Issues with Razer Naga + Modifier key macros

I have the following macro:

#showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift] Immolation Aura; [mod:ctrl] Demon Leap; Metamorphosis

bound to the number 7 on my Razer Naga (in NUM mode).

When I press the Shift and Ctrl modifiers it's correctly changing the tooltip, but when I go into Metamorphosis and try to use the modifiers, it won't actually activate the abilities.

Any help or suggestions, outside of moving it to a different key?

Deleted
    Apologies for the necro, did you find a solution for this Prag?

*edit* obviously posting makes you find the solution: us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4079619809

You can't use shift on windows, possibly on mac.

You can't use a modifier+key combination that's keybound to something, that overrules the macro.

So with a free keybind, it should work, does for me.
    Last edited by mmoc19480c9cb5; 2012-05-12 at 05:58 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I had this same issue, and after some testing I believe I have discovered the source, but have yet to find a proper solution.

If you look at the numberpad, the 7 key also has 'Home' on it. (3 has Pg. Down, 1 and "End" etc..)
    Holding shift bypasses the numbers and uses the 'other' key, in the case of 7, it would be the same as pressing the home key.

10+ Year Old Account
    I also had a similar issue with Shift modifiers. I just had to update my drivers and it fixed itself
    dictated but not read.

I went into the Razor config, and changed the bindings of the side buttons to stuff I didn't use, like ()-=[];' etc. Once I did that, modifier macros worked. I think it's a limitation of shift + num pad, but works fine with regular keyboard bindings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Windows has hard-coded the numpad to behave a certain way with the Shift key. Shift-Num7 does not exist in Windows. Hitting shift and the Num7 key actually sends the same keypress as pressing "Home" does. Num2,4,6,8 are arrow keys, 1,3,7,9 are End, Page Down, Home, and Page Up. Num5 is just null and not recognized.

If you want to use the Num keys, you need to either hack the Windows registry to change to key assignments (not recommended, since it affects literally everything else you do in Windows, and mucking with the registry without knowing EXACTLY what you're doing can brick your Windows install), or do without the Shift modifier. The best alternative is to either use the normal number keys, or to use the Razer software to manually assign the keybinds to some other keys.