10+ Year Old Account

Arena help against Rogue Dpriest

Hey all, i do 2's with myself (resto Shammy) and a Kitty kat. both sat about 4400 res dep on trinkets, but when we come up against a disco rogue combo we just fail everytime,

We did manage to get to 1530 rating but seem to be coming up against the same combo

We do have very good PvE sets so i might of thought of sending the kiutty out in half PvE gear to burn down the priest

Is there any good way of skilling this pairing in our combo cause the prist just burns and burns and i canny interupt them all plz help

ALSO in before OMG you should wipe the face off them, obviously if that was the case then i wouldnt be here asking for help would i
    Dell U2713H
    GTX 980Ti
    custom water cooling

Well I'll guess that the burn is an issue because the rogue sits on you, and you can't interupt/ground while stuned.
    So the feral should take over with interupts and cyclones whene you can't, it's in communication.
    You have enough controll to prevent it, it should only really happen if you're both cc'd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tell the feral to go disc and tank the rogue yourself. Make feral peel when needed (although that should not be needed because rshamans can actually tank rogues)

I played vs RP a few days ago, we killed priest , rogue can't do crap alone on shaman(me). If you really, really suck, just put earth shield on yourself. I have between 4k8-5k+ Resi, depend on my comp. Also you must Dispell, Kick even Hex priest, meaning assist your feral because he will hard time killing priest by himself. If you lose to much life, cast some heals off whine Rogue sitting in the Cyclone.

10+ Year Old Account
    i do tank the rogues, dont really need to use CD's on them as of yet. just put ES on me, UE and riptide and im good, we have been trying to LoS the priest from the rogue and me so the druid can trounce the priest but just no avail so far.

Will take on baord what has been said so far and try it later when no doubt we come across them again lol

do you think that the feral having 50/50 PvP/PvE gear would help with the burst of the priest? or too risky just in case the rogue switches over?
    Dell U2713H
    GTX 980Ti
    custom water cooling

10+ Year Old Account
    The feral should be able to kill the priest rather quickly tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    Not without some help. I have a full cata feral, and even reasonable Dpriests have 1 button that can stop us from getting a kill shot: AoE fear. I can get my bleeds up, get my damage up, interrupt a heal and then boom, feared. Trinket it, get back on him, but before I can get him to 0 he can fear me again and I have to eat the entire fear. With a dispeller, it's not so tough.

You have to time your abilities though. Skull bash when he isn't protected from interrupt, maim when he is (requires sitting on 5 combo points, which sucks if you need to get Rip back up).

10+ Year Old Account
    You should dispell every fear. The druid should never trinket it unless the shaman is unable to get it because he is in CC.

And LoSing is not a valid reason. If you LoS the druid when he is likely to get feared you failed.

Don't think so, I play Disc Feral myself (I am 2600 Feral is 2700), and according to my Feral it is 100% impossible to kill a enemy disc on our level unless I assist with damage or oom him.

Good dpriest rogue going burns against feral/sham with feral on priest is gonna be kidneying sham with fear on feral, every 30 seconds, get 2 burns, rinse repeat. In terms of defending against that, pregrounding and pretremoring will help you avoid eating both/any burns, and you have two trinkets between you (either of which will eliminate the burns) and the feral can try to see it coming and clone the priest before he can fear/burn the shaman, or just run out of range to dodge fear, come back in range with an interrupt on the end of manaburn (locks out fear as well), if he fakes you it still costed him a lot of time since mana burn is a long cast.

Some of the burns will still go through but regen is pretty high this season and you can probably last 30minutes+ while trying to make your win happen

Feral won't kill priest alone unless he heavily outskills him, same should go for a rogue training the shaman as long as the feral occasionally peels.

When I play rogue priest against feral shaman we usually win by going feral till they switch ES, swapping to sham with dance and fear on feral, if shaman is too stupid to tremor during garrotte (they usually are) feral can't peel w/o trinket (longer cd than what we are using), I am going half offensive the first couple of times (spam dps, maybe PI), once the both enemy trinkets and NS is down and hopefully link as well, I go full offensive (i.e. fiend comes out) and we try to 100-0 him in a 10s or so stunlock.

Offcourse between these bursts, both teams should be vying for pressure via good damage and lock downs.

---------- Post added 2012-04-01 at 04:31 PM ----------

You should dispell every fear. The druid should never trinket it unless the shaman is unable to get it because he is in CC.

And LoSing is not a valid reason. If you LoS the druid when he is likely to get feared you failed.
    80% of fears should take place with shaman unable to dispel. Not hard to set up at all.
    Last edited by Nereth; 2012-04-01 at 08:29 AM.

Deleted
    Pray they are bad and kill the priest. If they are good you can't win. A feral can't kill a good disc, assuming he doesn't make mistakes.

Don't forget that he's playing 2v2, the rogue can easily fuck over the druid by ccing him during TF and especially during berserk/trinket.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naraga View Post
    Don't think so, I play Disc Feral myself (I am 2600 Feral is 2700), and according to my Feral it is 100% impossible to kill a enemy disc on our level unless I assist with damage or oom him.
    Duh.. ofcourse you have to help him..

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can beat this comp as Warr Hpal. I usually just Constantly go back and forth between the priest and rogue while LOS the rogue from his heals. so the priest is losing lots of mana and isn't drain my healer's mana. It's quite a fair fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Naraga View Post
    Good thing the highest 2s team in the US is 2500, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...A4irman/simple

Deleted
    You will trounce around for 20 minutes until someone gets fed up and does something retarded to get the game over with.

If you want to win: Druid on priest and tank rogue while praying they are bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sit on priest interrupt mana burns and control rogue with instant cyclones/roots whenever you can. It will take you some time but you can win the mana war. If rogue decides to go on you, do the same thing. All in all you should be able to win this without much problems.