Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

Question DI on Rogue for Spine(H)25 ?

My raid leader is saying to put my DI on a subtlety rogue during our H-Spine attempts.
    Why? I've not read about this anywhere. Does this make sense to anyone?

I'm not sure how haste affects Recuperate in regards to haste breakpoints, though more Recuperate ticks would grant additional energy gains through Energetic Recovery, but with Subtlety only having Recuperate, Rupture, and Deadly Poison as DoTs or HoTs I'd assume it wouldn't be that much of a DPS gain. I'm not experienced with Subtlety PvE though so I'm sorry if this is completely incorrect.

Deleted
    If you're in a serious progression,
    SP will use their SF and spam MB+MSP for Tendons so your raid wont get that much benefit from DI on SP.
    Mage will go arcane, so no dots.
    That left us with 3 dps classes/spec: SV Hunter, Boomkin, and Sub Rogue.

Sub rogue has 3 critable dots: poison, rapture, and hemor. They do have a very high crit rate so your DI uptime will be good if the rogue can keep the dots on the target. Their dps gain from your DI however is questionable since those 3 dots combines are only about 15% of their damage done. Sure they'll gain a lot more benefit from 3% haste for their auto atk but I dont know if that's really better than DI your Boomkin or SV hunter.

If you only worry about your DI uptime, it will be fine on Sub rogue. This is the example of their dots uptime and crit rate: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5607&e=5905