Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Guild bank Ninjad

Hello
    So a guy in our guild ninjad like a lot of enchanting/alchemy materials & patterns.
    Will he get punished by GM's? (i know we will get our stuff back)
    Just wanna know if he would get banned or would they take the materials away he stole?

greetz enc.

If you gave him the right to take stuff then it's kinda your fault. A GM might get it you back though. Even if they shouldn't, imo.

If you gave him access and it was not a hack situation they will not help you. Best thing you can do is advertise in trade that he's a thief.

10+ Year Old Account
    If he was given access to the guild bank by the leaders of your guild then he had every right to take up to his given limit of items out of your guild bank. It's obviously a dick move and it's wrong but Blizzard won't be able to do anything about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Encountered View Post
    Hello
    So a guy in our guild ninjad like a lot of enchanting/alchemy materials & patterns.
    Will he get punished by GM's? -No
    (i know we will get our stuff back) - Sorry, but you're wrong there.
    Just wanna know if he would get banned - No
    or would they take the materials away he stole? - No
    Unless he was hacked you will not get anything back and he will not be punished in any way at all. Blizzard completely washes their hands of these type of situations, only if his account was compromised will they lift a finger to help.
    He keeps it all, you lose.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. He was given the ability to take the funds, and then he took them and left. It isn't pretty, but the only solution is to lock down access further. GMs have had a solid stance with guild banks that they will not regulate how people can take things out

Thats like giving someone your car keys and then report it stolen to the police. It's a sad thing, but you have to be super careful of what people to trust with Guildbank withdrawels. In general I'd only allow the GM and RLs or so to withdraw since that greatly reduces the chance of them actually stealing everything. Then again, I recall a GM stealing an entire Gbank in WotLK, disbanding the guild and then migrating so...

i find it strange that when you give some1 who's supposed to be trusted guild bank access then they go on to ninja shed loads of items, enchanting mats, potions etc the GM's wil not do anything about it - b4 u start i agree the gm's prob wont do anything, after all he was given access to the gbank but i still think its crap they wont do anything

@ophion1990 - RL's can still ninja items m8, again you have given access to gb to some1 your supposed to trust

Quote Originally Posted by Ursafluff View Post
    Unless he was hacked you will not get anything back and he will not be punished in any way at all. Blizzard completely washes their hands of these type of situations, only if his account was compromised will they lift a finger to help.
    He keeps it all, you lose.
    The exact same thing happened in my guild a little after Firelands came out.... Guild bank permissions were improperly set (iirc it was some low level rank that has access to 99 stacks for every tab). A guy ninjad a ton of herbs and whatnot, guild master booted him out and set the proper permissions, and a couple days later a GM restored everything. Lately Blizzard has taken the stance that if the rules allow a person to do something, it's not ninja'ing (their cop out way of dealing with a broken loot system), so the rules may have changed, but they did help us out in our case.

Quote Originally Posted by pacapaca View Post
    The exact same thing happened in my guild a little after Firelands came out.... Guild bank permissions were improperly set (iirc it was some low level rank that has access to 99 stacks for every tab). A guy ninjad a ton of herbs and whatnot, guild master booted him out and set the proper permissions, and a couple days later a GM restored everything. Lately Blizzard has taken the stance that if the rules allow a person to do something, it's not ninja'ing (their cop out way of dealing with a broken loot system), so the rules may have changed, but they did help us out in our case.
    If you let someone take items from the Guild Bank and they take items from the Guild Bank you think that's a "broken loot system"? Even though it is completely possible for you to prevent people from taking items from it, or set limits on how much they can withdraw?

Because it sounds like the loot system is fine and you are just using it wrong.

If someone is hacked and the hacker takes out items from the Guild Bank, that is something they restore though.
    Last edited by Abandon; 2012-03-30 at 04:42 PM.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Hello
    Just wanna know if he would get banned or would they take the materials away he stole?

greetz enc.
    What did your guild's GM give him access to?

Was the guy who "Ninja'd" allowed to withdraw that much?
    Or, was he a hacked player?

If the former, your guild is SoL and Blizzard WILL NOT DO ANYTHING because it's your guild's fault for allowing a ninja to do that.
    If the latter, your guild is fine and Blizzard WILL GET YOUR STUFF BACK.

In either case, the player WILL NOT get into trouble at all. The former being YOUR GUILD'S fault so they won't do anything to him. They may lock his account on the latter until they receive proof of ownership of the account.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    Thats like giving someone your car keys and then report it stolen to the police. It's a sad thing, but you have to be super careful of what people to trust with Guildbank withdrawels. In general I'd only allow the GM and RLs or so to withdraw since that greatly reduces the chance of them actually stealing everything. Then again, I recall a GM stealing an entire Gbank in WotLK, disbanding the guild and then migrating so...
    I'm not a fan of the analogy. It's more like giving someone the spare key to your car and telling him he can use it on occasion, THEN he steals it. Even though I agree there was a mistake in allowing usage, unless there is obviously something fishy going on, stuff won't get returned. It's why you don't give people free reign over the guild bank. You give officers the ability--and only high-ranking ones at that, then they can provide the goods to others who ask for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depending on the items and situation Blizz may restore them, then again they may not. We had this happen to our guild about 6 months ago. We have it set that players are allowed to withdraw 20stacks per day. Had a guy that waited til everyone logged off, then stole from the guild bank the 20 highest pricing items/stacks we had. He ended up getting a little over 75k worth of things. Guy server xfered that same night. We put a ticket in to Blizz and luckily they restored everything, and even more shockingly gave the guy a 3 day suspension. We found out about the suspension from the guy. He had a second account with a toon still in guild, logged on bitching that we ticketed him and got him suspended.
    Go ahead and put a ticket in. Worse thing that happens is they tell you no and be more careful next time.
    Kaeliri
    Sturmgrenadier Officer
    www.sghq.org
    Join a 10+ year old adult gaming syndicate in the domination of the MMO world

I read all the comments here, and a lot of people are simply speculating.
    Anyone that says something along the lines of "You gave access, it's your fault" are the people that do/would shamelessly ninja gbanks and not blink because there's a high chance of no repercussions.
    Here's most of my experience with gbank ninjaing while I'm GL:

1) Christmas Eve two weeks after Gbanks were introduced to WoW, one of my very reliable officers were hacked, and ninja'd anything of worth in our bank. There was no policy at the time on gbanks, so nothing could be done at all, although the character got his personal items/professions restored, and a ton of gold/badges in his mail. I was prompted by GMs after more than a couple tickets to write a long and detailed letter to the Blizzard email they provided outlying what was taken, and why we should get it all back. I never wrote that letter.

2) WOTLK someone was sick of Sindragosa, ninja'd gbank and quit guild. Everything was restored via my ingame mail (more than what was taken actually), and he was banned.

3) Dragon Soul, heavily recruiting for raiding and to level the guild/cash flow. Some clowny with a big mouth that we took to DS 1 night and allowed to freeroll on gear (which he won some nice loots) ninja'd as much as he could from each tab, logged in his alts, did the same, and gquit. I reported him, but the GMs said that the amount taken was trivial (worth about 5k gold) and there was nothing they could do. 5k gold is admittedly not much, but we were a level 23, budding raiding guild, and those resources were important for our disposition at the time. Much of what he took were awesome items in the FFA tab, which people didn't understand not to put valuable things in that tab, rather the appropriate tabs.
    That player later would send me messages and gloat about stealing from me, brag about joining a guild carrying him through Heroic Modes, and swearing at me quite a bit. I feel he never saw repercussions for this until literally my 5th or 6th ticket because he was doing it daily until that point.

There were other non-mentionable incidents throughout time as well, I'm sure.

Point of the matter is that there are too many variables on action taken by GMs (including their mood that day) to predict any possible outcome. Best bet after you get swindled is to reduce bank privileges to just officers with Authenticator Keys no matter what kind of guild you are, although this really sucks for guild morale. Worst case scenario one of your very trusted officers shows their true colours one day and you're screwed. It makes the game more of a job to the few with access that have to babysit, and handout to other members, but if the contents of your gbank is important, it's necessary, sadly. This is all because there is no gaurantee on restored items, action taken on ninjas, and there is no deterrence for degenerates that consider ninjaing gbanks.

Good luck
    Last edited by Gempalm; 2012-03-30 at 07:56 PM.

I once withdrew ~10,000g from a guild bank I shared with a few people (I had deposited all the money into the bank, mind you) a few weeks later forgot about it because I had deleted the toon I used to withdraw the money, though someone else had ninja'd it, put in a ticket about it, and got a 3 day ban for "actions against the best interest of the guild." I unsubscribed for a long time after that, because I felt an appropriate response was "you took the money noob lol."

It's possible he could get actioned, but not likely.

Not really ninja if you give him access.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello
    If he walked up to the guild bank and withdrew what he had the rights to withdraw, it's not ninja anything. He shouldn't get punished by GM's; he won't get banned. You might get your stuff back but if I was a GM, I'd have to know a lot more than what you've said before I'd do it.

Similar thing happened to my guild in FL, someone we trusted took as much as he could before realm transferring. After going as far up the command chain of the GMs as I could to try and get the stuff back, I gave up.

Now only I have significant access to my gbank (ie noone else will be able to remove much of value). Learn from the error and become a tightass with your guildbank.

It really seems to depend on the GM as to whether you will get your stuff restored. Try and make your ticket as politely worded and informative as possible. In my experience they will restore items that were obviously a rob-and-run, like them cleaning out what they could and server transferring. However, this isn't always true, since we had someone get promoted to raider rank once, clean out our flasks and food, and faction change the same day, with the GM telling us they couldn't do anything about it. Every other time, though, we've gotten everything restored.

As far as punishment for the person responsible, it depends on their history, I think. If this is something they've been reported for before, it's pretty likely they will get temporarily banned, but if it's a first time offense, at most they will lose the items and get warned, and maybe not even that. All you can do is open a ticket and hope for the best.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    Sorri for Necro but maybe there are other Rulings after one and a half years now and also I have another situation:

I purchased a Guild and want to convert it into my personal Bank tab. However, there are still some Items from other Players. What I did was setting a one Week timer on the Guild messenge, giving players time to retrieve their Items.

Was this enough time or too few time? Would it be alright to take all the Items from my new guild after this week and gkick everybody? Or must I search the Log who deposited what and send to their respective owners be immune to GM punishment?
    While in your case I can't see how you get in trouble, the nicest thing to do would be the latter of your suggestions, while the most efficient would be just gkick and forget after a week. They will be able to search you out should they feel they want their item back