Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I do the same as OP. I feel bad for the guys that come into lfr in "bad" gear, doing their best, and losing the gear to jackasses with better gear who just roll for the lulz / vendorspec. I'd rather need on it and give it to the guy that actually does need the loot. I see this as being more right than handing the loot to the people who steal the only chance of loot the poor guys have per week just so they get awzum 10g for it @ the vendor.

Did Fall of DW just now actually, Gurthalak dropped, 4 people needed on it; a DK tank with 397, a "fury" warrior with full protgear and some pvp trinkets, another "fury" warrior with full parrydodgestamina gems and the rest pvp items, and then one retripaladin with full LFD retrigear. I won. Gave it to the paladin and made his day.
    Last edited by mmoc0180b66b9b; 2012-03-30 at 04:21 PM.

Deleted
    While some would say it's morally wrong to do so I actually think it's a good thing for someone to get loot and then give it to whoever performed best or next highest roller because if someone were to win an item and don't actually need it then they shouldn't have it unless they're being a vigilante.

I always roll on everything for my spec and give to whoever needs it the most as long as they didn't faceroll the whole fight.

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    You have every right to roll need on that loot as anyone else. What you choose to do with that loot (vendor it, DE it, trade it, throw it on the ground) is up to you.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I roll need on everything and give it to someone who deserves it and doesn't suck. I don't really care if anyone thinks it's right or wrong. It feels right. People who don't pull their weight deserve a little less chance at loot than people who do. Because if you had 25 of them, you would stand at Morchok wiping repeatedly because everyone queued knowingly in PVP gear or didn't bother to learn what their spells do.
    www.mostlydead.enjin.com - We're recruiting!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurpdurp View Post
    So the OP is not entitled to the loot? He/She was there.
    yep, general rule i've come up with, is just roll need on everything because others are as well, if it is an actual upgrade for someone, then trade it to them.
    (idc about dps, it goes to the highest roller who it was an upgrade for.

if i win the loot, it is my choice what to do with it - hence giving it to someone who needs it- prevents ppl hitting need just to de it from their bags later...grr

and ++MoP LFR rolls woo
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Herald of the Titans
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    People are indeed insisting it is LFR then saying that the time is better spent healing... but then again you just said it's LFR, healing trash can be done with 3 people pretty much.

And until the new loot system comes in, I will continue to take it upon myself to make sure people who have worse gear get the item progression they signed up for

Actually you bring up a really valid point here. People are lambasting me for needing on loot I already have and doing what I want with it, but are not lambasting other people who already have that loot and better and are taking it for OS or being a loot troll. Double standards people...
    unless you're master looter.. it's not your job to assign loot..
    the most beautiful post I have ever read.. thank you Dr-1337 http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post22624432

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it's wrong. You're only adding to the problem. That's one of the many reasons why the Mists loot system doesn't allow rolling individually.

You admitted yourself, you have a full set and have no interest in an offspec set. You have no business deciding how loot is distributed, regardless of how unfair it may end up being.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've done this a couple times; needed on something like tier that I could have used but decided to give to someone else because the tier isn't really all that helpful anymore with MoP coming up and me not having time to play as much as I want to

If you can need on an item in LFR it is not wrong for you to click need. It is not a community driven event in the least and the same etiquette does not apply.

OP, you are not a vigilante. You are a thief. Stop flattering yourself.

Robin Hood was a thief as well, regardless of him giving the riches to the poor. Get a life. Play the game for you. None of those people you are getting gear into the hands of are going to turn out to be gorgeous women who intend to fellate you after seeing your chivalrous videogaming habits. Get over yourself.

A vigilante?

Like some sort of LFR Batman?

...damn, now it sounds kinda awesome.

On topic, I suppose this is better than just needing on items because and vendoring them as some people do, and I have had some positive experiences with people needing on items and passing them to someone who does need them, when other people who already had them and wanted to shard or vendor them also needed on it.
    Last edited by Abandon; 2012-03-30 at 10:45 PM.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    You have every right to roll need on that loot as anyone else. What you choose to do with that loot (vendor it, DE it, trade it, throw it on the ground) is up to you.
    Doesn't that defeat the whole purpose and definition of the word "need"?

But hey, selfishness > random strangers...

Honestly I am surprised people still run LFR.

Deleted
    Keep away from personal insults guys and girls. If you disagree with the OP that's fine and you're welcome to discuss the subject but flaming him or anyone else in this thread is against the forum rules. You can state your opinion without insults.

LFR is.... hmm what can i say?
    many ppl roll need on items while they have a better set,
    i have seen guilds q'ing for LFR n they roll need on items then
    they give it to their guildies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Better than what I do. I need everything. I've been boned so much for gear that I don't feel bad at all when I bone somebody. I'm an asshole like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aired
    Our raid leader went AFK mid nef attempt and all he said was 'BRB GF's naked'

At this point, it doesn't really matter. Now does it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, here's the thing: I don't think you should do this but I can't find any real reason why you shouldn't either. Making yourself into a loot god isn't a healthy thing but if you're doing it for the right reasons and continue to do so until MoP then it's probably not a problem. At the very least, you can keep it to yourself. The only reason for a thread like this is to pump up your ego and hope that people think you're some sort of saint.

The best gift is the quiet gift.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darqhur View Post
    Wouldn't it be weird if people knew about people who roll like this and purposefully changed to trash gear so you would give them loot?
    I did not have better but I have won a token and then inspected a guy begging me for the piece and watched him switch out his 397 for a blue...

Yes, OP, this kind of vigilantism is wrong.

And what is more awful, it causes even honest and lawful people, like me ^.^, to do similar things as well.

Such lawful people become tired when, in example, in same 5-men hcs LFR+ geared people ninja inferior loot to vendor/shard it, thus usually leaving you with zero loot/DE mats in the end of the run if you don't do same and press "need" on all items as well. It is broken beyond horrible, thanks to people feeling they are "hand of justice" or that they could solo whole raid/5-men but have to carry other people for some strange and unknown reason.

Glad that MoP will fix it (at least for LFR).

Quote Originally Posted by Da Baws View Post
    Better than what I do. I need everything. I've been boned so much for gear that I don't feel bad at all when I bone somebody. I'm an asshole like that.
    Harm X because you got harmed by Y. That's the spirit, keep the anonymous feud alive!
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.