoning it. For months.
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

    Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by banditb17 View Post
    Because we aren't dicks.
    Taking precautions doesn't make you dicks. You shouldn't have left your guild in the hands of someone you didn't trust.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Senistian View Post
    read the entire story? I did, all the "core" people quit. He even says he came back with a scroll and got kicked. I find this funny
    When the entire core of a guild leaves with the intention of freezing the guild for future use, how is this some giant offense? How did we wrong this level 1 toon?

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Fonzinator View Post
    How can you say this? We didn't care? So we worked so hard and wanted to preserve our guild only to have it stolen by a lvl 1. The guild is the same as a character. It has history, wealth, items, names... it was ours. How can you piss all over a guild so easily? Might I remind you, this was a guild of 10 or so people. It was not some super guild. We made the guild for us, we wanted to keep it, we never thought he would go behind our back so easily.
    You may have worked hard but then you left. It was obviously not as important as you keep trying to convince us. What he did may be morally wrong, but it is within the rules and you and your guildies messed up. It happens.

    This is a game. You lost some fake money, fake items, and reputation with a entity of your own creation. Yes it sucks, but it is not the end of the world. Remake it and this time only have people you know you can trust, or better yet log in every once every 30 days.

    I understand that you are hoping we will rise up and curse Blizzard for its policy, but most people seem to either think this is a good policy or could care less. We are not going to rend our clothing in sorrow for you or your now displaced guild. Time to make a fresh start.

  16. #56
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Canada, that other, other free place (you know, the one that's more free then you pretend to be)
    Posts
    1,991
    I feel for you guys Banditb, it's not the dethroning that's the kicker, it's the emptied out and cross server sale straight after that makes this a scam, anyone who can't see that, is either fooling themselves, pissing to make piss (read as trolling to elicit emotional response), or a scammer trying to justify themselves so as to be able to sleep tonight.

    @sealbinder: how do you justify a cross faction sale of the guild then? Is that not a straight scam?
    They wait for the chance, then dethrone, that's fine, but straight after they sell the guild cross faction?
    That was purposely done to steal the guild and make gold off of it.
    If you cannot see the difference between taking the guild to continue it and taking the guild to sell it for personal profit, I worry about your family and coworkers.
    Stop making excuses and cosigning an obvious scammer's bullshit.
    As far as I can tell from your stance, you might be a sociopath, more over, it lacks heart.
    Just how cold inside are you, and what is it you lack in human make up that you don't understand why this is 'clever use of mechanics' to gain personally style scamming?
    If this type scammer was not guilty of a scam, and should feel no remorse, why do they always transfer all their toons after?
    You know why.
    (b/c it's allowed by the current rules, but everyone ((except you)) realizes this is morally wrong, and a dick move, and should not be allowed)
    Blizz should disallow faction transfers and sale of guilds after a dethroning for a good amount of time to combat this type of scam.
    Last edited by Bigbamboozal; 2012-03-30 at 02:51 AM.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Newcron View Post

    I am not wrong. In fact I am already vindicated by Blizzard's own policy.
    This is clearly not the original intention of Blizzards policy. It is being abused in this specific case.

  18. #58
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    148
    I don't see why Blizz can't allow the GM to set some certain rules, like what ranks can take over a guild if they do happen to go inactive or something. If a GM really wanted to keep a guild he could just g-kick everyone before going away, but it would appear that a small setting could prevent such occurrences.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Fonzinator View Post
    The guild was built upon local raiders and this guy was just a social member. He was not even in the core of the guild.
    And here was your first mistake. If the guild was mostly just for raiding with people you know in real life why bother inviting random strangers?

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by banditb17 View Post
    When the entire core of a guild leaves with the intention of freezing the guild for future use, how is this some giant offense? How did we wrong this level 1 toon?
    That's not how the internet works, I'm afraid. The fact is that he used a legitimate system to take control of a guild you abandoned (not froze, as you left an active member within it). If you feel cheated, it's probably because you were, but it's no one's fault but the lvl1's and yours.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •