Thread: Favorite Accent

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post

Some more Northern Irish accents; a little more similar to mine, save for the obvious fact that it's women who are speaking

I don't really have any 'least favourite' accents, but the needless upper inflections in some American accents I can find excruciatingly annoying; but then again that might just be because my own accent is so neutral/flat
    Only problem with that video is it had Adrian Chiles in it, and I find his monotone voice annoying.

I don't really like or dislike any accent per se, usually any accent can be fine but turn bad when it's taken to a certain extreme. For instance I like Billy Connolly's strong accent, but I can barely stand Kirsty Wark's accent. But then there's an element of personal dislike there for Wark as a TV presenter, a la Adrian Chiles so maybe that's part of it as well.

Deleted
    I love my boyfriends Geordie accent, no idea why just...drool In at a close 2nd, the Irish accent - sounds so good. Even when saying the most mundane of things!

I just love it when French girls speaks english!

Deleted
    I love my own accent! Aye 'mon then ye wee dobber!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    (My grasp of Irish is quite poor however, and my accent similar to the individual's in this video, though a little weaker as it was the closest I could get )

Woooow I'm fairly fluent in Irish and I could barely figure out what he was saying

OT: ehhh a few of the English one's aren't to bad..... and Australian

I like German, and to a lesser degree Russian accents. Got a bit of a soft-spot for some of the less BBC-approved British accents (i.e. scouse).

As a male Australian who plays on a US server, it's extremely rare to not get a (positive) reaction from (American/Canadian) females in raid to an aussie accent. Apparently all north americans just love it.

I'm a scouser living in Northern Ireland. I'm not fussed generally on the Northern Irish accents - my boyfriend is from Ballymena and whilst his accent has mellowed a lot from living abroad for many years, I find his family's accents rather culchie and country bumpkinish. Londonderry accents are the worst imo, Nadine from Girl's Aloud is unintelligible to me, but some like Christine Brinkley have pretty accents. The Connor guy from the vid is ok, but still a little too broad imo. I'm generally not fussed on scouse accents and despise manc accents. Of the northern English accents I prefer those around Northumbria. I like some Scottish accents, generally Edinburgh on girls and a slightly softer Glaswegian on "real" men. Same with some of the Republic of Ireland accents, I like the posher Irish accents on women, but the rougher Dubliner accent on men.

I agree with a previous poster about the posh - but not toffy - English accent of Jeremy Irons and Christopher Hitchens (God bless 'em :>).

Midlands accents and Somerset accents do nothing for me.

I like some Australian accents on both men and women but NZ not so much. South African accents don't do anything for me.

Of the American accents, I love the Deep South on both men and woman and most of my favourite films and books are set there - the Colour Purple, Steel Magnolias, To Kill a Mockingbord....
    Other US accents like Florida/California I find too sweet and disingenuous. I can't think of any Canadian accents.

Of non-English native speakers I generally prefer Scandanavians - Ingrid Bergman is just lovely.

I just love a woman speaking English in a slow Russian accent - Remember Flash from Queen "despatch war rocket Ajax to bring back his body" still sends shivers down my spine PURRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zetsumei View Post
    For my own language (Dutch) it'd say Flemish (Belgian Dutch). That turns me on. I think that a lot of Dutch guys have that.
    Indeed, that's because it sounds more mild. So you generally get the idea that the people are more approachable.
    The same can be said when comparing a northern Dutch accent to a southern one.

As for English. I don't really know. I guess a Scandinavian accent is hot.
    But really anything is good compared to an American accent. That just sounds vulgar and barbaric to me. Ugh.

Ya scunner!!

Australian accents are just SO sexy, on both guys and girls :3

10+ Year Old Account
    New Zealand. Not sure why I love it, but I do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

Irish and Scottish accents are my favorite. So sexy.

I have such a crush on Karen Gillan (played Amy Pond in Dr Who) for this reason. Scottish and a red head.... pretty damn close to perfect.

Deleted
    Aussie chicks mate.
    They turn my motor from zero to hundred in less than one sentence.

Russian accent is 2nd place.

Deleted
    Living in Denmark, I'd have to say either scottish, english or italian!

Also, while I don't find it sexy, I always love listening to somebody from certain parts of Africa speak English. It sounds so distinct and just has a pleasant sound to it. It's nice to listen to, but I don't find it attractive the way that I find Swedish or Australian accents attractive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Irish and Australian, I love particularly female irish singer's voices, and I generally don't like female singers.

As for least favorite I hate my own
    I'm cursed with the abomination that is east-coast canadian gibberish accent.

Example: Ehhhhh bieeeee didgaeityet? You gotsa cigurette buddy? Whaaaaaa?
    Translation: Hello friend, did you eat yet? Do you have a cigarette to spare me? 'Whaaaaa?' is a sound made in response to not being able to hear some one else speak clearly.

it's easier to say what doesn't attract me (not to say that it's a turn-off, just not as attractive). spanish, portuguese, any african accent and any asian accent, and any american accents (as in the boston/new york/jersey accent, southern accent, etc.). so if you're from europe, australia, or one not mentioned, chances are i'll be more attracted to you than the others