Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaux View Post
    No a creature that size can't exist on earth or in secrecy! I'll explain why by using simple logic.

It can't be a carnivor because nothing in the ocean is big enough to sustain it, except for another of the same species.
    The sheer size of it wouldn't allow it to remain in the same area for long as it would constantly need to be on the lookout for food.
    This would force the creature to travel around all the worlds oceans and therefor it would need to be warmblooded inorder to cope.

Being warm blooded is an expensive adaptation as it requires even more energy, something a creature this size can't afford.
    As the creatures lifestyle is already extremely expensive it would lead to very small numbers of this species.
    Simply it can't afford to cannibalise a potential mate, at the same time it can't afford not to.

It would have to be a omnivore or herbivore. Most of the oceans plantlife and crustaceans are located in shallow seas, reefs etc as it needs sunlight to survive.
    This would force the creature to spend most of its lifetime in these shallow seas and reefs, an area that we actually monitor very closely.

Point is that if a creature this size existed, we'd know about it
    Unless, like some deep sea creature, it thrives on other sorts of energy. Like those things that live by the volcanic plumes at depth and strain nutrients from those plumes.

ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    if that creature excisted, we would have found it by now
    Being that we know and seen more in space than we have of our own oceans, I doubt it. BUT! If we did, we'll just have to wait till the government decides to release information about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    if that creature excisted, we would have found it by now
    human ego is thriving in this thread. facts has been handed out..crushing any amateur theory here(and my grammar). one could believe from the thoughts and answers posted that we are living in the early 1800's.

---------- Post added 2012-04-06 at 01:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    First it sounds like a hoax just to create the fantasy of a monster that large living beyond where any human being could travel.

Second, if a creature lived was that size and a carnivore, it would need to consume so much large portions of meat to maintain itself, blue whales being like goldfish to it, it would need to eat vast amounts of them, and I'd think we'd have noticd something that large eating blue whales and other large sea creatures.

Nice fantasy, but thats all.
    sorry for bursting your bubble. what do you think people said the first time they saw huge whales jumping out of the water? "omg omg how cuteeeeeeee and and they must be eetin tiny tiny krill" ? and how would you notice if something was nibbling on a whale? the only fantasy is 99% in this thread is comparing food/sound amount to body ratio to what they think sounds best.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Silhouette of Seraphim View Post
    Yeah, I like to take a crap on my neighbors lawn too

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    Hello mmo I'm going to tell you about bloop today but first i'm going to start with a little history lesson

During the cold war many sub marines were exploring our oceans and the USnavy had put underwater microphones to hear if there were enemy submarines coming close. These underwater microphones (better known as hydrophones) were placed at 3000 miles intervals so if a submarine would come closer they'd notice. The hydrophones were placed in very deep waters so that they'd detect even the deepest submarines but what they recorded was something they'd never expect.

They recorded a weird sound that was detected more than once during the summer of 1997 and it was coming from the South American southwest coast. The sound was heard on multiple hydrophones from over 3000 miles away! Now as this sound was unknown it could have had a million origins but scientists that looked into it with marine biologists noticed that this sound had alot of characteristics that sounds made by biological creatures also have. Most researchers believe the sound was made by a creature. But not just A creature, to make a sound that can be heard over 3000 miles through the ocean this creature has to be huge, much bigger than the blue whale which is the largest known animal to this day.

If it is a creature it lives in the cold, black depth of the ocean. Some reseachers thought that it is the sound of a giant squid but this is very unlikey because no squidlike animal is big enough to make a sound that's so loud. Science hasnt recorded any living or dead animal that would nearly be large enough to make this sound so unless the creature has an unknown mechanism to produce a sound so loud it must be immense.

Today the solution is still unknown and the sound hasn't been heard ever since the summer of 1997 though alot of other unknown sounds have been recorded. We know more about the moon than about the seas, many creatures living in our seas still are unknown so until we discover it bloop will be down there..
    Waiting for us..

This is a human compared to a blue whale.

This is a picture of the size of bloop compared to a blue whale
    This picture is only to give an idea of the size, it does not look like a giant whale thing.

This is a video of the actual bloop sound.

So what is your opinion about this mmo?
    lol that pic is awesome "well look how big mine is" lol

but seriously, large creatures tend to not exist like that undetected as there isn't enough space and food source to sustain seclusion. basically i could try hiding a dinosaur in my backyard, but it will look suspecious to the neighbors if i have a 2 story tall dog house and keep buying 300 pounds of meat a week for pet food.

---------- Post added 2012-04-06 at 03:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by darxide View Post
    ok i laughed that comment wins

---------- Post added 2012-04-06 at 03:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Unless, like some deep sea creature, it thrives on other sorts of energy. Like those things that live by the volcanic plumes at depth and strain nutrients from those plumes.
    i think the point is that there is energy to be gotten out of living at the botom of the ocean, but not enough to sustain large growth. its why deep sea creatures tend to be small and specially adapted to low nutrient foods

Deleted
    fuck you ppl are stupid. go google or youtube anything about the deep seas and the bs you talk is just going to hit u in the face. still talking about no food at the bottom? THERE IS and in such numbers we stupid humans know about it. and they are huuuge, what was that? no big animals in big numbers can live there? oh no? funny we known about it for a long long time they are called the GIANT squid, and thats only 1 animalz. never have we seen a fully grown one. cuz we cant dive so deep, oh what was that? animals cant be living so deep cuz humans cant go joy ride there? oh yes they can. but how we know of them? here comes the answer to all ur questions about so little food in water no big animal can live on it. google this , Sperm whales. learn something new. eats 3% of body weight a day, for male its over 900kg. females live in packs of up to 12. every day they eat squid funny yes, cuz no food on bottom? and squid eats? squid is scary big to, many scars of war on whales. why keep talking against hard facts slapping you in the face telling you there iz lots of life there. life first came from it to if any1 forgot

---------- Post added 2012-04-07 at 12:16 AM ----------

why on earth would our sonars find anything even close to those depth? and u are all trusting hydrophones from the cold war lol...every sound in the sea was new and scared us, mostly whales. of the sound they had no idea what it was when we started using submarines.even today our sonars and hydros are shit, why you think they shut down if they think enemy is close? to hear wwith human ears other humans making sound in other submarine, WOW we haz awesome sonarz. what if a playful sperm whale came close to the sub and made some fun low rez shound right at it? try figure that sound out. the other day on tv i saw modern Us sub while going up to surface to check in whit base drove right into the side of a huge mountain, WOW human sonarz rule

It's Cthulhu. Please, let it be Cthulhu.

10+ Year Old Account
    To anyone who keeps saying "Its impossible for the reason of it can't sustain itself through food and w/e because its so huge, maybe its so deep down there's an entire new ecosystem that lives down there. Or maybe they all live underground. Maybe it also it has adapted to survive in such severe pressure. Maybe it is Cthulu, because that would be epic. Or maybe it is just an ice sheet, we can't really know until we send things down there that can survive the pressure and scout.

Quote Originally Posted by capitano666 View Post
    Just drop a H-bomb and see what comes out ^_^
    The French did that, not in that part of the ocean though. xD That's what Godzilla was based off, a giant beast coming from the depths of the ocean after being woken up by those bombings, for some strange reason he appeared in Japan and later the USA instead of Europe though... xD

If there is life on the bottom of the ocean, wouldn't those creatures have to be huge too survive in the pressure down there? Not saying it has to be as big as the creature on the pic, but if there is life down there... who cares about going into space damnit, I wanna explore our own planet first!
    Last edited by ophion1990; 2012-04-07 at 07:56 PM.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep-sea_gigantism

However it's a completely different case with this supposed bloob creature. These giant squids and whatnot are just big by our definition but this would be just incomperehensevily colossal. There wouldn't be enough food for it to sustain itself. It would need to eat whales at minimum and whales aren't exactly a very abundant species (and certainly not the biggest ones of them). Maybe (and that's a big maybe) it could exist if there was only one or two of these creatures but any species needs a certain population size to survive as a species long enough (and in this case to evolve into such massive size) and it's far bigger than a few individuals. If such a species ever existed it would've died out long ago due to its own size (and the size would not have reached the one we see in the picture due to the reasons I just gave).
    Last edited by zorkuus; 2012-04-07 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariakan View Post
    It's Cthulhu. Please, let it be Cthulhu.
    It is Cthulhu and he has been preparing an invasion plan ever since we discovered him down there, his invasion plan takes exactly 15 years, the Bloop was discovered on 21 december 1997... The mayans knew all along and Lovecraft was actually the more modern day seer who was shown visions of our future overlord! =O