10+ Year Old Account

Intel SSD firmware update

Hey

I've got the Intel X25-M 120GB SSD, and I want to update the firmware due to recurring freezes.

I downloaded this and installed the .iso on an empty disc, whenever I launch the firmware updater I get this error:
    ^
    (click image to enlarge)

Basically it says:
    The version of this file isn't compatible with the version of Windows you're using, check the computer's system specs to see if you need the 32bit or 64bit version.

I've got Windows 7 ultimate 64bit, it says on the Intel page it's useable with the 64bit version

Any help?
    Last edited by inux94; 2012-03-30 at 05:09 PM.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Deleted
    The ISO intended to be run as a boot device. You do not run that program in Windows.

The alternative is to use the Intel SSD Toolbox, which also includes a patcher that can upgrade while Windows is running.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, I'll try that, thanks
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What DarkXale said.

Open it up via BIOS.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I have the same drive.

Burn that ISO to an actual disc.

With that disc inside your optical drive, restart PC and make sure it is set to boot from the disc drive.

The update tool should run automatically and update the drive to the latest firmware.