Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vutar View Post
    lol right. I sometimes wonder if people think at all when the post trying to defend Blizzard.
    a game launch has everything prepared and tested before and its just an early access but its basically just a staggered launch. this isn't a staggered launch this is a beta. they can make 8 billion server but because its untested there could be a flaw in each server that causes a complete shut down on systems

they need to test things out before people come in. they start out small like many betas and as more people get in the fasters beta invites go out. more people= more people possibly able to break and report things to help the game improve and free up more space and less time to fix each bug because they don't have to fix bugs on 1000 realms just a small number at first.

farther along beta goes less bugs so more servers can be open

Quote Originally Posted by Aethilus View Post
    I have heard reports that some non-AP holders, aka opt-ins, had gotten their beta invites already, so is that quote accurate?
    The non-AP holders that were invited could have been non opt-ins as well: press, family/friends etc.

Something tells me that the Diablo III invite I got today was my consolation prize for not getting into the MoP beta.

Must be nice to get a D3 beta as a consolidation =/

I'm not bothered at all that they are inviting in waves and stuff, that's just logical. There's just one thing that annoys me a bit:
    I have been playing since a few months after release of classic. So few breaks since then that they are barely worth counting. Just sucks that I started on another account than I use now. Started this one late burning crusade, so I got maybe 4 years of ~7 active years played. I knew switching acc would hit me back in more ways than loss of cool achievements/items :<

Glad we finally got some information what's going on over att blizzard HQ though. This silence and letting rumors fly have grated on me a bit. Communication is important. Can't wait to spam blizzard about doing the item squish and letting warlocks tank. Then we would always have a stand in tank with our wlock

(But I'll just play a bit on my D3 beta in the meantime :3)
    GM of Roiyaru - Frostmane. Ilinára, Combat rogue. So good at stealth I can't even find myself.

Deleted
    Got my invite. (=
    Account active since 12/05, annual pass like 2 minutes after opening.
    EU

Quote Originally Posted by lisavan View Post
    We can’t let everyone in at the same time; however, all Annual Pass holders will be invited before any opt-ins.i dont like this line,means i have to wait untill 1mill ap holders get in until i can finally start hoping for a beta inv nice job blizz
    You had the same access to the same deal we did. You chose not to take part, so you don't reap the rewards.

I'm hoping that Bashiok knew what he was talking about when he said that account history was "cumulative" and not non-stop active. Because if that's the case I've been a WoW player since 04 and signed up for the AP on day one. But still waiting for my beta invite...yay me. I hate waiting for stuff that I'm super excited for

*edit*

Just checked my account history. Day 1 WoW subscriber no less. 11/23/04. Go me :P
    Last edited by Barinthos; 2012-03-30 at 05:45 AM.

Good news. Now lets wait and hope

Quote Originally Posted by pedigree View Post
    You had the same access to the same deal we did. You chose not to take part, so you don't reap the rewards.
    "Huge reward" waiting 10 weeks to do something that has been done by 900 000 before you and is common knowledge already. Least he can quit during the next 4 months of nothing that is going to be pre MoP

Quote Originally Posted by Doomkaster View Post
    Guys, there is a ton of invites going out, don't worry. Think about how much 100,000 people are. Honestly, it's a ton and will take a while to send out every invite. Also, some invites come back, and they have to resend them tomorrow. So if you're tired, go to sleep and wait and see. Because if you don't get it, you'll regret it if you are tired of work or school tomorrow.
    But totally worth being tired at work/school tomorrow if you were up playing your newly acquired beta key. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Veranya View Post
    I'm not bothered at all that they are inviting in waves and stuff, that's just logical. There's just one thing that annoys me a bit:
    I have been playing since a few months after release of classic. So few breaks since then that they are barely worth counting. Just sucks that I started on another account than I use now. Started this one late burning crusade, so I got maybe 4 years of ~7 active years played. I knew switching acc would hit me back in more ways than loss of cool achievements/items :<

Glad we finally got some information what's going on over att blizzard HQ though. This silence and letting rumors fly have grated on me a bit. Communication is important. Can't wait to spam blizzard about doing the item squish and letting warlocks tank. Then we would always have a stand in tank with our wlock

(But I'll just play a bit on my D3 beta in the meantime :3)
    Is inviting in waves logical when they have known for months how many people they had? No, logical would be to look at how many people they have and try to estimate how many servers they would need. Logical would be to have a plan on how to handle beta rather than admit a couple days before the beta goes live "we have no idea how we'll do it." The only way saying this is a "logical approach," is if you admit that they utterly failed to begin with and are now taking the only logical approach left.

been playing for 7 years lol i bet i won't make it in anyways lol.

Deleted
    Didnt get any mail, but i went check my Bacount and ther i was, sub sins 05/25/05

Quote Originally Posted by McFrotton View Post
    Oh and see AP will get invited before any opt in so all those people that said ''Opt in already made it in'' is bullshit they are trolling us hard!
    My source tells me, that people who are in and don't have AP are either lying or are forgetting to mention that they have been invited thanks to F&F (or obviously thanks to being popular, which is not mutually exclusive). With the 1M annual passes they will have way (about 100 times) more people than they need making any kind of opt-in based invites very unlikely.

Got in tonight, very surprised. Naturally, can't get connected. (It's slammed, hard.) Ah well.

got my invite! 7 year of wow paid out! still no email, but my account ist flagged! EU btw

So is there a way to check your cumulative played time, aside from manually counting each payment in your account history? I think I have 60+ months of paid playtime (since '06), but I could've miscounted... still no beta invite, but fingers crossed for tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Zokten View Post
    So explain this for me then "all Annual Pass holders will be invited before any opt-ins."

Please don't tell me people still take blizzard word as "full on truth"

I have no idea what you're getting at.

Even if opt ins got in as well, AP users are still getting a chance at Beta regardless, that has nothing to do with what i just said.