Thread: Favorite Accent

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Favorite Accent

So, what is your favorite accent when talking to someone from a different area than you? What accent really 'does it' for you when talking to someone of the gender you are attracted to?

I have talked to a couple people in our Oslo, Norway office and the ladies that speak english with that accent are aaaaamazing. What does everyone else think?

Deleted
    Personally German.

Everyone else in the world, Irish.

I've gotten so many free drinks/coffee/discounts whilst on vacation with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure about what accent's I prefer or find attractive. Maybe Spanish?
    I'm a big fan of how us English folk are stereotypically portrayed as speaking .

Deleted
    Ehhhh japanese? lol i just think there women are hot all round! but maybe latino im not sure i never really pay attention, Aslong as they aint english i hate english girls accent

10+ Year Old Account
    Irish, coming from an Australian, I think its awesome.
    Plus the girls over here go nuts for it!

Deleted
    I guess you mean English??

I really like the Oxford English. As in Little Britain.

I like most German accents. It sounds interesting and fresh.
    Where I live most people (except the older generation) speak "Hochdeutsch" -> mostly without any accent.
    That's boring :-P.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jogojin View Post
    I guess you mean English??

I really like the Oxford English. As in Little Britain.

I like most German accents. It sounds interesting and fresh.
    Where I live most people (except the older generation) speak "Hochdeutsch" -> mostly without any accent.
    That's boring :-P.
    Ah the Bavarian's have a glorious accent.....can never tell if they're speaking English or German :P

10+ Year Old Account
    French, hands down.

I was in a gulid for a couple years, that had a French Canadian girl as RL, so cute! Was funny when she got mad at the group, she would yell things like, "FUKUS! Yaral being so teriboo! (Focus! You are all being so terrible!) And often. this included her slapping the desk and spilling her wine glass loudly!

Deleted
    Scottish, then Irish and thick Russian. I don't like Russian language one bit, but the way they speak English is just amazing.

Girls are crazy about my sexy Brazilian accent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could go without saying but Eastern Asian accents, like South Korea or Japan. Love their accents.

As someone that is not born english, the english hick accent as i like to call it, or simply the south accent of the US, is just wonderful. I got so many internet buddys with that accent from clans, guilds etc. All i know is they can sing hillarously like no one else and it always brighten my day. They all seems to also appreciate my french accent so i guess we are even.

I like English accents. Specifically the southern Cockney accents. They can mumble on in their rhyming-but-not-really lingo all they want. I don't care. Its hot.

Don't really matter to me tbh, but I think the Mancunian accent is cool.
    Irish is nice to but it doesn't matter really in the end of the day.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

I'm from Ireland but unfortunately i'm also from the north of Ireland (Antrim in particular, which is pretty much between the rock and hard place of the two most distinctive accents/places here; Ballymena and Belfast), and probably have the most neutral/weakest accents i've ever heard, as my girlfriend will vouch for

As for the accents I like, i'll have to go (naturally) with the Norwegian accent when speaking english; my girlfriend of course being Norwegian with an excellent grasp of english This might interest some people however, as well as enlighten them to the unfortunate, ugly and unpleasant-nature of the Irish language (My grasp of Irish is quite poor however, and my accent similar to the individual's in this video, though a little weaker as it was the closest I could get )

Last edited by Austilias; 2012-03-30 at 11:54 AM.

For English Accents it's plain British for me - I think it's sexy.

For my own language (Dutch) it'd say Flemish (Belgian Dutch). That turns me on. I think that a lot of Dutch guys have that.
    /Zetsumei

Deleted
    British majorly.Also russian is quite funny.

Russian. Frankly, though, that's because I'm naturally biased. Can't expect me to favor another tongue when I can just favor my own.

I can fake an Australian accent very well and people in the US love it.

Deleted
    On ladies: Irish, Australian, U.S. Southern, Boarding School English, Scottish, Russian, French and Japanese.

On blokes: In line with the accents of Jeremy Irons, Christopher Hitchens and Richard Burton. (Classy but not toffy English.)
    Last edited by mmocf558c230a5; 2012-03-30 at 02:33 PM.