Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    There was a topic about this EXACT situation months ago.

Suspicious?

Deleted
    You didn't lie. You just thought you saw him smoking marijuana during whatever. It's all about the wording.

I shoulda done this with the horrible managers at my work... except they actually DID smoke drugs out back
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not exactly sure how a thread about medical advice would get closed in a heartbeat on here, but a thread about legal advice gets replys.../shrug

Anyways, If I were you in this situation, I would be worried about a little more than legal action, if you understand what I mean.

I mean, you live in the same town...watch your back...and your tires.

Just because other people are dousches doesn't mean you have to be one too.

Having really bad deja'vu here...did you make this exact same topic on a different name a month or so ago?

edit: This was the post http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ghlight=sue+me
    Last edited by Gnotty; 2012-03-30 at 04:37 AM. Reason: Found the post

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinare View Post
    You work with food without a shave and you don't give a shit about being late you are a dick on that alone, that you got him fired by telling a lie is just that much worse you fucked up some ones life for you selfish little game buy a gun and learn how to use it.

If law fails people turn to violence. he cant prove it but he can still hurt you.
    Although this is an extremely chaotic response, I have to agree. You really fucked up someone's life because someone is on your ass about your facial hair and showing up to work late.

I mean, come on people...whats important really? Compassion or justice?

10+ Year Old Account
    Boss either failed to read company policy OR willfully ignored it, either case the boss is in the wrong no matter what so he deserves exactly what happened. He should not have the knowledge that you filed the complaint, if he was informed that you specifically were the one to report him I believe you actually could sue the party that informed him. Stuff like that is supposed to be anonymous to avoid any sort of possible confrontation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    You ever heard the saying "snitches get stiches?". If he beats you up you deserve it.....that dude has a wife and prob relies on his income alot more then you do. Snitching to his boss......makes you look like a punk. Esp about smoking bud.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnotty View Post
    Having really bad deja'vu here...did you make this exact same topic on a different name a month or so ago?

Precisely. Either the situation was false in both cases, or one user "stole" their story from the other.

I'm putting my money on the first.

You will not be able to face Legal Trouble.

However, people talk, word gets around, future employers may find it 'difficult' to employ you, your current employer, may find it difficult to promote you, if you get my drift.

Bottom line, no one like a slacker, especially one that lies when they're in a bad mood.

10+ Year Old Account
    This again? Are u the same guy who posted this a month ago? How about you just find a new job because having 2 bosses in 2 months doing the same thing seem legit.

You are fine! If you want any help I can have you call my cousin he is a lawyer if you have any concerns just send me a private message its free of charge so nothing to worry about!

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylicious View Post
    Probably not, he can't really sue you for anything since you haven't done anything lawfully wrong
    Actually, bearing false witness and falsifying documents are both very much against the law and very much what the OP did.

As for what the OP did, while I don't exactly disagree with it, I think you went about this the wrong way. Instead, you should have lodged complaints against him for his abusive actions towards you, while in addition, stating that during his off time, he smokes illegal drugs. Things probably would have been handled the same, yet you wouldn't have risked trouble as you weren't lying about him doing it on the job.

I hope it all works out for you and in the least you learn from your mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
    You ever heard the saying "snitches get stiches?". If he beats you up you deserve it.....that dude has a wife and prob relies on his income alot more then you do. Snitching to his boss......makes you look like a punk. Esp about smoking bud.
    This isn't jail, nor does that talk make you a tough guy. OP doesn't look like a punk at all. You don't get to decide what laws you will and will not obey. If the boss was mistreating the employee, frankly he has what's coming to him. You can't treat people like trash, then expect them to sit back and take it while you not only abuse them, but break the law as well.
    Last edited by Thetruth1400; 2012-03-30 at 04:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnotty View Post

Nice find... stupid OP troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinare View Post
    You work with food without a shave and you don't give a shit about being late you are a dick on that alone, that you got him fired by telling a lie is just that much worse you fucked up some ones life for you selfish little game buy a gun and learn how to use it.

If law fails people turn to violence. he cant prove it but he can still hurt you.
    Because THATS the kind of advice we want to give the OP, right? Or thats definitely what we want to call the OP right now when he's stressed out, right? lol

@OP: He ain't got shit on you bro, seriously. He isn't going to do anything except maybe get a job at some other fast food place /shrug

Hasn't this thread been created before?

I'm pretty sure i've seen the exact same thread before.

15+ Year Old Account
    You tipped higher ups that there might be drug user working in their company. Nothing wrong in that. He couldn't do jack shit even if the test would have been negative. Then again if you especially used his name he could possibly sue you to defamation but I'm not a lawyer and don't even want to pretend being one.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYFioGqC2qQ - The true nature of finnish people

10+ Year Old Account
    Closed: As other people pointed out this is just a duplicate of an older thread.