Thread: Farming Malygos

Farming Malygos

I was just wondering if anyone out there would be willing to help me with some tips for soloing Malygos or even two manning it. Me and my buddy are gonna start farming him for the mounts and Im having a hard time finding solo strats online. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Soloed it quite a few times on my deathknight, P1, just nuke the boss and make sure to stand in the sparkly area when you've killed a spark (having 2 in the same place increases dmg by another 50%) When P2 starts, stand inside a bubble kill the melee type adds, mount a flying saucer and kill the rest of the mobs (use any survivability ability you have in this phase.

P3, if solo, use the following rotation -> full stacks with HoT (5 stacks), Hotkeyed to 3, reapply it when the boss becomes attackable, then follow this rotation -> 1 - 1 - 2 - 3, rotation has to be nailed or you will lose your HoT stacks and likely die.

P3, if duo, either use the rotation above (both of you) or just have the other guy heal and you follow this rotation -> 1 - 2 - 1 - 2

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    I try and duo this every week as a warrior tank. I just take a DPS along with me since I don't have the self healing necessary to make it through phase 1 if it takes a long time.

Sharlez said it all in the post above. When I went last week with a Mage he did something stupid and died at the start of phase 2. I did fine soloing out phase 2 and doing phase 3 using the 1-1-2-3 strat. (1-1-2-3 is what I did back when it was current content...)

soloed it on my hunter alot cuz black ice wouldnt drop for the longest time, i actually got the mount to drop before the polearm -_-

Kinda vague since you dont mention the classes youre bringing but...

p1 - make sure one of you is not taking the aoe cone damage he does and dont let him absorb any stars

p2 - the guys that float down dont have an aggro table but you can drop aggro with vanish/fd and they will switch targets. If ur ranged make sure to just sit in the bubbles and dps

p3 - 1-1-2-3 is the winning strat like everyone said before. when you do 2, there will be a slight delay cuz youre energy starved but stay strict to the rotation and spam 3 immediately after 2 goes off since the duration will be running out. Try to stay at max range so you can preemptively dodge his targeted aoe attack

Quote Originally Posted by Zhalfirin View Post
    soloed it on my hunter alot cuz black ice wouldnt drop for the longest time, i actually got the mount to drop before the polearm -_-

Kinda vague since you dont mention the classes youre bringing but...

p1 - make sure one of you is not taking the aoe cone damage he does and dont let him absorb any stars

p2 - the guys that float down dont have an aggro table but you can drop aggro with vanish/fd and they will switch targets. If ur ranged make sure to just sit in the bubbles and dps

p3 - 1-1-2-3 is the winning strat like everyone said before. when you do 2, there will be a slight delay cuz youre energy starved but stay strict to the rotation and spam 3 immediately after 2 goes off since the duration will be running out. Try to stay at max range so you can preemptively dodge his targeted aoe attack
    My pet gets bugged in phase 1. After the vortex it refuses to gain aggro. I've tried everything people have said to do. IE put it on aggressive the entire time, dismiss him before the vortex, feign death etc and nothing seems to want to work. It's frustrating.