Poll: Have you at any time some sort of loyalty to an ingame faction/ ingame leader?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Kane from Command & Conquer. Long live the Brotherhood!

10+ Year Old Account
    In your fish aquarium eating your fish flakes. NOM NOM
    I think im actually going to bring this to the attention of my professor. I think this would be an interesting study if we can come up with a way to test it.
    Torchlight II Vanilla Player
    Looking for a vanilla only group?

http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=40739

10+ Year Old Account
    Finland, the night is dark and full of terrors.
    For the Horde.
    Not faction leader`s though, only the Horde in general.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, i'm mainly a forsaken player and i hate Sylvanas. Hell i dont even know the name of the bloodelf leader.
    And also can't wait to kill Garrosh off.

Never feelt any loyality in any game.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    My first toon was an Undead so I have always had this strange loyalty toward Sylvanas. As far as non-WoW NPCs go Paarthurnax from Skyrim, I just couldn't kill him, his help felt more vital than anyone else in the game and I decided I'd kill all of the Blades before I would kill him.

Deleted
    Hmm... On MMO's I generally don't feel any loyalty towards my leaders. On singleplayer games I do get that feeling with a few people. Like Anderson and Hackett in Mass Effect universe. They have such an authority and they're such figures for Shepard I could never imagine betraying them. I have a lot of loyalty and respect towards those guys.

I guess it depends a bit for me. If the character is someone I could respect IRL (figuratively speaking), they definitely get my loyalty in-game.

Deleted
    I would gladly forge Ulfric Stormcloak's crown myself. Aside from that, Gabriel Angelos and Eliphas the Inheritor from Dawn of War.

Deleted
    No, I don't play games for lore but for the gameplay it goes as far as not knowing who the leader is of the Alliance even after playing it for over 7 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Solaire of Astora and Ulfrik Stormcloak

Deleted
    Hmm... Maybe when Thrall was warchief, but that's only because I loved his character in both warcraft 3 and WoW, well...atleast before he went into super world shaman mode, and before Aggra turned him into ''Go'el''. As for Garrosh, I can't wait to smash his tiny brain in MoP.

Other than WoW, I can't really think of something else.
    Last edited by mmoc0ea342aa3d; 2012-04-01 at 10:49 PM.

I'm a Garrosh loyalist all the way.

It's unfortunate events are going to transpire the way they are planned in MoP...
    Garrosh brought strength and respectable image to the Horde at last after endless Thrall led attempts at peace and smooching with the Alliance.

Though on the topic at large, I'll note that this is one thing I am severely disappointed in about Guild Wars 2. No faction hatred, no player rivalry. World vs. World is just a Team Fortress 2 clone. There's no lore justification for it, no faction/race rivalry and enmity.

As such, WoW will still remain on top, because it connects with players even outside the game itself, creating a type of rivalry and player interaction that you're hard pressed to find in any other MMORPG, especially since lately MMO developers and their publishers are becoming more and more afraid of taking such a direction and just creating pacifistic games where everyone is allied and/or where PvP exists only in predefined conditions and even in the form of sports, thus being "all in the spirit of sportsmanship" and whatnot. Pretty sad state of things.

Hmm, on Horde side there's Sylvanas, Vol'Jin and Cairne (a bit indifferent to Baine). Not much on the Alliance side, only Malfurion and Tyrande are around from previous Warcraft games. Sorta liked Magni Bronzebeard even though he never had much screen time.

Big squee for Jaina, but she's not even a faction leader :P

Long live the High Tinker!

I feel loyalty to my guild. My guild is Horde, which is fine as Horde is the only faction I've played. If my guild were to faction change, then I would as well.

I don't play this game to post false loyalties to fictional characters. I still play this game because I my friends (in the form of my guild) do. And anyone who prefers Thrall or Wrynn (or some other NPC) over their own guild members, needs to reconsider whether they are in the right guild or not.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know, I've always felt "loyal" to the Horde in general. The abused underdog who worked to end their corruption and struggle to get by gets me. The fact that its such ragtag races that have been able to ally under one banner against oppression from outside forces.

Also, Mass Effect characters and KOTOR characters. Bioware does a damn good job of writing a single-player story.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW; Vol'jin, Sylvannas, Thrall, Muradin Bronzebeard, Malfurion Stormrage, Jaina Proudmoore all in that order
    Non-WoW; Jim Raynor, Sarah Karrigan, Tassadar, Zeratul, Professor Oak, Darth Revan, Magnus Gallant

I feel like a lot of you are taking the OP's question a little to seriously. Yes it's a game and you'll never have loyalty in the true sense over anything IRL in the game. But while your in game just have fun with it. Your free to enjoy the characters you want. I'ed back Malfurion and Tyrande 100% in game. But that's just cause I love the story and lore behind the Night Elves :P

On a separate note I was sad with what happened with Darth Malgus as well Windry. He was awesome