Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Nigger is just a word, it wasn't born as derogatory term, it acquired this meaning lately. I think that is the tone that makes a term vulgar or derogatory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Diver 1980 View Post
    Nigger is just a word, it wasn't born as derogatory term, it acquired this meaning lately. I think that is the tone that makes a term vulgar or derogatory.
    In the wrong setting, which is 99% of the time, it's very hurtful and derogatory.

Enjoy the B&/Infraction.

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Diver 1980 View Post
    Yeah try to explain that to a black person and let me know how that turns out for you. The way things a taken are not always like a dictionary.

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Who, besides lunatics, are pro war?
    I'll take Republicans for $800, Alex.

Since I live in Texas and am completely surrounded by Republicans I can attest that I know absolutely no one personally who doesn't think we should be at war right now.

Of course the same people also think that we need to bring the troops home. You can't win with logic in this state.
    Anyone else think Jaime Lannister only has the Kingslayer title because he was just too lazy to kill the king on heroic mode?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Banky.Edwards View Post
    every single race thread i've clicked on recently on these forums is the same OP.

seems like the OP's got deeper issues at hand than stumbling on words in a speech. just sayin'.
    You're an, "OP" racist!

I know where you hail from! Good sir!

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    Yeah try to explain that to a black person and let me know how that turns out for you. The way things a taken are not always like a dictionary.
    I know black people who address one another as "My nigger/niggah" all the time, so ironically you are stereotyping in your implication of racism.

As to the video, there's two things that have me convinced he almost let the word "nigger" slip:

1) The insane amount of verbal stumbling half-way through, which makes no sense if it was just an ordinary word.
    2) The complete change of subject afterward.

I don't know how American accents are, maybe that is a contributing factor, but "Nig" was undeniably heard, and the lengths people go to in trying to say otherwise are interesting, to say the least.
    Last edited by Austilias; 2012-04-01 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogieknight View Post
    I'll take Republicans for $800, Alex.

Since I live in Texas and am completely surrounded by Republicans I can attest that I know absolutely no one personally who doesn't think we should be at war right now.

Of course the same people also think that we need to bring the troops home. You can't win with logic in this state.
    Ron Paul is from your state and he is the only one who really wants to stop the wars. That has to count for something.

---------- Post added 2012-04-01 at 07:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    I know black people who address one another as "My nigger/niggah" all the time, so ironically you are stereotyping in your implication of racism.

As to the video, there's two things that have me convinced he almost let the word "nigger" slip:

1) The insane amount of verbal stumbling half-way through, which makes no sense if it was just an ordinary word.
    2) The complete change of subject afterward.

I don't know how American accents are, maybe that is a contributing factor, but "Nig" was undeniably heard.
    In America if a white person says the N word it is almost always taken in an offensive way even it if really isnt ment to be that way.

15+ Year Old Account
    i am Canadian and have no biased towards any party or candidate if your dumb country.

you are seriously grasping at anything if you think he dropped an "N-Bomb" there I'm not sure where your from that the N word sounds like that but he most certainly did not say it or even come close.

you just don't like him as a candidate that's all there is to it.

Ron Paul is from your state and he is the only one who really wants to stop the wars. That has to count for something.
    He also believes the Earth is 6000 years old; never bad to take these things with a pinch of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by cyqu View Post
    i am Canadian and have no biased towards any party or candidate if your dumb country.

you are seriously grasping at anything if you think he dropped an "N-Bomb" there I'm not sure where your from that the N word sounds like that but he most certainly did not say it or even come close.

you just don't like him as a candidate that's all there is to it.
    Look at the video I posted at the top of this page. Rick Santorum has said pretty racists things in the past.

---------- Post added 2012-04-01 at 07:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    He also believes the Earth is 6000 years old; never bad to take these things with a pinch of salt.
    Who in the world told you that peice of fiction? I would love to see some evidence of that.

In America if a white person says the N word it is almost always taken in an offensive way even it if really isnt ment to be that way.
    Then the fault clearly lies in the interpreter when they consider the word fine if said by a black person, but racist if said by a white person.

Quote Originally Posted by Banky.Edwards View Post
    every single race thread i've clicked on recently on these forums is the same OP.

seems like the OP's got deeper issues at hand than stumbling on words in a speech. just sayin'
    Thank you! I will agree on this. Can't believe moderators sit idly by and continue to post.

Here are some:
    Congressnan bobby Rush Kicked off House Floor for Wearing a Hoodie.
    Why America Nuked Japan
    Racist KFC Commercial
    African American Crime Rate-A Cultural Problem, NOT SKIN COLOR
    High School's Chant "USA USA USA" deemed racist!
    Do you think citizens on food stamps should be able to buy junk
    If everyone owned a gun, would the world be safer?'

To be fair he has some whimsical topcis which I won't copy. All I know is alot Flame post to me.

Deleted
    I think this thread has run its course now, there's not much more to be discussed besides whether you think he said some word or not. Locking.